Experian Car Data Check Reviews

• Customer service

Experian Car Data Check - Ask a question now

“Waste of money”

written by Redsportvan on 02/02/2021

Experian Hpi checked a van june 2017 experian gave it the all clear,, Thinking of a part ex in jan 2019 Three main dealers hpi checked my van all coming back with total loss in may 2014,, Spoke to experian about this tell me its not on there system as a write off nothing they can do unless i can find out which insurance company it was with at the time of total loss ???? How am i supposed to know who it was insured with before i owned it ?? After numerous long winded phone calls been put on hold in hope i would go away i suspect,,, They now say it has now updated there records to show its total loss status but because the original check was done over 3 years its now out of date ??? Does hpi have an expiry date ?? They also have now come up with it was a self insured vehicle ??? Even though the clearly state the dont know you the vehicle was insured with,, They just arnt interested so i,m still on with it 12 months later Seems to me hpi reports are pointless So if your thinking of it dont use these

“Gave me incorrect information on the car I checked ”

written by wallet2020 on 29/07/2020

Used Experian for car check printed off report showed 5 previous keepers when I received log Book showed 10 previous keepers. No compensation was offered & this is the 4th time using Experian the data is wrong . Don’t waste your money using Experian data checks there is a massive floor in there system!!!!!

“Awful. Terrible.”

written by nobodycares1 on 20/01/2020

I was all set to buy a car. I had been looking for a while and found a good deal. Before buying the car I purchased a car history check from Experian. The check said the car was a write off. I informed the owner who was shocked (and annoyed) as I basically accused him of trying it on. He contacted the MIB Motor Insurance Bureau asking why his car was listed as a write off only to be told it wasn't. There is a central database where experian etc get their data from called MIAFTR. They investigated and confirmed it is not a write off. When Experian were informed they checked themselves and agreed. They said it must have been a typo error and amended their records. In the meantime another interested buyer had done a check with TotalCarCheck who gave the car a clean bill of health and that person bought the car straight away. I lost out on a great deal and Experian will not even give me a refund! Everytime I call them I get put on hold which disconnects after 20 minutes. Terrible company that I will never use again.

“Rubbish ”

written by KellAnj on 20/05/2019

Same as with another user, purchased a vehicle after going through all the checks and the car turned out to be cloned and of course they won’t pay out on a cloned car.

“Disgraceful customer service”

written by Flores257 on 09/09/2018

I’ve just paid £14.95 for a full vehicle check so it’ll make me feel better and your information is wrong about the vehicle. I feel robbed now as i’ve paid up and got a an untrustworthy report. Also, They state it’s a manual gearbox when it isn’t. I wanted an automatic. Because of the information being wrong I declined going to see and buy the car because it’s stated as manual on there report. Now i’ve missed out on this car no thanks to them. I contacted them about this and they totally ignored me TWICE

“Not worth the paper its wrote on”

written by lmPayne482 on 12/04/2017

Be very careful and read the small print. Purchased a car and followed all of the instructions car reg vin plate etc and registered for the full guarantee. They took my money and give me full confidence that everything was fine. Later found out the car had a second vin number under the car. ( Cloned car ) They dont tell you they dont cover cloned cars on the application form somewhere hidden in the small print. Would not have gone near the car if I had more information before purchase. They were very quick to let me know not interested

“Bought 5 checks Got only one”

written by RustyWreck on 04/01/2013

The deal in the UK is one check for £19.99 or 5 checks within 60 days for £24.99. However it appears that if you register the insurance on the first check, the remaining checks are void. They do not tell you this in the sales blurb but I suppose its in the small print! I think this could be good if you are looking at several cars then deciding to buy one but I bought one in November and now I am looking for another! Avoid is my advice. They owe me a fiver!

“Experian Auto check offers everything CARFAX does at a...”

written by on 21/06/2010

Experian Auto check offers everything CARFAX does at a lower rate. Their reports even look very similar. DO NOT use CARFAX unless you just enjoy spending more money! Unlimted reports at Experian for $45 or 5 reports at CARFAX for $45. You do the math. Since I got the exact same information with Experian, I will never use CARFAX again. Unless they lower thier rates!