DFS Reviews - www.dfs.co.uk

DFS Reviews - www.dfs.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for DFS Reviews - www.dfs.co.uk

“Dogs not allowed ”

written by GageStephens on 27/05/2024

Be aware, even though their website states : Can you bring dogs to DFS? Absolutely! As well as carrying a range of sofas in dog-friendly fabrics, we’re happy to welcome the whole family in our stores - including your dog! We want them to feel at home whilst you browse, so we don’t mind if they hop up onto the sofa with you. There are also water bowls and treats available to help them settle in. They do not allow dogs in their stores !!

“Poor customer service ”

written by Luisa1989 on 11/05/2024

When you spend 5k on a sofa and it is faulty abs they will ignore you even when the delivery driver agrees with you that it don't look right. When you spend further money with them ( needed a reclyner due to disabilities can't no longer get on and off the sofa) And then refuse to allow you to make changes to your order without charging you a bomb Stay away from them they are greedy and inhuman

“You are better off purchasing your sofas elsewhere!”

written by 261Wiley on 05/05/2024

My experience with Enfield DFS has been less than satisfactory. Despite contacting the sofa company before my warranty period ended, I have not received any resolution to my issue even after following up multiple times since 2023. I found the customer service representative, Fireil to be unhelpful and impolite during our interactions. As a result, I do not recommend purchasing sofas from this vendor, and I hope that my feedback can be used to improve the quality of service provided to customers in the future. You are better off purchasing your sofas elsewhere.

“Tired of been messed around by Doncaster furniture store”

written by Andybaron on 04/05/2024

After them changing the delivery on me now 9 times to the point where I won’t be in the country I’ve told them to stick the sofa where the sun doesn’t shine. After reading there reviews maybe I’ve dodged a bullet I’ll go to scs or dunelm for my sofa delivered in just 2 days.

“Poor quality product and poor quality service over ”

written by Hardynicola21 on 04/05/2024

Following purchase of two leather sofas, mechanics on manual recliner don’t fully work. 2nd recliner after only 12 weeks of purchase, the leather is coming off. After discussing with DFS they sent engineer to exam the issue. He then confirmed that the leather had come off and he would paint the leather (This is what is done the factory). He painted the area but with a totally different colour and advised that the colour of our sofa is difficult to match ???? So now we have an 4”sq orange patch on our sofa. We reported this to the head office at DFS on the same day of the visit. Following the conversation, DFS suggested to recover the chair. I’m not happy with the suggestion of recovering the chair, we have paid £5k for a sofa that is not the quality it was sold as. However DFS are not happy to replace and want to recover. Having called today was advised that there was a league time of 12 weeks (this was not originally disclosed to me). My concerns are the leather will be different shades and we will know that it’s been recovered. This product has clearly not gone through a quality check in the manufacturing process otherwise this would have failed and been rejected. We have only had the sofa three months before the leather was coming off. The sofa is not what we thought we were buying, poor workmanship and very poor service from DFS having to wait a further 3 months and still not resolved. I have never brought from DFS before but would certainly will not entertain buying anything else from this organisation, I expect better from big players in this sector. As a consumer we are entitled to a full refund if a product is ‘not fit for purpose’, we should not be fobbed off with mediocre solutions. Sincere review from a very unhappy customer.

“Big gap in middle of 3 seater reclining sofa”

written by Maggs11x on 26/04/2024

Bought 2 reclining sofas, the 3 seater one came in two parts and is joined in the middle. However I noticed immediately that there seemed to be a wide gap in the middle. The delivery guy reported this and a engineer called the following week. He said it was not a fault in the mechanics or upholstery and it should ‘ settle down’ . This gap is big enough to put my hand in and we keep losing remote controls and mobile phones down there. Would not have thought that was normal! I intend to give this the benefit of the doubt, but am certainly not happy and will further my complaint in the near future. In hindsight, should have looked at this Dfs customer reviews site before I bought. Really not too impressive is it ?

“rise recline chair ”

written by reclning on 25/04/2024

bought a rise and recline chair with recling sofa and chair.in july 23 the shop assistant gave us excellent service got is a barin and got del very quick as we needed this asp was for my elderly parents as dad was struggling to get up and down from there old ones and mam was going to be going through treatment for cancer so needed comfort for her too then the rise and recline stopped working in oct 23 reported this someone came out said what was wrong. brought part. but didnt work so reordered another part then this wasnt right. so ordered another part which didnt work then ordered a new remote. but then it needed the other part to go with it which. wasnt brought out. so its still not fixed so rang again. to be told it can take upto 3 weeks again so 6 month on and still without the rise recline chair not very good service from the. parts supplier and seevice centre lack of communication between them i think cant fault the service we recived in the sunderland branch they were more than helpful and the young girl was excellent

“Terrible Service”

written by Aylinu100 on 19/04/2024

We ordered a sofa from the Gateshead shop and everything seemed to go well. We were told it would be 6 weeks for delivery and if we cancelled there would he a 20% charge. However, after 2 weeks we were told the sofa was ready. Which seemed strange. It arrived in bits, arms detached, feet missing and no fittings to put it together. Went back to the Gateshead store and was told we would get £150 discount for the inconvenience and a was offered the option of a temporary sofa or they would sent someone to fit the sofa together. As we'd been told that our sofa was a redelivery which means someone else had already had it in their house and then cancelled the order, we opted for a brand new new sofa. The manager didn't order the temporary sofa. So we called back to arrange this. He then called to to explain it wasn't his fault and we weren't getting the refund because we'd selected the wrong option. I told him he was playing games and advised I was cancelling the order. He rang back again 20 minutes later, this time he just wouldn't listen to waht I was saying. Appalling company, incompetent staff.

“False advertisement”

written by Jodebs on 11/04/2024

False advertising, and told they have no staff to deliver. Due to give birth next week and coming home to no furniture as even the loan sofa they promised would come this week has now been delayed due to staffing issues. They make guarantees that they should not be making. I will now be coming home with my new born daughter to no furniture. Do not go to the Brigg DFS. They are out of contract from Sunday but I should have known better. Had I read these reviews before hand I would never have used them. Absolutely awful customer services and management team. Promised by one manager but because there happens to have been a change in management in the last week, the new manager is unable to comply with the original request for delivery this week. I am beyond angry and upset.

“Avoid at all cost”

written by Reginaldd200 on 08/04/2024

Purchased a sofa 4 years ago and still having problems with it had to reselect new sofa 3 years later ,cancelled credit agreement then retorted it again taking different amounts, no manager call backs no refunds no nothing had inshore credit purchased a bed which was told I'd receive a refund on to not get no refund manager on annual leave but can't sort refund out asked to get call back of someone higher said can't do it

“Avoid - faulty item, no ownership”

written by RoselynStuart421 on 06/04/2024

Bed delivered. Not put together. They leave. Unwrap it to find two tears in the foot board that are on show, on an edge. Phone dfs. I need to have someone come out and assess it for repair. in 3weeks. I can't be given a time so I am expected to accommodate this around my job. So although dfs have delivered a damaged item, I have to arrange to sort this in my own time and have the damaged item whilst I wait. Plus I don't want a repair. I want an undamaged new item which I am paying for. I've sent photos. In the meantime my monthly payment plan will start, so I am paying for the defective item and stuck with it until someone comes out and then decides a replacement is necessary. To then await that. I've just had their sofa care people refuse a claim and had to go to the ombudsmen who awarded me compensation and replaced 2 sofas and a foot stall. I wish i hadn't believed the sofa issue was a one off and had taken my business elsewhere.

“Dreadfully made.”

written by KarenL123 on 04/04/2024

We purchased a sofa in York it cost over £2,000. The men assembled it then left (I stayed in the kitchen). When my partner returned home he checked underneath and there was a broken zip which went from the back of the sofa to the front a perfect place for our cats to cause damage. There was staples hanging out along the sofa and on the corners. I immediately rang customer service and a service manager is coming out on the 16th April between the hrs of 7am and 5pm!! Furious doesn't come close, one of us now needs to take a day off work!! Absolute joke!!

“Supply chain not sourced carefully”

written by 340Owens on 18/03/2024

Had a delivery come today for an order that was part of £10,500 overall order This item alone was over £2000 and yet the delivery organisation selected by dfs to deliver was uninterested and poor. The bed frame was meant to have been put together and I asked if they could and response was if you want me to? The customer service for the delivery company was shocking to say the least and to be honest this has really put me off ordering with dfs in the future I need further furniture equating to approx £20k but if this is how they source their supply chain then no thank you I’ll take the money elsewhere

“VERY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH DFS”

written by on 17/03/2024

Just somethings for dfs limerick to consider. i bought a sofa worth 7130 euro from dfs limerick in august 2023. Withing 3 weeks the fabric had worn out. I could jot believe what has happened. It is march 2024 and it has not been fixed yet. 1. In this emerging and readily evolving market space why on earth does anyone have to ring the uk to get a message accross to dfs in limerick or galway or cork? I find this highly draconian in nature and no element of reasoning in it. 2. I find dfs policies stiff and lacking in flexibility that attracts and appease customers. No room for simple and little perks that gives and grant customers good purchasing experience. 3. You modus operandi are not explained to customers. I walk into a dfs store in limerick buy a product and an issue ensues and a i find myself dealing with a manager in galway. This information should have been at my foreknowledge before making the purchase. 4. With how stiff and rigid your policies are around your products one would expect nothing less but perfection. But that expectation was dashed as proven by the no fit for purpose lorenzo sofa i expensively bought from dfs limerick and it is a shame. I expected more given the degree of rigidity i encountered or witnessed with your service.. 5. It took about 8 or 9 weeks to get an upholstery chap over to assess a set of sofa i bought. That itself is not acceptable. It means as a customer i am not important or valued or you do not appreciate me as cutomer. these are yard sticks that has made me lost fate in dfs and and inability to resolve an issue in a well and timely fashion by the manger i galway. He messaged me saying a technician will call out to my house on aril 8. Dfs ireland is joke. 6. The manager in galway decided to proceed to order a replacement cover for the worn out sofa set i bought less than 6 months of purchase when i clearly told him what i wanted. My opinion on this sofa did not matter to him just to add. The issues is not that the fabric has worn out. Different fabrics were used in covering of the sofa. I had sent pictures to the manager on several ocassions he still thinks a replacement cover is what i need. There is no uniformity in the fabric of the entire sofa. Not only does the sofa needs a replacement cover. The entire set needs replacement cover including the body and the frame. 7 when i told him what happened to the 4 seater sofa will happen to the other sofas his response was that "well we dont know that yet". I was baffled by this. It tells me he does not know his products or have confidence in dfs products. I knew this product better than him 8 i dealt with a staff in limerick who was so unempathic to a difficult situation dfs has put me in and he lacked customer focus centered approach. these are my thoughts so far on dfs very dissapointed with dfs august 10th 2023 to march 2024 and still ongoing. Issue not resolve (8months). stay away from dfs

“Worst ”

written by tnAguirre112 on 23/02/2024

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with the service I have received regarding my recent sofa purchase. Five months ago, I placed an order for a sofa with your company, and since then, I have encountered nothing but problems and disappointment. Upon receiving the initial delivery, the sofa was broken, necessitating its return. After much delay, a replacement was promised, causing me to rearrange my schedule and take time off work for the delivery. However, upon the scheduled delivery date, I was informed that the replacement sofa was also damaged and wet, resulting in further inconvenience and delay. Despite numerous attempts to resolve the issue, including visits to your store and countless calls to customer service, I have received no satisfactory resolution. The lack of accountability and assistance from your customer service representatives has only exacerbated my frustration. Furthermore, the suggestion to continually reorder the sofa, despite multiple failed attempts at delivery, is unacceptable and demonstrates a lack of regard for customer satisfaction. I must emphasize the significant impact this ordeal has had on my life. It has disrupted my plans, caused unnecessary stress, and resulted in wasted time and resources. As a loyal customer, I expected better from a reputed company like yours. Regrettably, I had no choice but to request a full refund for my purchase. I have lost all confidence in your company and will not be recommending your services to others. I trust that you will take swift and appropriate action to address this matter and prevent similar experiences for other customers in the future. Honestly wasted 5 months due to poor service

“Awful sofa from DFS French Connection Studio.”

written by SufferingSadSod on 06/02/2024

Looks good but the French connection Studio sofa from DFS is the most uncomfortable sofa I’ve ever had. The one in the store was ok but was the recliner version. I specified I did not want a recliner. It came and the seats were like bricks, complain and the advice given is to wear it in like a pair of shoes! Could take three months to soften. They do begin to give but wouldn’t call it soften, they compress. Also as I had specified not a recliner I was surprised to discover, while trying to get comfortable, that the back is sloped backwards so the back cushions offer no support. It’s the recliner without the mechanism. Sit back on the seats without surrounding yourself, especially at your back, with additional cushions and you’re literally lying semi prone. I asked if I could buy a better cushions but they were adamant I couldn’t. Not helpful at all. I’ve actually had to order different fillings from an upholsterer an expense which is sadly necessary, and I’m faced with trying to find something to prop the back ones so they don’t slope backwards. Good money after bad. Don’t feel I have any option. I have backache and neck pain from this since day one. It’s been sheer misery, a waste of over a thousand pounds.

“Don't buy DFS SofaCare Insurance”

written by DFS_Oxford on 26/01/2024

Don't buy DFS SofaCare Insurance - Don't believe what the sales people peddle when selling you this 5 year insurance policy. We were led to believe our sofa cushion's could be refilled within 5 years if they sagged or lost shape... 3 Years in and our sofa cushions have sagged considerably - After spending days trying to resolve with emails and phone calls to DFS and Guardsman, we're NOT covered. SAVE YOUR MONEY, DON'T BUY SOFACARE!

“French connection studio sofa ”

written by Laurawalker10 on 21/01/2024

Awful customer service. Looks the business so I was a bit blinded. After 4 months limited support gives me back ache. Can't wait to pay off over the next 3 years so I can go gplan! Style over substance!

“Do not buy a recliner”

written by amanda12348 on 07/01/2024

Bought a recliner sofa just over 2 years ago,cost £1300 stopped working, dfs wont look at, say that 2 year warranty as likely to break after this time, terrible customer service, wouldnt recommend at all

“Appalling customer service”

written by Makenzie120 on 14/12/2023

We had recently moved into our new home together (our first home) and had saved up for month to buy a sofa, so were very excited. We went to DFS and had to wait ages to be served, and then were told that it would be better to look online (due to not having the stock in store). We did as suggested and looked online, after browsing several different stores and trying different things, we selected our sofa with the delivery date with 6-8 weeks (a reason why we chose DFS as we wanted the sofa in time for our housewarming, 10 weeks later). When the timeframe came to 8 weeks, we were sent an email (which went into spam so we never initially received it) that our delivery was delayed. No new date. We called to enquire but were put on hold and then disconnected. Twice. Further chasing and no support offered. 10 weeks from our order, we had our housewarming but no sofa. It was difficult to host people as there was nowhere to sit! It was very disappointing. We rang several more times but were told that we couldn't even be guaranteed our delivery before Christmas! Finally, 4 months after ordering we were given a delivery slot. We were told in the morning of the Tuesday. I worked from home especially that day to receive the delivery however, no delivery. No contact. I chased via telephone but nothing. 9pm that evening our sofa finally arrived. In spite of paying £100 delivery and fitting, the men were rude and clumsy in the delivery. No apologies for the massive delay or for the inconvenience it had caused. They broke our lampshade whilst being clumsy with packaging. We had to ask them to take away the cardboard wrapping and they made a big fuss. They made a mess all over the carpets and knocked several of our doors, damaging the paintwork. Absolutely appalling - I would not recommend at all, please avoid!!

Asked by Joygan on 10th November 2022 Report this content
Has anybody purchased the Dazzle cornersofa and had problems with the seat padding going flat?

Asked by Beckysofa on 21st July 2022 Report this content
I have a four seater enchanted sofa which was supplied with two middle legs. When I have fitted these they are about 3inches off the floor plus they are plastic and ruin the look of the sofa. My question is, are they necessary? If so, should they be touching or close to the floor?

Asked by Eburden1 on 28th December 2019 Report this content
Has any one brought the enchanted range from dfs, if so reviews on it please?

Answers (1)
Report this content Tanse16 Written on: 30/12/2019
DFS is no good and should be avoided at all cost I bought from them and it came in extremely poor condition like a second hand so my advice would be not to buy from them
Asked by Ditto123 on 19th April 2015 Report this content
Anyone bought the cheaper sofas from DFS like the revive at the moment? Any good? And how long have you had them? Or anybody bought the fabric sofas without the stain protection? Thank you in advance.

Answers (2)
Report this content davidlee42 Written on: 21/04/2015
don't buy any thing from DFS really not worth the money you pay go to some where like housing units or Oakland furniture really do stay away from DFS
Report this content Ditto123 Written on: 21/04/2015
Are they really that bad? I know on here all there seen to be are bad reviews.
Asked by Timbrown7 on 3rd March 2015 Report this content
Our new sofas arrived with 2 tears in them. We contacted the store within 5 mins of the sofas being delivered. Someone has been out and said they are natural tears? What? And repaired them. You can see where they've been repaired and look like within a few months they will open up again. We are not happy with this and want a complete replacement. DFS say they don't do this. But can give us some money back or recover the arms where the tears are. As far as I'm concerned this is then a reconditioned sofa not a new one. Also wrong legs delivered with one of the sofas and waiting for replacements to be delivered. Where do we stand on getting a replacement? Any help appreciated.

Answers (2)
Report this content hertsessexlad87 Written on: 03/03/2015
I had a year of hell battling with them over my not fit for purpose suite so can imagine how your feeling. Mine turned up broke, brackets put on wrong, split frame, and torn material to which DFS refused to change! In the end i was threatening the Enfield store branch that i would bring my suite down in a van and sit it outside there store and show potential customers what rubbish they are throwing money at! This didnt fase them one bit so i wrote an email to all the chief execitives of DFS, (email addresses available through google search), copied in the store manager and photographs etc and stated i am now taking them to court, i told a white lie too that i had secretly recorded the conversation with the last service engineer on the last visit (allowed by law in your own home for secruity purposes) and i will sue them for selling me a product that is falling apart and giving me poor excuses and reasons for not changing it for a new one....an hour later the head office called to say they are collecting the suite and i can have a full refund!
Report this content queensclose Written on: 06/03/2015
ombudsman is no good they will only review if the store is at fault and ask them to repair it. contact CAB who can report it to trading standards. otherwise there is nothing else you can do because DFS dont want used sofas returned unless you use the county court
Asked by Gidg1t on 25th November 2014 Report this content
Hi, Don't know if you can help but I have been asked to go and pick up a 3 setter, 2 setter and a chair from your Velocity range. Could you tell me if the backs remove so I would be able to get into my van as it is a large suite ? Many Thanks, Helen.

Answers (3)
Report this content misssunshine0117 Written on: 27/11/2014
Hi there I am sorry that I can not answer your question but from what I see this is a solid piece of furniture and does not look as if the backs could be removed.
Report this content GIving-Advice Written on: 30/11/2014
As far as I am aware, DFS furniture HUGE and cannot be separated as pieces! You will have very difficulty of returning if the furniture turns out to be what you were not expected, for the reason being, DFS will tell you that THE FURNITURE IS SPECIALLY MADE FOR YOU, and as a result cannot be returned! My advice to you would be 100% sure before you collect them.
Report this content dunning26 Written on: 04/12/2014
Hi My suite from DFS is the leather pavililion 3 seater bed settee and a recliner. I had mine delivered direct from DFS to my caravan. They had no problems getting it in. Through the standard caravan door, which is actually the same size as my front door on my house. No parts came off, but they did unscrew the legs to get it in. I made sure the lounge was fully clear of anything restrictive though. Hope this helps.
Asked by Jessicagargano on 3rd April 2014 Report this content
Love my DFS corner sofa had it for over 2 years never had a problem. Only recently my cushions have been going mouldy. I've kept this sofa clean and clean it regularly. It's going to keep returning! I feel my sofa is ruined. Will DFS replace my sofa?

Answers (3)
Report this content zoe1982 Written on: 04/04/2014
providing you bought the care pack i think yes they will replace your cushions, we bought the care pack, and if we spill anything or it gets ruined in anyway they send someone out to clean them or replace them, but we were told by them that you shouldn't try and clean them yourself, so if you've been doing this then you may invalidate your care pack, hope this helps
Report this content BRIAN1953 Written on: 06/04/2014
My experience in the first instance with a suite we purchased was absolute the worst ever. The suite was into 2 years of use, and had been addressed with several problems with springs popping out cutting material, base springs failing over and over again. In the end I wrote several letters to their ceo, and sales manager, without 1 reply! Even to acknowledge the letter. It seemed mission impossible. The suite was taken away for "repair" on a number of occasions, and was away for almost 2/3 weeks!!! They sent a couple of seats which were badly worn, and i refused to keep them, no other alternative was offered. I am a disabled person, and sat in an ercol reclining leather chair, which we had left from our ercol range which was too bulky for the bungalow. Unfortunately my wife had to use a dining chair while the suite was "repaired". On return delivery, one of the chairs collapsed due to a very ill fitting leg, and i needed to go to a and e. despite more complaints, letters and phone calls, it appeared that no senior executive at dfs, took responsibility .the problem was solved eventually which incurred more costs, and their manager who was appointed to deal with our problem was really helpful. I would not recommend dfs furniture to anybody, their after care service is of the lowest standard ever. Their customer service is appalling. Their senior executives are so rude. Since the departure of baron graham kirkham, and associated colleagues, the current executives have taken dfs down. Suggest you go private to sort the problem, they are by far the worse company i have ever purchased from, and will take any given opportunity to share my experience with anybody!
Report this content misssunshine0117 Written on: 27/11/2014