Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Reviews

Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo

Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo

“I got it from a Guy that did not want his Wife to get...”

Written on: 04/04/2010 by ztech2 (4 reviews written)

I got it from a Guy that did not want his Wife to get her hands on it in a upcomeing Divorce, for 4,000 in 2004 it was like new. I drove it in the summer over the years and in 2009 drove it to Florida and killed the engine, so I put in a Twin Turbo engine and other things (500hp).The car is so timeless, powerfull it can make you fell like Superman and the best thing people move out of your way even the MAN some times,but the best is going a year and not seeing a person driveing a car like yours.

“This is my 4th and they just get better, ”

Written on: 25/03/2010

This is my 4th and they just get better,
You can pick theses up for £1500-£2000 WARNING stay away your just looking for trouble,
IF you are to buy one spend at least £3500 onwards look at the body work for rot then listen to the engine for any knocking,
If all clear go for it :)best bet is to buy off a nissan nutt like me
once you have got what you want, you THINK it drives fine like mine TIP TAKE IT TO JEFF AT ZED WORLD FOR A GOOD OLD TINKERING
THE MAN KNOWS HIS ONIONS

Asdfgh12121's Comment

Written on: 05/12/2012

whats worth more a 91 300zx z32 2+2 or 300zx z32 fairlady?

Read 1 Comment

“I bought this car when I eventually found out what the...”

Written on: 02/10/2009 by marbler (1 review written)

I bought this car when I eventually found out what the bloody thing was called!!!!
I used to see these cars every now and then as they're so rare,but never knew what the car was.
Luckily,I saw one parked up and took all the details that I could and then reviewed it.
Nissan Fairlady 300zx?..........Never heard of one!
All I knew was,I wanted one!
When my grandad died(god bless him),he left me some money and I bought one almost straight away.I have never looked back.
It is practical,a little juicy,but one of the most sexy,curvy,meaty sounding cars on the road and I love her.
I replaced the exhaust system with an HKS super Dragger and new HKS air intake.Every time I go shopping with the other half,it sounds like I'm on a racetrack and there is no end of people looking around to see the Maelstrom that is aproaching.
I will keep this car until she eventually dies.......But I will try my upmost to revive her every time.
Long live the Fairlady 300zx.
A classic you'll agree.

“Very very expensive to build up. i finally had to...”

Written on: 20/01/2009

Very very expensive to build up. i finally had to build a brand new engine and installed. with all the people who thought they new what they were doing all the japanese engine and the one that said his engine was rebuilt plus the guy you actually knew what he was doing ,,,,$14,750 , plus the $9000 from the other three that ruined it to the one who worked on air cond. and all the parts in between... another $7000 and the car which i bought 6 years ago for 11000 . the car had almost 72,000 miles it now 4 years later "almost 72000 miles .. buy one in good really good shape. mine was in good shape and i had to have more power . now it has 500
+ hp and "so what" have not driven it in 4 years

“Just bought a twin-turbo, what a car! Awesome! puts a...”

Written on: 03/09/2008

Just bought a twin-turbo, what a car! Awesome! puts a smile on your face every time you drive it! Paid 3k, boy has it paid off already I believe!
Go for one! well worth it!

“First class looking, driving, owning and at such a...”

Written on: 25/07/2008

First class looking, driving, owning and at such a great price - I will have more of these. I have owned my 300zx for three years and used it as my every day car. It has been a fantastic car to own and really good fun.

“The nissan 300zx twin turbo is one of the greatest and...”

Written on: 23/05/2008

The nissan 300zx twin turbo is one of the greatest and affordable sports cars ever made. In my opiniion it looks much better than a rx7, more aggressive than a Supra but equally fast. The sound of the 3.0l, v6 twin turbo sounds amazing and heads alway turns.
My one is a 1993 300zx twin turbo, it is so fast 0-60: 5.2secs, no modification has been done and completely original. I had no trouble beating a Supra twin turbo, because it depends on the driver because the stats are so similar. Don't buy a Supra twin turbo, Rx7 twin turbo or 3000gt twin turbo, buy a 300zx twin turbo I love mine.

“I have owned a '90 Nissan 300ZX turbo since 4/'92....”

Written on: 23/04/2008 by jtdavi (1 review written)

I have owned a '90 Nissan 300ZX turbo since 4/'92. It's white/red leather int. Has only 63.3 k miles and I've driven all but 1st 6k. Has been the greatest car I've ever owned. Stored every winter, it's never had any snow, salt, very little rain. Driven in summers only, maybe 1500-3000 miles/yr. Only repair ever done is replaced water pump, timing belts, fan belts, thermostat. That's it. Except for 17" whls, and lowered, it's completely stock looking. This is value for those looking for a timeless classic beauty of a GT car.....Great road manners, very fast, and very well-built.

“I own a 90 white Nissan 300zx tt with a Stillen body...”

Written on: 17/04/2008 by crazzz (1 review written)

I own a 90 white Nissan 300zx tt with a Stillen body kit on it...it sure makes heads turn even today, though it could use a little bit of touch up as far as the exterior is concerned.

“ZX forever. Every time you get in to drive it is just...”

Written on: 21/03/2008

ZX forever. Every time you get in to drive it is just pure bliss. Very solid on the road and a pleasure to drive and with plenty of power to the rear wheels.

“I own a 93 UK twin turbo in bright red. I don't even...”

Written on: 23/02/2008 by achaudhry (1 review written)

I own a 93 UK twin turbo in bright red. I don't even want to compare it with any other car as I consider it the best from each and every point. This is a car that ticks all the boxes for a true performance car. It has its aggressive sporty looks which even after 15 years are better than any new sports car. Mine is now running at 550 bhp and is a monster. Me after spending £5k on engine was thinking whether its worth it or not, I have got the answer after driving it - YES, it was worth every single penny. You sit and drive- the joy and excitement you get takes you into another world. We should really respect the fact that this car offers a lot for a very less amount of money. Its rivals, most of them stand at about £30-40k can't compete with its performance. It is very comfortable to sit in and looks like a spaceship from inside. It is a true driver's car that puts a smile on face for people sitting in and make the heads turn for people outside. I highly recommend owning this future classic.

“I own a 93 fairlady and I think she is awesome, I gave...”

Written on: 27/01/2008 by mark300zx (1 review written)

I own a 93 fairlady and I think she is awesome, I gave £3000 a year ago and have never looked back. She has 17" momo arrows, lowered suspension, uprated torsion stiffness, full stainless exhaust and looks great in white pearl. My friend has a Lotus Elise S2 which is very nice, but at £14000 it should be, but nothing buts a smile on my face like the zx does, the four wheel steering and no turbo lag is just the best, its foot down and hold on for take off. I love over taking knowing if they accelerate I still have a lot more to go. When the roofs off its fantastic and looks even better, if you want a cool fast inexpensive car what you waiting for.

“Very good car I recommend it::)”

Written on: 01/01/2008

Very good car I recommend it::)

“Nissan have done the impossible. They have added...”

Written on: 09/11/2007 by shahspice (1 review written)

Nissan have done the impossible. They have added wheels to a thunder storm! If this car had wings it would take off!! That 3 litre V6 QuadCam 24 Valve engine is awesome. Theres not much on the road that even comes close. I raced a guy in fancy 2004 BMW M3, and sure it was a quick car but once I opened up the Z there was no mistake which machine was top dog! Cars like the M3 and Ferrari 355 are beautiful but at what cost?? The 300zx looks and sounds expensive, but it isnt! And thats the beauty about owning one. Long live the ZED.

“I started out with a 92 convertible and was supremely...”

Written on: 23/07/2007 by mas3407 (1 review written)

I started out with a 92 convertible and was supremely pleased with the car. Now though due to some technical issues with the original motor I am now upgrading to a JDM twin turbo which isn't a fun switch work-wise but I'll appreciated the extra effort once it's finished.

“I've built my own Z32 for around 2-3 years now and it...”

Written on: 07/01/2007 by sammu72 (4 reviews written)

I've built my own Z32 for around 2-3 years now and it runs beautifully - I did quite a lot of technical works on it. As the Topgear show says the "300ZX is still THE super car of choice". Great value for money and still built with technology that the big brands just can't provide.

“With just the basic care the Nissan 300ZX will last...”

Written on: 01/10/2005 by eddiezed (1 review written)

With just the basic care the Nissan 300ZX will last and run well for a long time. The sound of the engine winding up then down is pure music to the ears, especially on the open highways where these cars seem to thrive like race horses let loose. I have 147,000 miles on my 93 TT, which just underwent a $12,000 dollar drive train suspension and brake upgrade, now it performs like it was really meant to do over 400HP. More upgrades are in it's future, plus eventually a kit and its final paint job. Only someone who appreciates this car can understand why so many people are so passionate about it. I refuse to put down anybodies preference i.e. Supra, and NSX etc. There is enough highway out there for all of us.

“I own a 1991 Nissan 300ZX since 2001 and I haven't...”

Written on: 14/09/2005 by shah0786 (1 review written)

I own a 1991 Nissan 300ZX since 2001 and I haven't looked back since. The car is a pleasure to drive, it looks expensive, and goes like a rocket. It's pumping out 320 BHP at the moment. I've had the ECU upgraded, Full stainless steal exhaust and new turbos fitted. I raced a bright red Ferrari 355 last summer, it looked nice in my rear veiw mirror!! Why won't Nissan build a new 300ZX? The 350Z was awfull and the Skyline is too expensive to own, so come on Nissan get your act together!!

Raiders1986Okland's Response to shah0786's Review

Written on: 12/10/2005

I can't decide which car to buy a 1992-1996 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo or a 1993 Mitsubishi 3000Gt Twin Turbo/VR-4. I researched both cars really hard but I can't just not decide. 300zx is a very nice car put I just don't like the fact that the speedo says 160MPH and the 3000Gt spedo says 180MPH. I would like to now what car would be best, which car would win in a drag race a long race or basically which car is faster the zx is much more expensive put the 3000gt is not. I could buy both but I only would want to buy one, if I buy both I might as well buy a 05 Corvette 400HP that goes 190-240MPH.

244855_Chegmaster's Response to shah0786's Review

Written on: 29/05/2006

I own a 300zx and I personally like the Z over the 3000gt for the simple fact that it is more of a unique car and I don't think there are as many 3000gt enthusiasts out there... If you are looking for speed only and don't care about cost I would buy a Corvette z06... those cars are very fast and you get the most for your $. If your looking for something fast and reliable for the money the Z is the only way to go.

Read 2 Comments

“Ahh The Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo (R32) A true Super...”

Written on: 05/09/2005 by carl300zx (1 review written)

Ahh The Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo (R32) A true Super Car, what else can be said about this ageless road going missile?

This is a car not for the faint hearted, or the fuel conscious driver, if it is performance you want this is the car for you, but it comes at a price! Although, it is extremely reliable providing proper and regular maintenance and oil changes with good quality oil are undertaken, this is a must.

The car in standard form will catapult you from standstill to well over 100mph in a heart beat, putting red faces on many a BMW driver, but this is usually not enough, we want more horse power, more speed to a car that will allready see off most other vehicles on the road. Now we start to get into the big league where the big money is spent, a very respectable 400bhp is easily obtainable for around a £1,000, this is just the start, 600 or 700bhp + is possible but will cost you in excess of £6000+, where does it end?

This is not by any means a practical car to pop the family down the shops in, this should be considerd unless you can put up with the moans from those in the rear, not to mention the moans of how much your spending on fuel and the go faster bits.

I would recomend to anyone thinking of buying one, to buy the best example you can afford, proper service history is a must, preferably a UK car in manuel form. The UK car has a few benefits over imports, better head lighting, (although still not great) better underbody sealent, better breaks, head light bulbs easier to obtain as wiring different to imported models, speedometer is in mph as opposed to Kmh and UK speck is unlimited, engine codeing is in English too, I believe insurance can be cheaper than imports too. What you will sacrifice is retracting mirrors and a few other minor details, its a small sacrifice I also belive Japanese spec cars are 286bhp, UK spec cars are 300bhp. Manual over Auto as performance is far superior than the Auto (Ihave had both) also higher bhp is obtainable with the manual. There you have it the choice is yours, but anyone thinking of obtaining a 300zx TT should remember it is a performance car and expect to pay the price! Good luck you will not be disappointed.

Shah0786's Response to 208913_carl300zx's Review

Written on: 13/10/2005

Your 300zx may be a little quick, but my supercharged Robin Reliant will thrash it!! I have had a £30 respray done to it, a one off Yellow with pink go faster stripes. I made the exhaust with my own bare hands out of bog roll and sticky back plastic. A pink steering wheel to go with the stripes and furry dice. Under the bonnet theres a whopping 850cc reliant engine that only takes half an hour to reach 60mph. Its a rocket on three wheels. The chicks love it, a true supercar.

Read 1 Comment

“The Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo is one of the best cars...”

Written on: 31/10/2004 by the steveo (3 reviews written)

The Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo is one of the best cars i've ever had, just looked the great! Look out for kev-boyed up ones though as they can and will be expensive to repair. Make sure it has FSH and turbo's must be changed at 60k or expect big problems to the tune of £4000!
My model was a TDI enhanced 500 bhp monster, spent over £9000 on engine/mechanical mods!