DEKRA Vehicle Inspections Reviews

1.4
  • Customer service

DEKRA Vehicle Inspections - Ask a question now

“Dekra is a mess. I been to Dekra Rotebro for...”

written by liRasmussen187 on 05/12/2023

Dekra is a mess. I been to Dekra Rotebro for inspection of my car, The staff working there- seemed clueless and didn't know what they were doing. Unprofessional attitudes and lack of skill were evident. Avoid them if you want a reliable inspection—total disappointment! EXTREMLY BAD SERVICE.

“Inspection for exploded Dual Mass Flywheel on my vehicle”

written by Tobin374 on 21/08/2020

Inspector spent no more than 20 minutes on site, showed little interest in problem. Report was full of mistakes (spelt Dual Mass 'Duel'!), so poor could not use it fully in court as evidence. Lost case which cost me £3000 in total.Total waste of money, no reply from manager to my letter of complaint. These people should not be in business. Demanded my fee back, got no response. My technician on site at same time as inspection was appalled at lack of knowledge & common sense of inspector. Do not waste your money on this useless company.

“Incompetence ”

written by Adrianas438 on 28/11/2018

2 year old vehicle developed crack in engine block and OEM manufacturer decides to shirk responsibility to cover it under warranty claiming it was impact from object in the road even though there were no deformed areas around the single crack or any areas under the car with marks from said object. Insurance company send expert and he agrees with me that it's mechanical failure rather then road object based on same logical reasoning. So I get DEKRA inspection too but his conclusion is an object from the road cracked the engine then adds that engine casing is too strong to leave a dent. Surely, If an object is strong enough to crack it then it's strong enough to leave a dent and marks underneath , no ? It's common sense but not at DEKRA, what a waste of money. He also said my car is a manual but it's automatic transmission. The report is not worth anything. Stay way way away from these people.

“Deceitful Company ”

written by Quinnez16 on 13/12/2017

Bought a brand new car and couple of manufacturing defects soon cropped up . Finance company arranged ‘independent’ assessment through DEKRA . All the problems that I complained off , especially with the parking assist function was detected by the engineer . However , when the report was sent to me , he put in the report that there was nothing wrong with the car . So finance company bailed out saying car has no fault . Luckily for me , the whole inspection was caught on dash cam recordings and it is clear that the inspector was lying . I contacted DEKRA To complain about the professional standards of the inspector with video evidence . They did not return my calls or answer to my mails . I even emailed the Head office in Germany and got no response . Rouge company - avoid at all costs .

“Not if you're in a hurry”

written by MBrads72 on 23/03/2017

The online booking is efficient and takes your money very quickly. Then call to actually arrange the inspection reveals that they're 'very busy' and they can't do it for another 6 days. You'll need a patient seller. Then the inspection happened and despite their website promise that you'll get a verbal report the same day, I didn't. I also didn't get the written report until nearly 10pm that night, and it went to junk mail. When I complained that I didn't get the verbal report all they did was get the engineer to call me. No apology, no acknowledgement of their shortcomings. When I pointed this out I was left an aggressive voicemail saying they had completed the service.

“Avoid”

written by lkb911 on 15/08/2016

Terrible Terrible customer service. I have purchased their vehicle inspection via AA, and it was an awful experience. They did not see a problem with the suspension, and of course once I purchased the car I had the issue right away. After talking to them, I was passed through their so called "customer service manager" who was nothing but rude, and they do not take any responsibility. If you want a decent car inspection, look elsewhere.

“Deep mass flywheel ”

written by Notinthemood123 on 29/04/2016

I used Dekra to complete an inspection on my very golf as I had just bought it and the garage ieArnold Clark were trying to fob me off I took the car to a local garage and also another garage that I did not know both told me the flywheel was the problem I took the car back to the garage they told me I had to get a inspection and told me to use Dekra I did so at Thor cost of £200.00 The inspector arrived at my place of work we drove the car about twenty miles the problem showed up and I explained it the inspector then drove back to my place of work and said I would get my report in the post The report arrived saying that there was in his opinion nothing wrong with the car Arnold Clark then refused to repair it two weeks later the car required a new flywheel at the cost of over £1000.00 So would I ever use them again the answer is a definite no

“Took payment without completing work, awful customer...”

written by BrendaMcDougall251 on 02/03/2016

Dekra coordinated an appointment directly with a dealer to inspect a van I was interested in. I was not made aware of the exact time of the inspection, but got a call on the day saying the inspection had been aborted, that I would charged the full amount and they would charge again to rebook. There was a dispute between the dealer and Dekra as to the exact time, but I was not given the opportunity to contact the dealer to resolve it before the inspection was aborted. Now they are both blaming each other, I'm without an inspection and £155 worse off.

“The AA & Dekra = Useless ”

written by Maribel300 on 24/03/2014

I had an inspection carried out on my car (which I am selling) bought through the AA, half way through the inspection the engineer knocked on my door ABOUT A fault with the convertible roof... he broke it! The roof was in full working order prior to the inspection. The engineer called my potential owners claiming he thinks he saw shards of glass in the roof and a respray on the passenger side, this was news to me. The engineer is making false accusations trying to cover his own back. Due to the damage the car is now not road worthy, I contacted the AA and after 2 hours on phone, they have supplied me with a courtesy car out or "good will" but for only 2 days. They will not extend the courtesy car claim because they refuse to accept any liability and keep forwarding me to Dekra. I now have no means of getting to and from work. The AA have a contract with Dekra to do all car inspections.

“Terrible Customer Service”

written by on 11/09/2012

Ordered an inspection only for the dealer to sell the car despite promising to take it off the market. DEKRA could not quote "terms and conditions" enough when I asked for a full refund, taking £30 for basically nothing. There was no goodwill to be had even though I said that I would likely use them again if they were flexible. I don't know what the actual inspection is like but if it is anything like their customer service steer well clear.

“Made up faults that were not there!”

written by on 10/09/2012

My car was inspected various items reported, then had 2 main dealers inspect, neithet could fault anything & proved the items reported were fine by taking me into workshop. Glad I took professional advise as otherwise I wouldn't have bought whats turned out to be the beat car I've ever owned. Complete waste of £180.

“DEKRA Vehicle Inspection - an expensive mistake”

written by pollydroid on 18/07/2012

Beware the DEKRA vehicle inspection comes with no guarantee or warantee. Despite paying £260 for my car inspection it didn't stop me getting ripped off by a car dealer. I now also have a very expensive repair bill for my new car. There were 3 major errors in my report but DEKRA 'Expert' simply shrug it off. I bought my inspection through the AA. Despite marketing and selling the product the AA will not handle the complaint because it is outsourced to a third party.

“Very impressed by the level of service provided by...”

written by on 01/10/2010

Very impressed by the level of service provided by both the call centre staff, and the vehicle technician. Booking is simple, and the process was well explained by the operative. Mangaged to get a slot within 48 hours, and I received the written report ahead of time. It's a little generic at times, but the advice it gives is nonetheless sound.

I was able to call the technician before the inspection to specifically request that he take the car to the top of it's performance, and was also able to get in touch with him immidiately after i read the report, for greater detail on a few issues that were raised.

Unfortunately, the seller is yet to budge on price despite the inspection uncovering a fault, but I would happily use this service again if I dont buy the car that I'm currently trying to.

“Dekra Peace Of Mind Car Inspection ”

written by Merlot on 11/08/2010

Dekra Peace Of Mind Car Inspection
Arranged inspection 6 days in advance, credit card debited immediately but no email confirmation. Come inspection day, garage chased up Dekra - inspection engineer had not been booked, soonest engineer availability was then 2 days too late. Email finally sent by Dekra confirming details of this booking and their terms and conditions, far too late to be of use. On top of this 'misunderstanding' Dekra charged £30 cancellation fee for their inconvenience. Bad communication and very poor customer service - a simple email when the funds were taken could have highlighted any misinterpretations. Not recommended.