Alfa Romeo 164 T-Spark Lusso Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Alfa Romeo 164 T-Spark Lusso - Ask a question now

“When I wanted to buy a car. I was looking for a roomy...”

Written on: 21/12/2007 by photoman (62 reviews written)

When I wanted to buy a car. I was looking for a roomy car with good road handling, powerful but economic engine and good design.

I tried different cars and every candidate car had some of features that I wanted, but none of these cars really offered all of them in one piece.

A friend of mine that had in past Alfa 164 recommended me to add this car to list of candidates.
The first thing that I liked in 164 is impressive design - this car is really a great looker. Also there are not much of them in… Read Full Review

“Alfa Romeo - I bought my first Alfa years ago to scare...”

Written on: 05/02/2004 by DarkinHere (1 review written)

Alfa Romeo - I bought my first Alfa years ago to scare myself silly and it worked. Since then I have been driving various Beemers, a few Merc's, Jags and even a Boxster. Also had to suffer a Metro, a Rover 800 (not that bad, very comfy) and a Lancia Dedra (bits fell off every day!).
I thought it was time I go back to the only car that makes me enjoy driving, Alfa Romeo.
I now need a bigger, safer and more luxurious car so I chose a Alfa Romeo 164 T-Spark Lusso. The 2.0 litre is a better handler… Read Full Review

153941_Jgm9979's Response to DarkinHere's Review

Written on: 02/05/2004

I have a 1994 Alfa Romeo 2.0 T.Spark (Not A Lusso). I have to agree with your comments about the cars handling, great in the dry but things can get very sideways in the wet if you aren't careful, other than that its a beautiful car, its fast, reliable (so far!) and its got those gorgeous pininfarina lines. I had a problem with the rear crossmember, it was rotten, a rubbish design but I replaced it with a pukka AR one and thoroughly rustproofed it so that should be OK, and I have the seized handbrake problem, too. I had a cracked tank in the radiator as well but got it rebuilt for £85 and so far so good. I bought it a year ago for £600 with FSH, half a years MOT and my first bit of auction experience.

Read 1 Comment