Pets at Home Reviews - www.petsathome.com

Pets at Home www.petsathome.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pets at Home www.petsathome.com

Pets at Home www.petsathome.com

“Dogs food”

Written on: 29/08/2022 by kwPadilla450 (1 review written)

I would like to say the salesman who works in edge lane retail is absolutely brilliant he really helped us yesterday regarding our dog who had an allergic reaction to her food he really helped us pick a new food for her he was brilliant went out of his way to help us,always in pets at home they are always friendly and helpful but he went out of his way yesterday

“Extortionate prices for a very average service. ”

Written on: 15/08/2022 by RoyBeno (1 review written)

Extortionate prices for a very average service. My not so great experience entailed a store visit with my dog for a grooming. Besides it being an eye watering £42, the sleep around his rues was left on which is quite unacceptable. Emails were traded and lip service paid by PAH so not surprisingly, that’s led me here. Customer Service doesn’t really offer any resolutions other than mealy mouthed apologies. Be careful if you are using for the two reasons I’ve listed above.

“Terrible ”

Written on: 03/08/2022 by wpGreer228 (1 review written)

My girl was groomed at pets at home taunton £45 and was terrible, she has chunks of hair all over ,ears not done ,feet not done ,disgusting, had to pay to have her dine somewhere else ,never would I recommend them to anyone.

“Groom room”

Written on: 11/07/2022 by Shepherdmv444 (1 review written)

I took my dog for a bath,brush and blowdry a couple weeks ago. I instantly saw that he looked exactly the same before he went in. He definitely wasn't brushed at all i do a better job at home. He didn’t look clean and fluffy like he usually does when i wash him at home. I wouldn’t take him back there unfortunately:/ I don’t feel like they do a very good job i wonder if they had even washed him :/ or i just paid for nothing.

“Irratic and unreliable”

Written on: 02/07/2022 by Youthfulmaturitygooglemailcom (2 reviews written)

I've been recieving pets at home subscribe and save dry and wet dog food for some time. They use one of their "trusted" delivery partners to deliver orders. However the dry bags often have holes in them and the boxes are usually heavily taped and broken with numerous dented tins. I had overlooked this I assumed it was in delivery that these issues occurred. Recently I had to change flavour of dry food, pets at home cancelled my subscription with no notice and it would not allow me to update it on the website...I had to start new orders all over again. 9 days ago I attempted to order some live bugs for my bearded dragon, the first time I had tried this. I placed the order and got a confirmation email from let's a home with a " track you order" link. This link showed me the estimated delivery was the 01st July and that I would receive and email from their "trusted"delivery partner to confirm. I did not recieve an email and I waited and waited. Today I have tried to use the email and website to get help. Initially I spoke to a man on the phone, he took a while but said he couldn't help.and that I needed to call a number to speak to someone. He gave me a number....an automated line redirecting you back tot the website and then hanging up....SUPER USEFUL GUYS THANKS. I then decided to try online chat. This man casually informs me it has been "lost" would I like a replacement or refund. However if I want a replacement it will take 7 days!?....My bearded dragon has waited long enough I think. Apparently that's their system and there's nothing more they can do....excellent, for someone who is disabled and cannot get to the shops whilst their housemate is on holiday for 2 weeks. THANKS PETS AT HOME... Are you really putting pets first? I find this service I have been recieving so unacceptable I will also be cancelling my monthly subscriptions for flea treatments, dry food and wet food for my dog....he deserves better than what Pets at Home are providing. (Order number) 91040981 This is real order/delivery and based on my actual service and experience. I'm sure they will respond making it seem like they are somehow not to blame but don't be fooled...they just want your cash.

“Excellent helpful service”

Written on: 31/03/2022 by DaisyEaton (1 review written)

I visited your branch in Byfleet twice this week. The young ladies were extremely helpful but not pushy. I purchased a giant dog crate, dog food etc. Having just purchased a Puppy I very much look forward to shopping there again! There was plenty to choose from in dog food, collars leads & harnesses. I was able to browse at my leisure but the help and excellent advice was there when I needed it. I shall certainly recommend this branch to my many dog owning friends.

“hacked account blamed PayPal. 400 spent, changed...”

Written on: 16/03/2022 by ColtonBoyd (1 review written)

Avoid this company at all costs . no customer services! My pets at home account has been hacked because of a data breach on your site At 2am. At 2:26 ths morning 400 pounds was taken from my PayPal account You've allowed a data breach which has exposed my password From this a random person has added a brand new name and address to my pets at home account ( Without you email me to check that was OK) changed my password and bought 400 pounds worth of sodding cat flaps You have absolutely no telephone support you don't answer your emails your the worst company of ever come across in regard to fraud prevention I cannot cancel the order which is absolutely bloody ridiculous I have gone into my pets at home account and I have taken off all of my payment details and remove ld this woman's details who I do not know and have nothing to do with you have absolutely no right to use PayPal as a normal payment when I've only got repeat bill set up for low value flea subscription You have broken the terms and conditions if the repeat billing So therefore I am now 400 pound down i cannot cancel order on my account.. Which I have now secured with a fresh password because you don't allow it! ridiculous this is horrendous and you don't take phone calls anymore either. To say I am furious is an understatement please everybody avoid this company this is the 2nd data breach I've had on their site however the last time Google quickly notified me because this time was in the middle of the night I was not notified in time. I have 2 factor authentication set up on my PayPal for every payment. so this should never have happened Somehow pets at home have breached this by allowing someone to spend 400 pounds and subscribe to cat flaps who subscribes to cat flaps your subscription service is meant for fleas food etc. you've broken the terms of my agreement so I will be looking to take this further no one will contact me no 1 is replying to my emails no phone calls you take you close your phone lines absolutely the worst company avoid avoid avoid

“Fantastic deshedder tool”

Written on: 24/02/2022 by Rw26 (1 review written)

After going out of my mind with excessive fur, I was recommended the small furminator for my Jack Russell 6 months old dog. The best thing I have ever bought wish i knew about it earlier.

[email protected] ignorant incompetent ”

Written on: 15/02/2022 by BadExperienveReviewed (1 review written)

Tamworth Branch staff member did not know basic information regards the animals natural environment and when she was corrected and advised to look on the internet she not only took offence she denied a sale so my child was left feeling punished by this person. Now Pets at home retain your information upon purchase VIP it's referred to. Weeks prior x2 cages x2 hamsters had been purchased but one hamster had a common bowel issue promoting its death so I had phoned earlier and spoke to manager who advised me what replacements were in store. So you have a 5+6yr old visit a pet store and a hamster chosen. She said I want to see a picture of the cage your going to home it in. She was told I do not have a photo but if it's store policy then you can check a sale of said item on records your stores hold. I asked her why did she not ask the customer she served prior to myself with two male guineapigs to see a photo of their cage and why did you not mention to the customer male guineapigs may fight as they age. I was told that sale was not my concern and I was refused a sale. I asked to speak to store manager Rebella who herself was of no assistance other than providing me an email to make a complaint. As I was polite and correct I was forthright and frustrated this store was unprofessional and my opinion was stick to selling pet food as your unqualified with livestock

“Blackheath the groom room cavalier King Charles spaniel ”

Written on: 06/02/2022 by jeDonovan346 (1 review written)

Just picked up my 1 year old CKCS from having bath and full groom costing £45 and I was shocked her hair looked like someone had hacked away with pair of scissors. All her back was at different lengths making it stick up in lumps and where they trimmed elbows well hacked is the only word to describe it!! They told me to pick her up in one hour from dropping her off which I questioned as far too quick to properly cut wash and dry a cavalier’s hair. Word of warning do not take your cavaliers to this grooming room find a qualified dog parlour who charges the same money but actually holds a certificate not two young ladies who haven’t got a clue. Very disappointed indeed.

“Avoid”

Written on: 28/12/2021 by 162Daniel (1 review written)

Avoid this company at all costs! As a previous employee for more than three years I can speak from experience and say this company is shocking, pets are nothing but an after thought and DO NOT COME BEFORE PROFIT. Staff are promoted not on merit but who they are brown nosing within the company at the time. The groom room at Redditch is a death trap for dogs (unless you don’t mind poor cleaning) your dog being forcefully handled round the throat or almost set in fire. Management are useless and refuse to act on such concerns, instead tell you “to stop moaning”. You will be forced to work long hours, despite your contract stating part time, should you refuse or are unable to work additional hours then your life will be made hell, you are not aloud an opinion and if you do raise concerns it will simply go no where, why? Because management are too busy sleeping with other or doing all they can to hide the issues raised.

“Guildford store to be avoided ”

Written on: 24/11/2021 by Gary27Nov (1 review written)

The groom room are butchers . Please don’t take your pet there. The customer service is disgraceful. Incompetent , vile people. Don’t trust them with your pets. Damion the store manage need retained or demoted. Please avoid this store at all costs.

“Very helpful staff”

Written on: 20/11/2021

Went to the Bedford store today to get some puppy and dog treats, very helpful and friendly staff

“Worst store ever - GUILDFORD ...”

Written on: 16/11/2021 by Waylon262 (1 review written)

Honestly what a load of crap!!! Been in customer service all my work career and now an area manager for a company … SHAME ON YOU for the worst customer service experience ever at the Guildford store ! I hope pets at home CEO and management see this review and bing this to your attention, as you have embarrassed and truly disappointed Pets at Home ! My time and experience at pets at home as always been pleasant and welcoming at multiple store i visit and do my day to day business over many years… BUT you as a store manager and dog groomer have really put the company and service to a very low point in the 30min i spent at your store and with you ! Honestly as an area manager, i would of sent you both out the door and never let you work for Pets at home again… but right now good luck to pets at home ! I hope they get both of you back into your training and development skills with customer and company policy. Always got amazing service from other stores and for your record after leaving your store very angry, frustrated, annoyed, disappointed (the list can go on)… i went into another store and made the same £87 purchase… but yet THEY was able to serve and sell me what i needed, asking the CORRECT questions and understanding my needs ! Shame on you truly a failure and disappointed to the Guildford pets and home store. ANY top managers or CEO who want to contact me back after reading and seeing this, feel free to do so. I be more than happy to help … (I’m sure you will take action for your best interest)

“Amazing customer service !!! ”

Written on: 12/11/2021 by Mummaged (1 review written)

Was taking my dog to the vets this morning in your Huntingdon store. Struggled to get a muzzle on my very frightened & angry dog . However the person I dealt with went above and behind his role and helped us find the correct size muzzle & helped us twice put a muzzle on our dog who by then was very angry but he wasn’t bothered he was amazing ! Without his help my dog wouldn’t of had his crucial blood tests . Couldn’t thank him enough for his help & patience, you are lucky to have him working at your store !!!

“Charges you even if they make mistakes!”

Written on: 23/09/2021 by ygMorales335 (1 review written)

Petsathome Bishopbriggs Well, be there 10 days ago due the kitten was sneezing, dropping eyes and coughing, been told the cat was good and the vet against the medication, cool, been charged 37 £ for consultation.. Today, been there again for the vaccination but the vet suggested the cat needs antibiotics, so no vaccination and been told i would be changed only for antibiotics. Well, the secretary charged me for antibiotics and consultantion(and this time was 38£+ medications). When i was asking to see the vet for clarifying why she said something different before, she just send the secretary again to repeat the everytime you have to pay the consultantion...but it wasn't planned today. Won't go there anymore and will do the treatment somewhere else.

“Terrible Customer Service at Pets at Home Corstorphine”

Written on: 18/07/2021 by doripanda (1 review written)

My partner and I had an awful experience at the Groom Room, Corstorphine. We left our Frenchbull dog of 7 months in their care for a bath, brush and blow dry and within 5 minutes of having left our pup one of the groomers approached us at the cash desk where we were buying pets at home products stating your dog has just bit me and that we will need to stop the session. This was quite shocking but almost embarassing for both of us as we were speaking at the checkout with the cashier and there was a line of people behind us. Could this not have waited until we had been given our products and we could have been taken aside. This felt insensitive given it is quite upsetting to hear your dog has bit someone. We then arrived at the groom room to see that our Frenchie had a neck towel on and the groomers exclaimed they could not remove it. My partner then had to intervene and encouraged our Frenchie to sit removing it within seconds. We were then asked as a first question is your dog a rescue? Before then being asked is she aggressive towards other people? This for both of us was very strange, as we would always be willing to address any behavioural concerns, however to date we have never had an incident of this nature. We both found it very rude however to be greeted with a first question is your dog a rescue? This is discriminative towards those that may have a rescue and a very strange place to start a conversation. We also find it odd that there was no talk of even continuing the session with a bath and taking small steps over a period of time to ensure our pup became more comfortable in their presence and could eventually commit to a full groom. For us it felt very quickly like the staff had cast a judgement on our pup for being aggressive and had not considered how they as a service could work with her moving forward or how even their own approach could have led her to be agitated. Both groomers were also very cold and almost annoyed after our pup had reacted the way she did. I can't imagine our pup is the only dog to have reacted in this manner at Corstorphine. I have read online of several pups reacting in this manner particularly when it is their first experience. I think for any pup being touched and groomed by strangers must be both intimidating and traumatic and different dogs will handle this differently. For me this encounter indicated a naivety and lack of understanding around dog temperaments and behaviours. I for one will not be using the Groom Room Corstorphine again but I do think for the benefits of others that use this service, the staff team should invest in further training around labelling, staff attitude and practicing with dogs that may present with challenging behaviours.

“Disgusting”

Written on: 16/07/2021 by 136Ruiz (1 review written)

My friend gave up 2 rats for adoption, both with skin conditions and disclosed all their issues. One being the food they didn't eat and one being the bedding their allergic to. Myself and my boyfriend decided to adopt them upon realising one of the rats still had their skin condition but at the time of adoption we were told she was healed. They had also been placed on food that they didn't like and one of them had lost a lot of weight. They were also on bedding they were allergic to. Absolutely disgusted with how poorly the rats were taken care of and how they spoke about our friend.

“Hypocritical fox hunters”

Written on: 09/07/2021 by Dazza67890 (1 review written)

Don't spend your hard earned cash here. Donate to worthy causes direct their stores support fox hunting and wildlife hunting.if you don't Believe me check out facebook. I won't shop at any of their stores anymore

“Unreliable service, unprofessional staff”

Written on: 28/06/2021 by MarcusWri (1 review written)

3 bookings, 3 errors which resulted in wasted early work finishes and our dog not being groomed. Treated as though complaining about this in a normal civilised manner is abnormal. One store member burst into tears on the second occasion and when we complained after being let down a THIRD time we were told that in that previous incident my Wife was logged on their system as being ‘aggressive’. This is despite another staff member saying to us privately we had done nothing wrong and that the person was having a bad day for other reasons. We are all human and I am sympathetic to this but to log this in the manner they did shows a compete lack of both honesty and professionalism. Store Manager on the third incident seemed oblivious as to why we might not be happy that our booked appointment was not available and rudely stated we could go elsewhere. Appalling service and treatment of customers, clearly the training and staff support services of Pets At Home needs some attention.