Canon EOS300 Reviews

Canon EOS300 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Canon EOS300

Canon EOS300
Canon EOS300

“Overall the Canon EOS300 is a great camera , could do...”

Written on: 13/03/2008

Overall the Canon EOS300 is a great camera , could do with a bit more weight , most of body made from lightweight plastic , good range of lenses… Read Full Review

“I bought the Canon EOS300 35mm SLR camera with the...”

Written on: 08/09/2005 by Nigeyboy (1 review written)

I bought the Canon EOS300 35mm SLR camera with the 28-90mm lens from a family friend for only £60!! They had only shot a dozen or so rolls of film through it, so it was practically brand new.

My previous camera was a Praktica MTL5-B, from which I had about 15 years service. It is now leaking light slightly.

The EOS 300 is a great camera. The amount of features it packs in is impressive. Those that are unfamiliar with photography can easily take good snaps with this when in full auto mode… Read Full Review

“Canon EOS300 - Tends to overexposure for no real...”

Written on: 13/07/2005 by Larkenn (1 review written)

Canon EOS300 - Tends to overexposure for no real reason. I lost a lot of lovely photos because of this. I took a picture of 3 people standing in a line in the same lighting and 2 were overexposed and 1 was not...strange.

Also some photos are not as sharp as other SLR cameras I have used such as Nikon and Pentax. I am quite disappointed with the quality as it came highly recommended. I will be selling my camera and investing in a quality Nikon now. I'm not sure about buying a Canon camera… Read Full Review

“I'm relatively new to photography and was advised to...”

Written on: 26/05/2005 by geoffek (1 review written)

I'm relatively new to photography and was advised to buy the Canon EOS300 after I'd mistakingly bought a second hand AE1 Program. The EOS 300 is a brilliant little camera and is so easy to use. Even loading a new film into it has been made idiot proof.

I'd recommend the EOS 300 to any one who is thinking about photography as a hobby, but is stuck on what camera to go out and buy… Read Full Review

“My first SLR and I've been really happy with it. Some...”

Written on: 15/03/2005 by Postie2003 (10 reviews written)

My first SLR and I've been really happy with it. Some of the pictures I have taken with the Canon EOS300 reside framed on my wall, although like most learners there are 50 awful shots for every one of these. Definitely user error rather than the camera though. The metering on mine also seems pretty accurate unlike a couple of other reviews/comments on here.

I like the way you can stick it into full auto mode and snap away like you can with a disposable one minute, yet have full control over… Read Full Review

“The full manual/auto option with precise focus even in...”

Written on: 17/04/2003 by Bamshad. (1 review written)

The full manual/auto option with precise focus even in darkness let all range ages to shoot with this valuable camera, I personally advise all semi prof. and amateures to have one of EOS300.
For better result in tele ranges use single 90-300mm canon lense. However a 28-90 mm lense is included in the EOS300 package. 1 year guaranty insures you of any detections due to manufacturer.
In full auto option My 4 year old child can shoot us a perfect picture!!… Read Full Review

“I have used Canon SLRs for 25 years now and upgraded...”

Written on: 28/12/2002 by David. (1 review written)

I have used Canon SLRs for 25 years now and upgraded to two EOS 300 with Canon 28 - 90 and 70 - 300 lenses a year ago. Initially I found that I was getting about 1/3 stop under exposure which caused problems with transparency work. I had both cameras and the lenses recalibrated under warranty.

I have found the gear to be reliable and quick to use under all conditions and am very happy with the quality. I also have a dedicated flashgun to give me more power than the built in unit. This was… Read Full Review

Mucker's Response to 60884_David.'s Review

Written on: 05/12/2004

I've got an EOS300 as well and mine seems to over expose. It is annoying since all the pictures I take come out too light. I'm glad I'm not the only one to experience this problem. Also, the images that I get don't seem as crisp and sharp as my old Practika ML50 which I had to replace because the winding mechanism was unreliable. I much preferred my old camera.

Read 1 Comment
☆☆☆☆☆

“Sharp images are not possible, with manual or...”

Written on: 26/11/2002 by unlucky. (1 review written)

Sharp images are not possible, with manual or automatic focus. Expensive. I will never buy Canon again!… Read Full Review

54113_Don.'s Response to unlucky.'s Review

Written on: 28/11/2002

If this guy/gal from Belgium can't take a decent photograph with this camera, then I suggest he takes up another hobby, as he/she obviously has no concept whatsoever about the art. My 6 yr. old grandson used mine when he was out with me and delivered some super pictures taken at the Botanical gardens in Durham England, although all I would trust him with was the "disposable"28-90 lens he still returned some great shots considering his age and lack of photographic know how. He regularly uses my minolta 800si and also does well with that camera. So my Belgium stick to gardening or something-cos you aint got any idea about photography. Cheers,Don

Snapshot Man.'s Response to unlucky.'s Review

Written on: 16/01/2003

Well, you cannot compare a Ferrari with a Ford Mustang. Sharp images have not been a problem for me since started using EOS 300. I suppose the problem is in the lens or somewhat. Hope you can resolve the problem.

63671_Unlucky.'s Response to unlucky.'s Review

Written on: 09/01/2003

Thanks for the answers. I took the camera back to the shop, and made the same pictures with two different lenses. I am still waiting for the results. What do I mean by 'not sharp'? I am comparing it to the Canon AE1, my parents used to own. Pictures taken with that one, are perfectly sharp. The shop owner confirmed you can not compare AE1 with EOS300. AE1 was the top level, EOS300 apparently is not.

62757_John.'s Response to unlucky.'s Review

Written on: 06/01/2003

Don't have a problem with my EOS300...sharp pictures, clear, good control......perhaps this guy bought a faulty camera or lens.....regardless...to say that you won't buy canon again is silly just because your not happy with one particular model...like me saying not going to KFC ever again because I didn't like their hotwings.

60882_David.'s Response to unlucky.'s Review

Written on: 28/12/2002

If you can't get a sharp image with a Canon lense you either have a one-off faulty lense or a bad shake.

Read 5 Comments

“I had this camera for two years or so. Autofocus works...”

Written on: 01/11/2002 by Dimitry Dobrenko. (1 review written)

I had this camera for two years or so. Autofocus works well and fast in most situations. I succeeded to shoot in total darkness due to the built-in pre-focus illumination. It has DOF (Depth-of-Field) preview, which is normally associated with higher-end cameras. Has opposite mode of sequence of picture shooting: the new film is initially prewinded to the take-up spool and then is rewinded to the original cartridge as you shoot your pics. This prevents the shots of being exposed if the… Read Full Review

“The body of the Eos 300 is light, not expensive and...”

Written on: 12/10/2002 by Jan. (1 review written)

The body of the Eos 300 is light, not expensive and has many features. Because the body is small, I use the Batterypack BP300 with second exposure button. I use two very good Sigma lenses 28/105 mm and 70 / 300 mm. I think they are better than the Canon standard lenses… Read Full Review

“The Canon EOS 300 is a great 35mm SLR camera. I had...”

Written on: 11/05/2002 by caleb. (1 review written)

The Canon EOS 300 is a great 35mm SLR camera. I had high expectations when I got it, I'm pleased to say it surpassed them :-)
Very versatile, excellent quality pics and a great price, I'd recommend it to amateur and pro alike. 10/10… Read Full Review

“This EOS300 35mm SLR camera from Canon is a great...”

Written on: 01/02/2002 by Sarah. (1 review written)

This EOS300 35mm SLR camera from Canon is a great little camera, easy to use but produces very good quality pictures. As yet I haven't had to compensate the light meter, even for backlight subjects, and the pop-up flash gives very good results.
The colours on the prints are excellent and the red-eye reduction works a treat!
I would recommend this camera to anyone who is on a budget, but wants a camera that gives quality results… Read Full Review