Absolute Mortgage Company Reviews - www.absolutemortgageco.com

Media Gallery for Absolute Mortgage Company www.absolutemortgageco.com

Absolute Mortgage Company www.absolutemortgageco.com

“NEVER AGAIN”

Written on: 19/11/2019 by 147Haynes (1 review written)

I will not recommend Absolute Mortgage out of Charlotte, NC They barely answer the phone or emails and they had to cancel closing 4x which upset everyone involved. The person I dealt with was not honest about how our lot would be paid off as the first draw when she clearly knew how we were paying for the lot using our home. Then she said there would be no fees and there was and now we have questions about the insurance on the construction loan and the two ladies will NOT respond and it has been a week. We even got our attorney involved and they won't respond to her. I will never recommend them and I certainly will not refinance with them. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL not to respond and to constantly make excuses as to why things were not done as promised. They screwed up our closing paperwork Thank God our attorney is one of the bests around. Worst customer service and i do not see this business making it.

“ABSOLUTE WORST MORTGAGE COMPANY!!!”

Written on: 22/02/2017 by sethnason (1 review written)

Terrible, terrible, terrible. Over the past 10 years I've secured 12 loans, and this is my WORST experience yet. My wife and I own 4 properties with equity of over $500,000. We have over $100,000 in liquid cash, and we make over $250,000 a year. We went to Absolute Home Mortgage in Baltimore to get a small loan ($155,000) for a property as we are moving to Virginia. As we are not new with the process, we provided everything to the processor up front. We were approved, received a pre-approval letter, and moved forward with the process. My wife was switching jobs (working with a new firm in Virginia) and, as such, she provided her contract and a signed letter stating her start date. Over the next three weeks, the "underwriter" put the file on "hold" for multiple reasons. I provided every document they asked within hours of the request. My loan agent continued to give me excuses like "there is a storm in NY, so the underwriter isn't working today," or "we are looking for a investor for the loan." The excuses flowed on a daily basis, as did the requests for additional documentation. In the past, the underwriter reviewed the file, provided a list of outstanding requirements, which I would provide, and then approve the loan. A condition this "underwriter" had was for me to wire a round-about number to the escrow account without even getting final approval or Closing Disclosures. THIS IS NOT NORMAL PRACTICE!!! Finally, the written start date that my wife's employer provided was not enough, so they sought "verbal approval." This was two weeks after we were suppose to close (two extensions were granted)! They couldn't get through as my wife's boss was on leave and we had to cancel the loan and pay cash. Wasted my time, my wife's time, totally JV. If you are looking for a loan, DO NOT use these guys. ABSOLUTE WORST MORTGAGE COMPANY...EVER!

“Absolutely Not Ever!”

Written on: 23/10/2014 by syWare289 (1 review written)

I just want to say as the employer of the person getting the loan for a house, they called me multiple times asking if my employee was still actively employed. Even on the day the loan was to fund they called me again. I sent the same employment information to them three different times. These people are completely incompetent and will most certainly be black balled from doing business on Vashon Island if we have anything to do with it.

Flmortgageconsultant's Comment

Written on: 07/12/2015

Verification of employment is a necessity for each home loan that is insured through agency financing. Many programs require written verification of employment, as well as a verbal verification within 10 days of closing to ensure that the borrower's financial situation has not changed.

There are many times that people will switch jobs, quit jobs, or get fired during the loan process. The final verification is a very important part of the loan process.

I do apologize that the loan officer and your employee did not prepare you for this. Is is extremely common and is certainly not isolated to Absolute Home Mortgage Corp.

Read 1 Comment

“Great Service”

Written on: 08/10/2013 by superminh1 (1 review written)

Absolute Mortgage Company did an amazing job helping us throughout the whole process of purchasing our new home. We are first time homeowners and they lead us efficiently through the whole process. We would definitely recommend this company to all our family and friends.

“Denise saves the day”

Written on: 13/09/2013 by rdombi (1 review written)

After two attempts with local mortgage brokers failing to close before the rate lock expired I tried a internet broker. They completed the job in 28 days. It was a great experience they answered my calls and e-mails as fast as I could send them. Thank you all for such Great help, rate and service Sincerely, Rudolph Dombi

“What a pleasure”

Written on: 22/08/2013 by jemanuele (1 review written)

This was a no nonsense mortgage. A first for me. Usually it takes fifteen phone calls to get an answer. Not with Denise Monaco. She called before we had a question. She also made sure we comfortable every step of the way. If you want a no stress experience go with absolute mortgage. You guys rock Sincerely Dawn and Joe Emanuele

“Best Mortgage Broker -Alicia and Brad are fantastic”

Written on: 22/08/2013

I have worked with Absolute Mortgage several times for refinancing. Each time they worked very hard to take care of my application and gave me the the best deal possible. Whenever I ran into issues such as house appraisal or anthing else, they took those issues very seriously and worked with different parties until there was a solution. They are just fantastic!!! You know your deal is in good hands - rest assured! They are so very responsive - emails, phone calls etc. They almost always responded to my questions right away! I will definitely go to Absolute Mortgage again for furture deals.

“Fantastic Customer Service”

Written on: 21/08/2013 by RDerhammer (1 review written)

This was the easiest and quickest mortgage application ever! The advisor was answering my questions before I even asked. We were kept up to date on where we were in the process and how soon it would be ready. She was able to keep us on track even while we were out of town. We were given very detailed instructions on what paperwork was needed and how soon it was needed. She answered my many questions about the process extremely quickly and efficiently. I would highly recommend her and Absolute Mortgage to all my friends and family. They were very professional and exceeded my expectations.

“Awesome job”

Written on: 19/08/2013

Denise Monaco did an awesome job for us. We were the first loan to be processed with a new vendor. She worked tirelessly to shepherd our loan though the labyrinth called underwriters. She helped us to correct an error on our credit report that threatened derail the process. We are truly grateful for her hard work and cheerful demeanor. I give Absolute top marks.

“Fast, Efficient and on point”

Written on: 14/08/2013 by powercloser (1 review written)

First let me start off by saying that if every company did their job like this then there would never have to be a place for bad reviews. I am a businessman and know a thing or two about servicing my clients and Absolute Mortgage serviced my wife and I second to none. Our loan was closed in 3 weeks which is lightning speed in this environment. Denise Monaco was my underwriter and if you get a loan she is the one you want working it. Brad Miller the manager there originated my loan and comforted me with the fact that the loan would get done and he is a ultimate pro. Overall great operation and great people and I highly recommend them!

“Superior Service”

Written on: 14/08/2013 by absolutefan (1 review written)

I am writing a quick letter in appreciation of your processor. We have had loans processed in the past; one of which was with Absolute. She far surpassed any individual in the business that we have ever worked with. She went above and beyond in every sense of the word. One bump in the road that we hit was getting a copy of the child support agreement for my husband. This document was so old that it was housed at an off-site warehouse. There was no digital copy of the record. The seller was being quite difficult and making threats to pull out of the deal if we didn’t lock in our rate that day. It was going to take four days until they could get to the warehouse and access our document. She made a call to the Clerk of the Court and was able to convince them to drive to the off site location and dig up our document. WOW!!! This is only one example of how she has gone completely out of her way to provide us with superb service. It is difficult these days to get a loan processed. In times of stress, she always assured me that our best interests were her first priority and she has done a wonderful job meeting tight deadlines. I’m sure you already know what a valuable asset she is to your company, but I wanted to make sure she gets some special recognition for being “Absolutely AMAZING!!!” Sincerely, Kortney Z

“Did not close on time. Had to sue them to get my money...”

Written on: 17/05/2013 by MattCarter (1 review written)

Absolute Mortgage promised me that they'd be able to close within 32 days. I promptly provided them with every document they requested. Throughout the process, they ensured me that they were on track for an on-time closing. At 2 days before scheduled closing, they said that they'd have to delay closing by at least 2 weeks due to "high loan volume" and because "we had to protect against occupancy fraud". A delay of 2 weeks would have breached my sales contract. I found a different lender who closed in just 10 days, then successfully sued Absolute Mortgage in court for the difference in lender fees. My case was #GV13008133-00 in Fairfax County General District Small Claims Court in Virginia.

“Worst Service Ever”

Written on: 06/03/2013

I would strong suggest that anyone considering Absolute should review the posts here and at the BBB. I will not go through my situation in detail but one star rating may be too high. If you have a lot of extra time and enjoy poor service and overpaying, than possibly consider Absolute, otherwise, go anywhere else and you will be better off.

“EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Written on: 22/02/2013

We started the process of trying to refinance our home with Absolute Mortgage in mid-December 2012 and by February 20 we were through with them. We have stellar credit, no debt and have been in our home for over 15 years. As most of the other reviews state, Absolute Mortgage will not return calls except initially when you are reeled in with their offers of low rates (in our case it was 3.125% and no points). We locked-in the rate for 30 days which then expired. We were then told that we would have to pay $715 to extend the lock-in rate another 30 days which also came and went (and we never got written confirmation of that extension). We also paid $475 for an appraisal and are now having a hard time getting a copy of that appraisal (2 requests have been sent - the second one was sent with delivery confirmation). Throughout the initial process of Absolute asking for documents we repeatedly had to fax the same documents to them several times. Finally the person we were dealing with for 2 months all of a sudden was no longer working for Absolute (we got a bounced-back email from that person's email address at Absolute), and when we contacted the supervisor we were told that our application was still with the underwriter and that they were going to check on the status and get back to us right away. That was 10 days ago and after leaving several unanswered messages with Absolute, and also after reading the reviews on this site we decided to cut our losses and not waste any more of our time. We have been through several re-fi's in the past 15 years and not one took more than 30 days. In just the past 2 days we are halfway through the process with another company (AIMloan.com) and have locked in another low rate with no points. We used AIM once before several years ago and they worked well for us. So far they are proving once again to be VERY responsive to emails and phone calls. I highly recommend AIM. Steer clear of Absolute Mortgage because they have terrible customer service - they have NO customer service. At this point in time it's hard to even imagine someone actually going all the way through a re-fi process with Absolute since it seems like their game is to get people tangled up in the paperwork process and then wait for rates to go up so they can make money by charging extension fees.

“Never returns my call”

Written on: 20/02/2013

So my mortgage eventually close but my experience with this company was very poor. I could not get[name removed] to return ANY phone calls and even a call to her supervisor went unanswered. Repeatedly I asked them to lower my loan amount as they had it too high. They completely ignored me and when I went to the closing table I ended up with a check I didn't want. Closing was delayed 3 times due to poor planning on their part. Finally when I got to closing they had left my husband off all the documents. The lawyer was extremely frustrated as they had informed Absolute that he was on title. Yes their rates are good but they are not dependable.

“Stay away from Absolute Mortgage!”

Written on: 20/02/2013 by Agervaise (1 review written)

I have been dealing with Absolute Mortgage Company on a refi of my condo since August 2012 (6 months!) and it has been nothing but a series of broken promises, delays, changes in requirements and I place most of the blame on my loan processor's incompetence and his poor understanding of my property location and the lender's requirements. My LP (loan processor) selected a lender in August, and after I paid for the appraisal, a 3 month long battle ensued with the lender who had all sorts of absurd requests, many of which involved my condo association and all of which were satisfied with documentation. The requests continued on and on until in Nov 2012 my LP finally said let's select move on to another lender, one with which the LP assured me he had great experience with and would be no more than a 2 or 3 week process to close. Of course another appraisal and fee was required, but I was promised a refund of 1 appraisal fee at closing. Foolishly I was convinced Absolute would come through the second time (shame on me). They charged my credit card for the second appraisal without my authorization to which I wasn't aware until I noticed the charge on my bill (they just used CC info collected from first appraisal). And so the antics continued from November to February 2013 with the second lender, no better than the first. In January they required I pick up flood insurance and pay for it up front. Finally in Feb I was presented with Final Figures form for closing, and the numbers were nowhere near what was shown on the "Good Faith" Estimate that I received in December! In fact over $5,000 worth of credits had been slashed off the figures. The deal is so much worse now that it is no longer financially beneficial to go through with. So here I am 6 months later, mentally exhausted, $800 lost to appraisal fees, $1,300 in flood insurance costs which I will need to file for cancellation and refund, and watching my refi which was originally locked at an excellent rate to go completely down the tubes. Take my advice, STAY AWAY FROM ABSOLUTE MORTGAGE!

“Very frustrated by this company”

Written on: 19/02/2013 by Worriedalot (1 review written)

We've gone through all the paperwork, paid for the appraisal, but are unable to get any information regarding the staus etc of our loan. Emails, voice mails etc go unanswered. Worst company I have ever dealt with. I'm not sure what we are going to be able to do after reading comments from others on this site about them.

“Stay away: Low cost no service no response company”

Written on: 15/02/2013

These guys will quickly call you back when you enquire about at loan but that is the end of it. they will not respond to emails, not answer the telephone and not address any questions/concerns. Absolute wasted 2 months of my time, never finished the process and simply stopped responding. To get these guys on the telphone you need to trick them into thinking you are interested in a new loan. If you call on the status of your existing application they simply will not respond. Low rates but no service and no communication equals no loan. Just not worth it.

“Absolutely worst company to get a mortgage from”

Written on: 02/02/2013

Low rates and low fees on their web site are just baits to hook you up. Once you submit your application, you will never hear from them again for a long long time, long after the rate lock expires. No response to any voice messages or emails. I called and left messages for status of my mortgage application every day for nearly three weeks before and after the 30-day lock. Nobody responded. After nearly three months, they came back saying the loan was approved and had to be closed within two working days. In addition, they demanded additional charges (0.25% of the loan for every 15-day after the 30-day rate lock period). No wonder there was no response within the first 30 days, and it took as long as 3 months to hear from them. In the past 15 years, I financed/refinanced with more than 10 mortgage brokers. Absolute Mortgage Company is absolutely the worst. If you need to close a purchase with a deadline, stay away from them. There is no chance you can close with them within any reasonable time frame. Don't be fooled by the low rate they promise to you. Rest assured that you will not be able to get it unless you pay a lot of add-on fees. You will be wasting so much of your time and opportunities dealing with this company.

Tcoursey's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2013

10 different brokers in the last 15 years. I can see where the problem lies...

Read 1 Comment

“A word of advice Stay away from these people.”

Written on: 30/01/2013

Having refinanced different loans with five different mortgage companies in the space of several years this Lot has to be the worst The person that opened the loans for me was very good took my calls and seemed genuinely concerned with the lack of progress. The person who seemed to be the problem was the processor she Emails you once and explains that she prefers you to contact her by Email, does not take phone calls and will only respond to you when SHE wants to bestow some of her omnipotence upon you. This Company and this Processor in particular needs to understand that this process is collaborative thats where her job title came from, but I do not think she understands there is just no interaction not professional at all do not waste you time.