AEG Electrolux L16830 Reviews

• Style

• Service & Support

AEG Electrolux L16830 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AEG Electrolux L16830

“2x in 3 jaar kapot en hoge reparatiekosten voor mijn...”

written by naan on 10/06/2013

Wasmachine AE Electrolux was 2 keer binnen 3 jaar kapot gegaan met als laatste de lagers. Na ellenlange conversatie hierover hadden ze alleen als mogelijkheid om een reparateur te sturen voor 300 euro. Belachelijk!

“aegl16850”

written by on 24/03/2012

Program control board broke down in first 3 months, was changed under warranty but then it suffered the same thing 14months later out of warranty. Always had hotpoints that lasted forever before this aeg. Shame coz the machine is so quiet and efficient, but no good if the main board keeps stopping - cost to repair £235 !!! VERY UNHAPPY INDEED

“I bought this for speed , silence and convenience...”

written by jujay on 15/03/2010

I bought this for speed , silence and convenience having 2 babies under 2 . I hoped this amazing machine would be value for money at 550GBP. After 14 months just after the warranty expired the PCB board is worn out - cost for part and repair = 243GBP !!!. AFter reading other reviews this is a very common problem . I wish I had bought a hotpoint for 240GBP now in the first place - my last Hotpoint lasted 10years & didn't cost me an extra penny !! can you believe that !! I should never have got rid of it only it was noisy on the spin .
I wish I had know that the lifespan of AEG L16850 was only the length of the warranty - I would have just bought a basic model washer dryer .

Guest's Response to jujay's Review

Written on: 19/07/2012

My 4 year old AEG Washer Dryer is uneconomical to repair after only 4 years of light use, with exactly the same problem. I too have had washing machines that have lasted 10-12 years in the past. I'll never buy AEG again!

“I have owned two AEG washer dryers both of which have...”

written by on 05/01/2010

I have owned two AEG washer dryers both of which have irrepairably broken down. The first after two years and then I mistakenly bought another thinking it must be an improved model and that conked out after two and a half years. I would avoid AEG in future.

“I have had problem after problem with AEG Electrolux...”

written by on 27/09/2009

I have had problem after problem with AEG Electrolux L16830 washing machine and service has been out 4 times(once a week) replace 2 parts and it still isn't working. Water leaked on hardwood floors and Electrolux will not replace washer until after all floor damaged is disputed, which will take 6 weeks. So I am with out a washing machine and will have to wait until the dispute is settle as it will be replaced. it is 8 months new.

“I carried out quite a bit of research when buying a...”

written by evo5dave on 22/09/2008

I carried out quite a bit of research when buying a AEG Electrolux L16830 and it appears to have paid off. Was torn between this and a Bosch model of similar price but this has substantially more features and a much faster spin cycle. The machine is incredibly heavy but this appears to pay dividends as it is much less prone to vibration than cheaper machines. Have read reviews about appalling vibrations on this machine but it should be noted that the 'shipping bolts' are not mentioned in the installation instructions and if they are not removed, it will shake your house down!

“Before my review of the AEG Electrolux L16830, I must...”

written by johnkirk4502 on 01/07/2008

Before my review of the AEG Electrolux L16830, I must stress that you'd do well to avoid purchasing from Pixmania. I found their customer service is very very poor.

I tried to contact them about 10 times over a 4-day period just prior to delivery, on their stated customer line. Each time, after listening to the recorded message, I would select the appropriate option, and then wait. The phone went dead after 30 seconds?
If you never need to contact them, and all goes well with delivery, and the item is not damaged nor defective, then I suppose you are lucky as you will not need to contact them.

I subsequently contacted them several times by email, since the phone method was unsuccessful, but then I only got a standard response saying when the item was due to be delivered.

Now for the item itself.

Most impressed by the very quiet main motor. It is virtually 100% silent during the wash cycle part - honestly! You do hear the clothes sloshing around in the drum though. You do hear the other motor(s)/pumps - average noise level for these. The higher spin speeds are noisier of course, but still quieter than the other 3 machines I've had over the past 25 years.

I don't understand why the wash cycles are so long though - around 2 hours. My previous washer dryer was A-rated for washing, yet the entire cycle was under 1 hour. You can of course reduce the 2 hrs on this machine to around 1 hr, but only if you select a quick wash option or similar.

“Having tried every detergent, liquid , powder and...”

written by Jean victoria on 27/06/2008

Having tried every detergent, liquid , powder and tablets in this AEG Electrolux L16830 now thinking of getting rid of the machine as cycles take too long with the additional rinsing and therefore more water and electricity.
Was recommended by Which but DID state needed extra rinsing but not surely three or more cycles!