DFS Reviews - www.dfs.co.uk

Media Gallery for DFS - www.dfs.co.uk

DFS - www.dfs.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Poor service from delivery man”

Written on: 02/10/2017 by Djemes111 (1 review written)

I ordered king size bed and mattress from dfs and i got i call saying your item is arrived and will be delivered to your house.i paid for delivery and assembling the bed.delivery person should be aware about it but he didnt know that he was about to left my house without assembling it.i explain him and he assembled it.i was on my duty so my wife was there but she was little bit busy on her house work.delivery person said that everything is done and he left my house.after that my wife find out… Read Full Review

“Over Priced Glider Foot ”

Written on: 23/10/2016 by Ron54 (2 reviews written)

Bought a recliner two seat sofa and arm chair in leather which is fine but we were ripped off with their so called gliders for the feet costing £60 which are supposed to allow you to move the suite with one finger ( according to the salesman ) . When the delivery came i was expecting some sort of energy saving device but all the men did was to stick four 25mm plastic discs to the feet of which they had rolls of in the wagon. I have found the same thing at all the DIY stores for a fraction for… Read Full Review

“Loan furniture”

Written on: 24/08/2016 by Bellzv310 (1 review written)

Purchased a sofa that cost over £4000, received a phone call to say the sofa was being delivered on the Saturday so j arranged a disposal of my old sofas! On the Wednesday I received another phone call to say that the leather was delayed and it may be another 6 weeks!! This was after the store had confirmed a delivery slot! I complained and they arranged loan furniture to come to my property on that delivery slot! All good... Until a couple of weeks after when I realised that the furniture had… Read Full Review

“Customer service ”

Written on: 17/07/2016

On buying my perez corner sofa 3 years ago I thought the sales person was lovely, coffee on offer and couldn't do enough. I paid extra for firmer seat cushions and fabric care. On delivery 12 weeks later I was missing a footstool which I thought I had purchased. Rang up about it to be told I hadn't purchased a footstool. My invoice stated two pieces of furniture, which I presumed piece one was the sofa and piece two was the footstool. Thinking back to the day I purchased my sofa, the… Read Full Review

“New sofas”

Written on: 01/05/2016 by Malloyky390 (1 review written)

The order process in the MK showroom was simple and efficient. We were told it would take 3 weeks to make our sofas. It duly arrived after 3 weeks and the sofas were fine. The whole experience however was spoiled by the rude and unprofessional delivery men. First they dragged the sofa over our threshold smashing the bottom draft excluder. Then I requested that they remove their shoes before they walked in over our cream carpet. I was supprised that they did not carry those plastic shoe… Read Full Review

“sneaky saleman”

Written on: 06/03/2015

I have bought my suite but it won't be delivered for another few months. My complaint is about their salesman. He was extremely nice, offered my friend and I a wee cuppa and we had a great wee banter for 30 minutes or so and then down to business. I wanted a 2 seater amd a 3 seater. I decided I wanted the better quality of leather which added an immediate £200 on to the sale. He then proceeded to tell me I could take the interest free. I asked him to work it out and he told me a monthly amount… Read Full Review

“Misleading sales pitch”

Written on: 12/02/2015 by petalpower29 (1 review written)

Purchased a new 3 seater + cuddler sofa. Here's my experience: When visiting the store to try-before-you-buy, we couldn't have been made more welcome. Cuppa tea and everything - big thumbs up. When sofa decision made, I think the salesman explained everything, but he did just real it off rather quickly, it might have been just as effective to be listening to a pre-recorded message on fastplay speed - I don't recall much of what he said! But all those details about looking after the sofa and… Read Full Review

“Awful delivery .”

Written on: 12/11/2014 by chenies (1 review written)

After taking delivery of 2 very nice sofas and being delighted , I am sorry to say the service received after ordering a kitchen table and chairs was very poor. After waiting over 8 weeks for delivery the table is sent to a courier who arranges the delivery direct. DFS say they don't get involved !! The courier gave me 48 notice of delivery and as I was away from the property couldn't make that date. The courier didn't know when he would be in the area again and each time I phoned DFS they… Read Full Review

“Be aware online pictures of the Pavilion recliner...”

Written on: 29/10/2014 by dunning26 (1 review written)

We bought a Sofa bed, electric recliner and a foot stool. The sofa bed and stool where fine, but we had a design query on the recliner,unfortunately we were unable to test out the recliner in the store as it was not available, but was shown the item on line. When the chair was delivered the folding out leg rest has a centre piece which does not lay flush and does not support any part of the leg. We requested a home visit to get an explanation as to why this was the case. We where told that it… Read Full Review

“DFS Wade Sofas - Rejected Under 'Sale Of Goods Act'”

Written on: 30/08/2014 by Jonathan-london (1 review written)

Purchased 2 x Wade Leather Sofas earlier this year from DFS (lrg & Med).. the 'Old Kent Road' shop salesman was superb and so very helpful, the delivery was ontime and by perfect delivery men, so far so good I though!... I had choosen this range for it's smaller overall size compared to the other sofas on 'Steroids' at the store.. Following the sofas delivery, I sat on the large sofa later that night, after a couple of hours I began to tilt!..literally Sink on one side!! over the next few… Read Full Review

“Great service, poor quality! !”

Written on: 25/08/2014 by sezmez83 (1 review written)

Moved into a new house and ordered the Charcoal Cuddler Sofa and 3 seater lounger from the Escape range online after seeing it in a store. Beautiful sofa and absolutely fantastic service. Unfortunately already before our second payment has been made it looks scruffy. The chair cushions look a little matted and out of shape. Am very disappointed as it also came with a pretty heafty pricetag and really did expect it too look nicer for alot longer :-(… Read Full Review

“Ordered and paid for a 2+1 settee 3weeksago was told...”

Written on: 17/08/2014 by Ortiz28 (1 review written)

Ordered and paid for a 2+1 settee 3weeksago was told order would take 10 to 12 weeks, through unforeseen circumstances not money, we asked if we could cancel and get our money back , we were informed that was only possible if some one else was buying similair, I stated that as only 2 weeks had passed that the manufacture had received order and they coul not stop it . I would not advice anyone to pay full amount up front , I wish I had read reviews before I entered their premises , does any… Read Full Review

“Happy about the quality not too happy about the service”

Written on: 23/05/2014 by Hayleyi346 (1 review written)

Issue 1: We bought a corner sofa and a coffee table and we were told we might get the table sooner as it would take less time to make it. The table arrived in 2 parts but the delivery men could not assemble it as the holes did not align. They took it back without saying what was going to happen next. I had to call the store and I was told they would order a replacement one and would be ready in 2-3 weeks. I called them on several occassions after 3 weeks and I was told they had not received the… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/05/2014

Hi

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have had with your sofa and the time taken for you to receive your table I hope your local store have been able to resolve those for you. If you need any further assistance in this matter please give us a call. Unfortunately review centre are not allowing us to post our telephone number for you to contact us. We are at present looking into this matter with Review centre to get it resolved.

If in the meantime you could contact your local store and ask for Head Office Customer Services telephone number and then give us a call we will be more than happy to help.

Claire
DFS Head Office, Customer Service Team.

Read 1 Comment

“Great service let down by delivery”

Written on: 27/04/2014 by Annabellal67 (1 review written)

Recently bought the Colby 3 & 2 seaters from the Metro Centre store. It has only taken around 4 weeks for my delivery to arrive which is fantastic however i was told that my delivery would arrive a week ago so got rid of my old suite then at the last minute the store contacted me to say the supplier had put the delivery back by a week which meant my family and i were left sitting on the floor. Also the store told me that i would be given a 3 hour delivery slot by text the night before it was… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/04/2014

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review I am sorry to hear you have had an issue with the delivery arrangements of your furniture but please be assured I will follow up your issue with the Store you purchased your furniture from.

“Dire Falsehoods by Dfs”

Written on: 27/03/2014 by Evangeliney210 (1 review written)

I was advised that British Heart Foundation would accept old suite.They wouldn't. Also told my 5 year protection plan would cover any damage by my parrot. Needless to say it suddenly does not… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/03/2014

Hi it's Lauren at DFS,

I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the advise that you have been given.

If you would like to give me a call at Head Office and I will happily look into this for you.

Head Office Customer Services

Unusedtocarping's Comment

Written on: 29/03/2014

How does one contact you?

Hi there,

If you could possibly send an email to us with your contact details and we will happily give you a call.

Please write 'REVIEW CENTRE' in the subject line along with your username.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

DFS Head Office Customer Services

Read 3 Comments

“Customer services”

Written on: 20/03/2014 by smashes1966 (1 review written)

Have just taken delivery of the Blanche corner sofa and a chair " delivery excellent " it taken just over 3 weeks from ordering to delivery do not know if this is good or bad on quality time will tell. On to the main point had a problem after delivery noticed that the furniture was to have a cream piping but it was all the same color mocha so i checked my sales contract which states piping :-cream , I then went online to dfs site were you can talk to an adviser about your order, when he… Read Full Review

Dfscustomerservices's Response to smashes1966's Review

Written on: 25/03/2014

Hi

I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the furniture you have received from us, I hope this issue has now been resolved. But if you would like anymore help please feel free to give us a call at Head Office where we will be more than happy to help.

Written on: 26/03/2014

issue has not been resolved, what number do I call to speak to you

Dfscustomerservices's reply to Smashes1966's Comment

Written on: 28/03/2014

Hi

Could you please give me a call at Head Office Customer Services.

Dfscustomerservices's reply to Dfscustomerservices's Comment

Hi

If you could call the store you purchased your sofa from and ask for the head office customer services number.

Unfortunately Review centre will not allow us to post telephone numbers on here, we are at present looking into this with review centre for a solution.

Please don't hesitate to call us so we can look into your issue further

Nicola
DFS Head Office Customer Services

Dfscustomerservices's reply to Smashes1966's Comment

Hi there,

Please write 'REVIEW CENTRE' in the subject line along with your username.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

DFS Customer Services

Written on: 31/03/2014

Have done this today 31/03/14

Written on: 26/04/2014

Thanks for contacting me about problem however since that call and being told that you would look into it i have not heard from you since it is now nearly 3 weeks would like an update

Read 7 Comments

“Okay but be aware of little tricks”

Written on: 28/12/2013

I had quick service with DFS in purchasing my Boom corner sofa yesterday, but I thought I should mention that my £699 sale sofa, to have the sofa at that price they fill the cushions with cotton wool and according to the salesman they will go flat very quickly-no good to anyone. So you can have it filled with foam for an extra £100. I just thought it a little bit sneaky thats all. Otherwise, ok… Read Full Review

Pissedofcustomer's Comment

Written on: 03/01/2014

Is that not a fire hazard ???? and should it not be filled with cotton wool !! I would never accept that ...

Read 1 Comment

“Modular sofa do not match!”

Written on: 04/06/2013 by FChung (1 review written)

June 2013 We bought the Swift cornor sofa with a chaise on the left side with two seperate recliner as well as fixed cornor and single seat.I really liked the sofa at the Dundee store, Scotland, impressed with size and the choice of different configuration of the sections or modular as DFS called it. The saleman was very polite and we even bought the 5 year protection. Delivery men were also very efficient. The sofa however was very disappointing, the modular sofa did not match, infact in some… Read Full Review

“Good quality furniture shame about the after sales...”

Written on: 05/05/2013

I was completely happy with the salesman, and the whole experience. The furniture when it arrived was beautiful. Great quality. However, I had a query about the height of the sofa and chair legs. I am very tall, but the suite was high even for me. I wanted to purchase some replacement legs and attempted to phone the branch where the suite was bought. Whenever I rang, the phone rang off the hook, and they just didnt answer. I emailed customer services and have had the same response ie -… Read Full Review

Rubybuttar's Comment

Written on: 11/05/2013

Contact the Trading standards bureau or office of fair trading and tell them this and they will let you know the advice. I THINK YOU DON'T NEED TO ACCEPT A FAULTY GOOD.

Read 1 Comment

“Took longer than stated but very happy with quality”

Written on: 13/02/2013 by Zenfascist (2 reviews written)

I ordered a fabric corner sofa which took a couple of weeks longer than I was promised. It's annoying. But I can see that it had to be made and delivered first. Luckily I knew not to get rid of the old furniture before my new piece arrived. If I had taken their word as gospel I'd have been sat on the floor to watch tv. Having said that, I'm really happy with the quality. I have a cat who has fallen in love with the sofa and it is really comfortable to sit and lie on. I've only had it a few… Read Full Review