Canon Rebel G Reviews

• Photograph Quality

Canon Rebel G - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Canon Rebel G

Canon Rebel G

“The Canon Rebel G is an excellent option for begginers...”

written by on 15/08/2008

The Canon Rebel G is an excellent option for begginers to pro-photography world.

“I got this camera when my dad gave it up to me after...”

written by on 08/12/2007

I got this camera when my dad gave it up to me after he upgraded to Nikon d70. With my dad, it's seen everything from camping trips to Disney-land. So far, it is the greatest camera I've ever owned!

“I love the Canon Rebel G camera, it's perfect and I...”

written by Kada2110 on 19/11/2005

I love the Canon Rebel G camera, it's perfect and I can say only good about it.

Nino (Croatia)

“Got this Canon Rebel G 35mm SLR camera as a quick...”

written by Wes K on 10/06/2004

Got this Canon Rebel G 35mm SLR camera as a quick replacement for a Rebel II that died 2 weeks before a shoot, was quite pleased with the range of features for the price and the learning curve. Only things I could see improving are the Auto-Focus mode; camera tends to hunt sometimes, or give up altogether; also the camera tends to calculate exposure on the side of underexposing shots.

“MY HUSBAND BOUGHT ME THIS Canon Rebel G 35mm CAMERA IN...”

written by LISANREGIS on 07/09/2003

MY HUSBAND BOUGHT ME THIS Canon Rebel G 35mm CAMERA IN 1999 AS A BIRTHDAY PRESENT AND I ABSOULUTELY LOVE IT I HAVE BOUGHT LENSES , FILTERS AND MUCH MUCH MORE. I AM A PRO PHOTOGRAPHER AND I USE THIS CAMERA WHEN I DO MY ON LOCATION SHOOTS.

“I don't care what people say about this camera, it is...”

written by SingSwtHarmony. on 26/02/2003

I don't care what people say about this camera, it is excellent! I have heard it compared to a point-and-shoot, and that's completely untrue. I took this camera with me to Ireland, and my pictures turned out so fantastic that professional photographers have complimented me on them! As long as you have an eye for what you are taking, then you can make any camera work for you and still get a good (if not completely high-quality) picture. This one provides quality, sharpness, and high grained pictures for a very reasonable price. I also take black and whites, and these turned out beautifully as well. I got mine on eBay with lens, camera bag and cleaning equipment for under $200, and it was worth every penny!

110085_Christopher Martin.'s Response to 75917_SingSwtHarmony.'s Review

Written on: 23/06/2003

I agree. I bought my Canon Reble G used. I bought a 300X lense for it and WOW! It works great. Some people I know have the other brands of SLR and they have a menu to decide which sort of picture to take, very slow! The Dial is far better and quicker for someone who likes to take pictures of landscapes and nature or ANYTHING! The only thing I can think of that is bad is the lack of a good red eye reduction, at least on mine. I no longer use this camera to take pictures of people.
<br>
<br>I am happy to see others like this fine Camera. And you are right you can take a good picture with ANY camera you just need a good eye. I have taken award winning photos with point & shoot no zoom cameras.

Read 1 Comment

“I bought this Canon Rebel G 35mm SLR camera a little...”

written by cornerstone. on 20/09/2002

I bought this Canon Rebel G 35mm SLR camera a little while ago and it takes great pictures. It takes them much faster then a zoom camera and takes the shots you want. Very good value for your money. I am happy with this camera and it is the best one I have owned to date.

Shane_Hannon02.'s Response to 38797_cornerstone.'s Review

Written on: 02/10/2002

This camera is my first SLR ever, I normally would by disposable camera's if I needed to take some pictures.
<br>I have taken it on a few trips and have great results so far, with the standard lens (35mm-80mm).
<br>Using the features is really easy, for a novice. Controlling f stops, shutter speed, and even a remote for tripod use makes it simple.
<br>It may not be top of the line, but for the money...you have an awesome camera that is easy to learn on.

Kada2110's Response to 38797_cornerstone.'s Review

Written on: 21/11/2005

you can turn off the flash, just put it back in the camera...gosh!

Read 2 Comments

“I bought the Canon Rebel G 35mm SLR camera in San...”

written by Gerhard Passage. on 19/09/2002

I bought the Canon Rebel G 35mm SLR camera in San Francisco in 1995 for $400. It was the best value for money camera that year. I am still using the camera and added the Sigma 80 - 300mm lens and the Canon EF540 flash to my arsenal. All I need now is the EOS 60D or even better yet, the EOS 1D!

“The Canon Rebel G was purchased for me as a Christmas...”

written by Corsair41. on 11/08/2002

The Canon Rebel G was purchased for me as a Christmas gift about 2 years ago. all, I'm very pleased with the performance of the camera, although it's been a bit of a struggle to figure out exactly how to do certain things with it, and the manual is no help whatsoever. Availabilty of accessories is excellent, and thankfully no shortage of lenses, either! I've put approximately 100 rolls of film through it, and it just keeps on keeping on!

“Well what can i say about the Canon Rebel G 35mm SLR...”

written by Dopping. on 21/06/2002

Well what can i say about the Canon Rebel G 35mm SLR camera.. i would never pay that kinda cheap price for this kinda cheap equipment!

this camera is definitely for beginners only though.

121046_Cherrish.'s Response to 28740_Dopping.'s Review

Written on: 02/08/2003

I think that the canon rebel g is a great camera and maybe this was just one of very few that were bad. With every product line there are going to be a few that malfunction or have trouble, no matter the brand. I have had my camera for 3 years and never had any trouble with it, as most of the reviews are positive.

Read 1 Comment

“Not only is it the best fully Automatic SLR camera on...”

written by Robert. on 09/12/2001

Not only is it the best fully Automatic SLR camera on the market, but in addition, being able to control all functions manually, addresses creativity desires. Produces excellent pictures.

7017_Philbio.'s Response to 6978_Robert.'s Review

Written on: 09/12/2001

I do believe this guy works for Canon. I do agree that this is a good camera but I do not agree that it's the best for your buck. For around the same price you can get a Minolta Maxxum Stsi model. Has more features, is lighter, and takes as good if not better pictures that the Canon. The ease of use could be the best feature of this camera. Although I would recommend the Minolta, I'm sure you would like the Canon. But if I had my choice the is no doubt I would take the Minolta anyday.

Read 1 Comment

“*Extremely user friendly machine, with film loading...”

written by bloblob. on 17/04/2001

*Extremely user friendly machine, with film loading and other functions.
*Flash pops out automatically, very well placed flash which can prevent unwanted accidents
*Very efficient and battery saving red eye reduction technique compared to other cameras.

---Bloblob the blobing blob has blobbed boldy with blobby bathroom bogging the bogus boogy bold bungy glued the blue bongy to the blooming boxing gloves
- Cheers!

(Sorry, I couldnt resist leaving this last bit in - Ed)

“Love it! Good price, excellent features.”

written by Andres Nava. on 28/04/2000

Love it! Good price, excellent features.

“I love this camera. I have had it for a while now and...”

written by Scott OHara. on 27/04/2000

I love this camera. I have had it for a while now and it still performs perfectly.

Kada2110's Response to Scott OHara.'s Review

Written on: 19/11/2005

I agree with you, and if you are a profesional photographer, then you know that this camera is perfect.