Srixon I 601 Reviews

Srixon I 601 - Ask a question now

“Srixon Irons? Really?”

Written on: 10/10/2015 by m30kle (2 reviews written)

The Srixon i-601 irons are the best irons I have used in 40 years of playing golf. I have always favoured clubs with more offset than these ie. Ping, Callaway X14 that type of club. I play off 6 and have played to 2 in my prime. I guess I just fancied a change, I liked the latest Taylormade Irons in American Golf and was suprised that I liked the look of the less offset. By chance a listing on eBay was in the wrong category and I bought the Srixon i-601 irons 4-pw on a whim and for £89.00. I regripped them and cleaned the heads and have never regretted the purchase. I have used them for 18 months and not considered changing them. The 4 iron is SO easy to hit, the sweetspot seems huge, the flight on the ball is perfect. Distance is just where I would like it, the lofts are strong, so on a summers day with no wind, a 9 iron comfortable goes 150 yards. I could bang on about these all day, so don't feel like you are taking a step backwards because Srixon make balls not clubs right? you won't regret it! Srixon are the biggest club manufacturer in Japan and they like their kit to be the best. I also play a Srixon WR Driver. If I had any critisisms, it would be that I would like more options for Srixon Wedges and hybrids to ADD to the irons.

“Just purchased this set of Srixon I601 irons. My shot...”

Written on: 05/11/2008 by robnunn (1 review written)

Just purchased this set of Srixon I601 irons. My shot accuracy is fantastic and the feel is excellent. Give great confidence when addressing the ball and are very forgiving without losing control. Lost about 5 yards distance when compared to my old Cleveland hi bores, but the accuracy more that makes up for it. Overall a great set of cubs.

“THe Srixon I 601 feel great not the best looking club...”

Written on: 06/03/2008

THe Srixon I 601 feel great not the best looking club but look good and feel comfortably from above when you address the ball

“I am a Senior golfer playing off h/c of 11. Traded my...”

Written on: 24/07/2007 by airlink (1 review written)

I am a Senior golfer playing off h/c of 11. Traded my Ping i3+ irons due to loss of distance as age took its toll.

Immediately impressed by the looks of the 601's and as I had already tried graphite in other irons I decided to go down this route.
The price was so good that I took a chance on the Srixons before trying but I understand that Srixon do have a trial facility.
I was so impressed from the outset with these irons, the SV 3007 graphite shaft is the lightest I have every experienced in irons at only 63 grams but I had no trouble controlling with my medium swing speed. The irons are giving a high launch and low spin which has given me back the lost distance - and some more. I am hitting my 5 iron around 175 yds without a lot of effort. The shock absorb system gives the irons a good feel. The irons came with a 1 year guarantee and when I emailed Srixon UK for details of the lofts I had a response within a couple of hours.
Highly recommended.