Pets at Home www.petsathome.com

Pets at Home www.petsathome.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pets at Home www.petsathome.com

“Aquarium livestock purchase.”

written by Seanygus on 10/06/2024

Visited pet's at home Dewsbury this afternoon to purchase some aquarium livestock, I have to say that the man who sorted out the livestock collecting for us was absolutely brilliant. He had excellent knowledge which he shared with us and made our experience a really pleasant one. He's very polite and friendly and made us feel totally at ease.

“I called in for some medicine for my dog travel...”

written by Tilly2404 on 30/05/2024

I called in for some medicine for my dog travel sickness and she served me and she was brilliant. She synced me up on your app and I received a discount absolutely brilliant !!!!

“Keep discontinuing stuff,”

written by Chrisology on 26/05/2024

Why the hell do they keep discontinuing stuff, finally found a dog meat after the last one was continued and yet again that’s now continued ???? they NEVER have enough staff on so you walk round for ages to find a member of staff to help you, stuff is always out of stock as well, after I have driven miles to get there , it’s so frustrating that’s me done now I will find another decent pet shop, it’s a shame they were so good to begin with, and when they say SORRY THAT REALLY DOES NOT HELP AT ALL ????

“Unsafe environment for pets!”

written by Victoria376 on 20/05/2024

I went into my local Pets at Home on 29th March 2024 and, as I was waiting at the till to pay, I heard my puppy crunching on something. When I looked down there were staples on the floor and she was eating them! I expressed my concern and was sent to the vets at the back of the store who said they were just going home and I should ring an out of hours’ vet. I was surprised at their attitude as they stated that the store is nothing to do with them. I complained to head office and, after numerous email exchanges, they have concluded that a customer must have dropped them as they don’t have staplers at the till. That is not entirely true as I have been advised that sometimes the managers do their admin at the counter. I feel that to blame a member of the public is most unprofessional and they refuse to accept any responsibility whatsoever. I was thanked for bringing it to their attention stating that they have highlighted the issue to the store in question who will ensure the queuing area is inspected more frequently which is of no comfort to me or my puppy. It’s more a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. The stores actively encourage owners to bring in their pets and they should therefore ensure that it is a safe environment to do so. I am very disappointed as it is a store I use frequently but I won’t be going there again. As for the customer service department, they really need to start taking responsibility for things that go wrong in one of their stores and this is not by blaming their customers.

“Abysmal customer service”

written by Catowner3 on 10/05/2024

I've tried Web chat and was disconnected at #6 in the queue telling me there were no agents available and it took them 55 minutes to realise that. I've messaged twice and had no reply to either. I hung on for an hour on the phone with no answer. My order was 4 items short and they owe me a refund. Dreadful customer service. I will never use them again either online or in store.

“Great service in the Hastings branch”

written by lrWright313 on 08/05/2024

I took my cockerpoo for a shampoo trim and nail cut today .They did a great job she looks really good

“Highly recommend ”

written by Sallymac1 on 27/04/2024

Went pets at home groom room in Ron valley way Romford to get my elderly dogs nails clipped, absolutely amazing service, the girl doing it went above and beyond for my dog and was so helpful and friendly, was worried cos my dog can be temperamental but she was amazing with him, my dog took to her straight away,

“Big company but no heart”

written by Wood2929 on 26/04/2024

No customer care They send a VIP 25% off dog grooming voucher On the grooming day the voucher has disappeared from the app due to “platform swap out “ so the store couldn’t take 25% off, they suggested ringing the customer care team On the phone for 45 minutes- Unanswered so tried Live chat for15 minutes who eventually emailed a voucher which didn’t work so we had to pay the full amount We sent an email to request the discount which took 19 days to receive a reply with an offer of the discount refund ( which was rightfully ours but will take 10 days to go into our bank) and a paltry £10 gesture of goodwill voucher which is their “final offer” So pets at home customer care feel that we have been inconvenienced to the value of £10 which clearly shows what value they put on their customers Needless to say when we spend the £10 voucher it will probably be the last time we use their company Big company with no heart

“Missing item, terrible customer service ”

written by Bhje1001 on 23/04/2024

Item missing from my order, took an age to resolve where he tried to tell me that because the box was delivered I couldn't be missing anything. Took 40 minutes to get a refund agreed although I wanted a replacement. Terrible attitude and I won't be shopping with them online again.

“Sympathetic ”

written by Keriann09 on 09/04/2024

Today I had to go to Kempston store to have my rabbit put to sleep and the staff member/vet was very sympathetic and explained the whole process to me and made sure everything was done when I was ready, he helped put me and my rabbit at ease and allowed me to have as much time as I wanted with my rabbit even when she had been put to sleep, he gave me a nose stamp and fur from my rabbit so that I could keep a peace of her with me .

“Horrible customer service”

written by ayHaley236 on 05/04/2024

Horrible customer service, missing orders, cant get a straight answer, they changed their portal which caused delays in repeat orders, just a joke. Staff in the shop doesn't have enough knowledge about products. I am very disappointed with the service and would not recommend the shop.

“Brilliant Service ”

written by TeddyOscar on 30/03/2024

Saturday 30th March Pets at Home Bridgend My wife unfortunately was returning some dead fish. She was great and the level of service was second to none. Her knowledge, advice and answers were fantastic. She issued a credit and recommended a purification to add to the fish tank water that would neutralise the chlorine. My wife was delighted and appreciated the time and care that she had given.

“Worst website in the UK”

written by Grapev1ne on 09/03/2024

The shop is fine, I've never had a problem there but the website is completely unusable. It freezes, loses information, discount vouchers don't work and customer service is appalling.

“Breach of confidentiality ”

written by Pomeranian123 on 14/02/2024

I took my two Pomeranians into the groom room, both were de fleas the week before and clean (to my knowledge) on arrival the lady notice 2 small fleas on my poms belly ( living on a farm with foxes this can happen) to my disgust an hour later I received a call off a close friend to tell me the lady working at the groom room had put the NAMES of my dogs in a public grooming group on what’s app and exaggerated it to them being covered/festered Disgusting how such a well know company employs a woman who clearly knows no integrity or respect for their customers or animals privacy. Safe to say I will be using a groomer who is a professional next time!!!!!!!

“Cruel trade in 'live food' ”

written by Izabellah402 on 19/01/2024

I will not be shopping in there again until they stop selling what they call 'live food'. Beyond cruel packaging, hearing crickets stacked on shelves, in tiny plastic compartment boxes, where they can't move. How long they are like this also doesn't bear thinking about. I'm distressed and upset that this is a cruel trade in the UK and did not expect to see this here. Please stop this now!

“Subscription ”

written by EugeneKenney19 on 29/12/2023

I have twice ordered from pets at home and was told item would arrive on a particular date. Also was told would receive an email to let me know when item was ready to pick up. Both times no email. First time had bought item from another store. Second time it was a subscription order that didn’t arrive on the correct date. Not much point having a subscription if it ldoesn’t arrive on time. As will have to buy another brand of food until it arrives. Very poor service.

“Worst dog groom ever!”

written by on 16/12/2023

Well, I’ve used the Groom room in Sutton Coldfield pets at home a number of times and always been pleased with results. How very different this time was, my dog come back looking like he did before we left, his paws looks like they had been trimmed by a 2 year old and the rest of him was untouched. The groomer called me at 3.56 for a 4pm appointment asking where we were, I said my husband is just walking into the shop. The groomer then went to say if his not on time I won’t be able to do a full groom only a bath and blow out as I’m going home at 5pm. How rude of her to call me before the appointment time threatening me on times when his appointment was at 4pm!! However my husband was there for the 4pm he said she was offish with him like we had tuned up late! She clearly wanted to go home and didn’t want to be at work was more interested in leaving. Worst groom he has had he looked untouched. I’d have refused to pay but my husband didn’t want the conflict, paid and left. I will never ever go back there. Absolutely furious at the sheer waste of time and money. I have booked elsewhere for another groom.

“Poor service ”

written by Goofyturkey on 08/12/2023

I have never left a review before but feel compelled to leave this as my experience today was so poor We have been going for years but today the dog came back with clumps of her under coat still present, smelt terrible and had not had the usual neck tie applied which all suggests a lack of care and attention. The staff were rude particularly the so called manager not even offering an apology. I complained to the main office and similarly offered no tangible resolution was offered. I have had to take her elsewhere to get a proper job done. I feel they just took the money and gave very poor service. Staff need to learn how to interact with customers.Will not use again

“My e-mail to pets at home management after what was...”

written by Tupper01 on 10/11/2023

My e-mail to pets at home management after what was blatant abuse of a dog. "Good morning, on the day of the so-called groom, there was not enough time for your so called groomers to carry out as you maintain 'a full wash and blow dry, they did NOT and I'll repeat DID NOT carry out a groom of any kind on my dog so where you get your information from I have no idea, I can only assume that this is a regular sham carried out by these two untrained and unsafe persons, I am prepared to attend any interview with yourself and the females concerned as the time between my leaving my dog at 13.10pm and then being told to collect him at 13.46pm was not long enough for any kind of "wash and brush up" to be performed, and that is what it was a blatant performance and cover up by Pets at Home Groom Room staff. I have spoken to other dog owners on this matter and the overall picture seems to be that Groom Room staff are inadequate to say the least so you tricked me out of £33 for your staff doing nothing. I will be seeking advice to get my money back."

“Delivery service completely unreliable ”

written by Lewis-Alt444 on 16/07/2023

Delivery service completely unreliable. Customer service appalling.

Asked by yvonnemargaret on 29th June 2017 Report this content
Why is it impossible to set up a VIP card?  My local branch has tried 3 times to no avail, I have tried twice each time told it's been successful and I will receive an email within 24 hours those 24 hours have come and gone but no email, I don't believe there is such a thing as VIP - has anyone else had this experience?

Asked by fibilove20 on 12th November 2016 Report this content
I don't know where to do a check up on my cockatiel and treatment. Can anyone make any suggestions of any places?

Asked by farihah2000 on 19th July 2015 Report this content
What are the 2 different methods they use to meet customer needs?

Asked by Lisa1969 on 5th April 2014 Report this content
Have booked my dog in for a bath and groom at a new pets at home near us ,have had loads of negative comments about them, staff not experienced enough, quite a few saying they had cut the dogs nails far to shirt and led to bleeding severely and infection? Can anyone help?

Answers (4)
Report this content rebeccap09 Written on: 07/04/2014
don't use them!
Report this content DebbieStar Written on: 07/04/2014
I would NOT go to a Groom Room at Pets at Home ever again. They have recently floated and changed managment resulting in extremely poor service, they also take great delight in charging you £5 for every 5 minutes you are late to collect your dog (!) and the staff as you say are certainly not experienced enough. Even though I pay for my dogs nails to be cut they never do it, this is because they simply don't want to but they still take your money. If you raise any questions about their service they do not care as they would simply rather lose you as a customer. I don't have the convenience of popping over the road from where I work now but have come to the conclusion it is better to pay a local small business service anyway seeing as the Groom Room has to be the most expensive dog grooming service.
Report this content kittykat602 Written on: 08/04/2014
i always used the pets at home near me never again my adopted animal from them was checked by a vet from there and was fine until few days later was eating way too much and not going toilet it had an infection they didnt tell me about took him back and they re sold him and gave me a new one. as for the groom centre they over charged me for a simple cats nail cutting and they cut her nailos too far down they split and are extremely fragile had to take her to vet and she still hasnt got proper nails back have to keep treating them daily. was told by the vet they shouldn't of cut past the pink of the nail whereas they did iwoulnt use again.
Report this content fibilove20 Written on: 12/11/2016
Maybe go to the RSPCA my friend said it's for free