Currys Reviews

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Summary

Currys is one of the big high street names when it comes to audio/visual equipment and computers. Have you shopped at Currys recently, why not tell other all about your experience and write a review!
Currys - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Currys

Currys
Currys

“beko Din28x20 Dishwasher 1 wash it STOPS & careplan is ”

Written on: 25/08/2022 by pabloisme (6 reviews written)

Currys in Cambridge UK bought a Beko dishwasher with (stupid me added "CARE"!) I & my wife late 70's & both in poor health! The machine did one wash! & Poorly! We called "care" in 7 days an expert turned up! From Beko Via Currys! Looked at it tested it "it's not working" needs a new PCB & I'll bring a pump! 7 days he came back, couldn't find where the PCB went took off all the panels, finally it was found underneath! Broke the PCB fixings and failed to fix the water pump 2 hours he went still not fixed! BUT as he stripped off every thing it was obvious the 2 "expert installers" fitted the door wrong ignoring the simple to use template with the sticky tabs & idiot instructions! They also didn't fit the legs, & the top machine tabs & screws! This is despite there being a 4 min video on Bekos web site showing how to do it by a young girl & a man! It's now nearly 13 weeks STILL nothing sorted! NOTHING! This is the 21st Century!! & I need a new washing up bowl! & remember Currys shunt you from a "press" a number roulette game to hang up! OR Go away people we have your cash! (I almost said they treated me like a shunt) Sad I worked once in retail! For the companies forerunner Dixon's! service then was quick & sorted! In Bond Street! Oh! I have the pictures & video! and a calendar! Come on Currys for god's sake help 2, 76 year olds! Your "care team" along with Beko have full details photos, of the damage cased by your installers who couldn't be bothered to spend the 4 mins on Bekos web site for instructions very simple! NEVER even read the install booklet, to fit the door! now damaged door. or the top fixing brackets, floor levelling feet as all the bits were left in a pile on the work top! they also left an "installation certification" for another person (same village though! different address & postcode!!) I think I covered most of the points till I was labelled as some sort of leper! (there is a leper church in Cambridge!)

“Currys, DO NOT buy from this company EVER!”

Written on: 05/11/2021 by TBre12 (1 review written)

I purchased white goods to the value of £1127 from Currys and received a £100 discount. To cut a long story short I returned a 50cm stand alone cooker as I realised it just didn’t look right. It’s value pre-discount was £299. I ordered a replacement at the same value, on a new order number, again from Currys. They picked up the first cooker at the same time they delivered the replacement. I then received an email telling me they were now ready to refund me £237 for the returned cooker. I called them immediately and after having waited nearly 45 minutes to speak to someone, after navigating the hardest option list I’ve ever come across. The agent explained that the reduction was for the cooker, and the other three items were affected as well. I explained that I’d spent the same amount as the initial order, admittedly over two order numbers and they should reinstate the lost amount. In the end after battering my head against a wall I told them I wanted to put in an official formal complaint. I Got a reference number and was told I’d hear the result in five days, nothing. I went on their webchat which is soul destroying, you wait an age for a simple reply. That agent told me I’d have to wait two weeks, not happy but I accepted it. That expired yesterday, nothing. I called this morning and spoke to an agent who basically told me you would never get a response, or a resolution, they just use complaints to improve their processes, unbelievable. For a company that I think we all perceive as a big company their customer care is absolutely shocking, as are their disinterested agents. They are without a doubt the worst company I’ve ever dealt with and I won’t spend a single penny with them in the future, as I would advise you to do. If there’s a problem you’re stuffed. Just look at the amount of poor reviews on this site alone. And the generic responses from them, only difference is the reviewers name, they can’t even be bothered to show an interest there. They do everything to put obstacles in your way, including being able to contact them, especially with a problem. I’m going on a mission to destroy as many potential orders for them as I can. I’ll make sure they regret robbing me of that £63. Look elsewhere for your “tech”. You’ll be glad you did, believe me. Can’t give zero stars which is truly what they deserve.

“Avoid if you want your custom valued...”

Written on: 14/09/2021 by KiannaHickey313 (1 review written)

Ordered a large appliance and added on the full works of delivery, installation and removal. Having already waited over two weeks for a delivery, on the day the delivery was cancelled with no notice. Excuses given and after three calls, was eventually rescheduled for yet another week later. Having raised this farce as a complaint during the first call, I was given a reference number and advised that I would be contacted but I'm still waiting... In my own follow-ups, I have been advised that the complaint has been closed and that feedback is only internal. What the point of that is, I have no idea. Every time I attempt to even get an apology for their despicable service, I am fed another pack of lies. They really couldn't care less and I see from other reviews that my experience is far from isolated.... Prices are not that competive and from subsequent experience, you don't get this sort of behaviour from AO.com. Have now reported them to Trading Standards.

“WM6621 Tilt 32-90” TV Bracket”

Written on: 01/09/2021 by ianfshaw (1 review written)

I asked the staff if this would be ok for a 65" Samsung Neo Qled tv 2021. they said that they have had nobody come back to complain. Well, here it is. While the bracket is nice and the two wall plugs are great the two screws can be weak. They're a tight fit, and the first one I screw in sheared off just before it reached the bracket, this really miffed set me. I had to return the product and get a new one and had to drill 2 more holes in the wall, as the screw had seared off flush. This time, I used some vaseline on the screws, and they went in smooth and ok. Now to fit the bracket to the TV, problem number two showed up. The two different lengths of bolts for the Samsung tv were too long, miffed off again. I worked out that if I have the bracket in the tilted position I could fit the shorter bolts and the bigger spacers. Conclusion the TV is up on the wall. I've had to order some M8 20mm 125 pitch bolts if I want the tv to fit flush to the wall. Still to see if these fit.

“Expensive Samsung Active 2 Watch and Abysmal Response”

Written on: 27/01/2021 by exchefdiner7311 (11 reviews written)

Expensive Samsung Active 2 Watch bought for my Wife as a Christmas Present. Numerous faults all of which are commonly reported on numerous websites. These were not seen before purchase and I believed the glowing recommendations on Currys website of the watch. The watch was bought in advance of Christmas, but was not opened until Christmas Day. Currys are impossible to contact for an item purchased more than 30 days previously, so a Resolver Case has been started. - I informed Currys via Messenger of the Resolver Case, and was told that there is a four week delay in responding to these cases. - Regardless of Covid-19, that is simply unacceptable, particularly for an expensive item!

“Never Shop at Currys Horsham!”

Written on: 07/11/2020 by eeO'Reilly21 (1 review written)

Extortionate parking charge notice and threats from debt collectors after parking on the carpark outside Currys Horsham. I was a regular customer (white goods, TV, phones, speakers, chargers etc) but when I popped in during the summer I found a PCN on my windscreen when I returned to my car that had been put there 10 minutes after I'd parked! I took it into Currys to challenge it but they said it was nothing to do with them!! I returned by purchase immediately and I'm not going back. Currys have lost a loyal customer and I'm terrified about being taken to court

“Just didn't deliver”

Written on: 06/11/2020 by dvawat (2 reviews written)

I ordered a dishwasher to be delivered to a 1st Floor flat. It has been scheduled for delivery 3 times and aborted each time. First time the driver apparently just refused to carry it up the stairs. Second time he claimed no one was in which was not true. Third time they apparently forgot to load it onto the van. On none of these occasions did they bother to call me. Really poor service and an equally poor complaints process. There is no email to send a complaint to and there is a 1 hour wait on the phone. The 'webchat' is not working except for sales.

“ABYSMAL SERVICE, NEVER AGAIN”

Written on: 03/11/2020 by Fernandez203 (1 review written)

I ordered an item on the 23rd of October through the currys website using a gift card as part of the payment (£60 gift card), this order was then cancelled 5 days later with no warning as it was apparently out of stock the whole time and should have been delivered by this date according to the estimated dates. I was notified that the refund was confirmed on the 29th of October (9am), it has now been 5 days (excluding Sunday) since then and I have still not received my gift card refund. Customer services has been no help at all, I was originally informed by email that I can change the item to an alternative one but the employee on the helpline could only respond with ''sorry I cannot help you'' multiple times leaving my only form of help to twitter, a social media site. The customer service has been abysmal, considering it has now been 12 days since I first ordered and I still haven't received my full refund. Why the refund is posted is beyond me, especially as I used a digital gift card when purchasing the item but rest assured once this gift card has been spent it will be the last time I or anyone I know use currys to purchase anything. An absolute farce.

“Don't Give Curry's your Money!”

Written on: 09/09/2020 by Un-servicedcustomer (2 reviews written)

Don’t give Curry's your money! I tried to get a washing machine from a couple of my local branches – no stock! Finally went to their local clearance store, where they made me wait 8 days for a display model after misleading me on price and delivery charge. The insides of the washing machine they subsequently sent to my home fell out on my garden path, so had to be sent back. They have my money. I still have no washing machine and the - CEO Alexander Baldcock - refuses to answer my complaints.

“saga of hob and cooker”

Written on: 20/07/2020 by NixyWad (1 review written)

Sadly I would have given 0 stars if I could have done. I ordered a new gas hob and electric double oven to replace existing. On top of I paid £190 to have both fitted. Sadly the hob didn't fit, however they advised on which one would and i then spend 3hrs sorting out on the phone. The following week they arrived with new hob only to inform me that they couldn't fit with the newly fitted cooker!!!!! Not best pleased - then spent 3 hours in store storing out. Delivery number 3 - new hob wasn't the correct depth so again didn't fit. By this stage I was beyond annoyed. I certainly could not face more wasted time in store or on the phone - you cannot email so I wrote a letter - i'm still waiting for a response a week later. In the meantime I have gone to an independent store who came out to house so they could advise properly and I am now going with them. Oh and they have also informed me that the fitters from Currys have not fitted the cooker properly so I will now write again to Currys about that. I have so far ended up for 3.5 weeks with no hob and a poorly fitted cooker. Please pay that bit extra and go elsewhere. I suggest until they sort out their phone issues, give stores a priority line to contact and lastly employ competent fitters just don't go their

“CURRYS ARE AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!!”

Written on: 23/06/2020 by MICKHARPER70 (1 review written)

Currys are an absolute joke! My husbands new Macbook went wrong,and he spent something like 8 hours on the phone trying to book it in for repair.He spoke to several different people over 3 days,all of whom promised a call back,as their systems would not allow them to book a repair.None of them bothered to call back,which is why he spent so long on the phone. Eventually he recieved a text message with a collection date,and they did collect it as promised. Yesterday afternoon at 17.57,he had a message saying that they needed to order parts.2 minutes later he had a text to say that the laptop would be returned today between 9-1pm.At 10.23 this morning he had a text confirming that! Of course,nothing turned up,he tracked it on their website,to find it was still in the workshop!!.Currently waiting in another phone queue (so far another 45 mins),to try to find out what the hell is going on.We will never ever buy anything from Currys again,their customer services are just appalling!!!

“Refunds you must be joking”

Written on: 15/06/2020 by BathCustomer (1 review written)

Trying to return an unopened cable pack.No one answers the telephone , once Currys have your money you can forget a promised refund

“Signed me up for a careplan and then denied it”

Written on: 11/03/2020 by kerrylynnethompson (1 review written)

I bought a HP Desktop computer from Currys in April 2018. The very slick gent salesman in the store assured me that I was not liable for any other costs, they would give me a free careplan for a few months as a gesture of goodwill - I had bought a demo model computer off the shop floor. It turns out they had signed me up for a Careplan and had been continuously debiting my account. When I queried this, I was repeatedly fobbed off and told that my bank would have a signed copy of the direct debit agreement. The bank had no such thing. They explained that all Currys need is my acc number and sort code (they had taken my card only when the EFT transaction took place, right in front of me). The money is now back in my account, but I would warn everyone - either purchase goods in cash only, don't pay for anything by card!) I can't believe they had the audacity to, nor can I fathom how they managed to document my card details for the direct debit - I was with my husband when we purchased the item from the store and at no point did my card go with anyone - it was ONLY handed over to the gentleman who sat at a desk and took the card payment directly in front of me. I will still to either doing cash purchases or I'll shop elsewhere in future!

“Do not give your card details to Curry's, PC World or...”

Written on: 10/01/2020 by JMVH (1 review written)

Do not give your card details to Curry's, PC World or Dixon's Carphone Warehouse I bought a laptop for my daughter in 2014 from Curry's. I signed up for one year of knowhow cloud storage. I have just discovered they have used my card details to remove £40 per year from my account since the initial purchase. I have now contacted the knowhow team 8 times asking for the account to be closed and my card details to be removed from the system. To date they have refused to do this.

“poor service”

Written on: 10/09/2019 by Jett19 (1 review written)

LG TV Total Disappointment ordered a 70" tv in the Folkestone store by a really friendly sales rep. Was ordered and my date was chosen, I paid extra for time slot and on the day, I had no communication whatsoever so i called them. I then find out there was no delivery booked for this day even though my receipt clearly says so. The telephone sales person was very apologetic and couldn't get through to Folkestone via phones. I ended up cancelling the product and was very disappointed. Having looked at Curry's reviews, you can see their level of service is poor. I purchased my TV via Appliance Direct instead and just look at their reviews in comparison. I wished I did not bother with Currys as every time I purchase with them, there is an issue with either the service or staff. The way forward is to buy online and it will not be too soon before companies like currys with extremely poor ratings end up like BLOCKBUSTERS, extinct!

“ LOGIK LSBSX18 American-Style Fridge Freezer - Silver ”

Written on: 20/08/2019 by AleenaTaylor (1 review written)

This item delivered on Monday 12 Aug 2019 broke down 17th Aug 2019 have tried every method possible to get the unit exchanged by phone, branch visit, email. as of the 20th Aug I am exhausted. My experience of the Faulty products policy is a fairy tale. this company is in my considered opinion a box shifting operation. I will stick with John Lewis in future they love me.

“Shocking experience. Truly shocking and no remorse”

Written on: 01/03/2019 by DavidEastSussex (3 reviews written)

Shocking experience. I wouldn’t even give one star but that’s the minimum. Failed delivery to my mid 80’s mother in law of a TV we bought for her. She waited in 7 hours initially for a delivery that never showed. Not once did Currys/ Team Know How ring us to advise. When I rang the customer service number and eventually got through to the agent they couldn’t wait to get off the phone because it was by then 8 o’clock and she wanted to go home. The agent bad mouthed me to her line manager thinking I couldn’t hear and then the line manager refused to speak to me (so much for Manager support - you should be ashamed). They then booked me a new delivery at a time I had explicitly said I didn’t want the item (seriously who wants an all day Saturday slot?!). I asked for a call back at 9am by a manager - I got it at 5pm. This is aside from my mother in law missing a dinner engagement that evening and my wife and I missing the cinema as we sat on the phone. The second delivery today was also delivered four and a quarter hours late - again with no proactive contact from Team ‘Know How’. When I complained I was offered £40 as a gesture of good will. That’s £2.63 per hour we’ve waited - nice to see they place a high value on our time. The customer service manager thought this was fair. Really ? This is quite aside from the c. 2.5 hours we’ve additionally spent on the phone to them at our expense (heaven knows what that will cost !) and aside from the stress and inconvenience caused and sheer rudeness of their staff. I’m also going to have to waste another hour or so of my time putting this in writing to their customer services complaint email address this weekend. If this was regulated business they’d be bust. Customer service shocking. Delivery shocking. Whole customer ethos nowhere to be seen. Team ‘know How’ about what exactly ? Another shocking Currys experience.

“Waiting 6 weeeks for tv repair”

Written on: 04/12/2018 by pjhart1983 (1 review written)

Tv developed a fault while under warranty. Taken away for repair for the second time after 4 weeks and much time on hold to various call centres they agreed to send a replacement. That was 2 weeks ago. We have spent hours on hold only to be told repeatedly that someone would phone us back to arrange delivery - still nobody has. No response to emails or a letter. Original fault report 13th Oct "repaired" and returned 18th Oct Fault re-appeared, sent back for repair again 1st Nov Told fault not repairable and someone would ring to arrange replacement 22nd Nov No repair, no refund, no replacement, still waiting 4th Dec

“Very Poor customer service”

Written on: 30/11/2018 by michaelatkinson (1 review written)

I recieved some Currys Gift Cards from Work and also through rewards on a credit Card. I bought an ipad but Curry has a rule that you can only use up to 5 cards. I had 10 cards or various values. I had to buy the item with a top up of cash. I now have Curry Gift Cards left but I do not wish to buy other items. Currys would not let me use the Gift Cards on the purchase. My advise never buy gift cards always use cash with this company. Rang up customer service no help given only stating this is our rules on gift cards.

“No refund, two months after returning the product”

Written on: 05/11/2018 by andrewthayer (1 review written)

Two months after returning an item I have yet to receive a refund. In spite of using a digital only code purchased via Zeek, they sent a physical gift card to my old address (rather than that which I have been using for deliveries for the past year). Upon discovering the use of the incorrect address (which I had never consented to being used for mailing) I was told it could take up 28 days for a replacement. 28 days has passed (and more than two months since I returned the product) and there is still no refund. Completely appalling service.