Ebac 2650e Reviews

• Style

• Service & Support

Ebac 2650e - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ebac 2650e

“Returned so many times ”

written by on 10/01/2024

I have owned an Ebac dehumidifier for almost 3 years now and only use it during the winter months so probably about 12 months running so far. It has been back to Ebac for repair 5 times as the first time it became very noisy after 3 weeks of use. All the other times it was repaired as the fan stopped working in some modes.I have just received the dehumidifier back from being repaired again and it is noisier than before so I have to switch it off at night now. It is also not extracting anywhere near as much water as before. I am always pleased with the customer service at Ebac but shall definitely not be buying this make again due to its unreliability and loudness.

“Never buy again”

written by GSRIguess on 21/05/2023

Later Ebac dehumidiers are rubbish because they do not last. Gone are the days when they manufactured good models which lasted. All the ones I purchased that then failed were the newer models in the 2000 series plastic case. The older simple models might not have been so efficient but they soldiered on.

“Short Life”

written by Aimeep13 on 26/10/2014

Worked a treat for about 2years , drawing bucket-loads of water from the air, cured all condensation in the room. Was also very quiet. Then suddenly it stopped, the repair cost is an un-known quantity until its inspected minimum 50£ charge - so could be much higher . I wont get it fixed , will purchase a new one instead - but not another Ebac as I have read quite a few poor reviews. It seems they are great when they work, but are prone to failure.

“Had three of these over a 7 yr time span and all of...”

written by on 17/02/2014

Had three of these over a 7 yr time span and all of them have failed -without fail- on a yearly basis. Each time these have been "repaired" by Ebac, but as stated by others, you have to take a day off work each time for them to come and collect and then to redeliver it back to you. This products reliability needs vastly improving. However when it does work it's great at removing condensation.

“Lasted five weeks before breaking down”

written by on 13/01/2014

Having read some good reviews, I decided this product was just what I needed and bought one. Five weeks later it stopped working - not even the display works. Because i purchased from a store rather than Ebac direct, they refused to replace it and the fact that it is their product seems to make no difference. So I have taken two days off work for collection & return only to plug it in and find that the machine still doesn't work. The product is rubbish and I recommend that anyone looking to buy a dehumidifier opts for a different brand.

“2650e excellent”

written by denisehurst on 10/01/2014

Purchased my dehumidifier in February 2009 and have had no trouble with it until now (Jan 2014) when it started leaking. Telephoned Ebac who arranged to have it collected at no charge as I was still under 5 year warranty. Machine was returned one week later as promised and working perfectly again. Customer service was excellent and I would recommend this machine to anyone, it keeps condensation down (although not entirely the whole house)and helps with drying washing during wetter weather which is why we purchased this in the first place.

“It works fine”

written by FreddyFoley on 09/12/2013

I have been using one of these for more then 3 years and I must say that i have no complaints. I use it throughout the whole winter and it works fine.

“Works well”

written by on 24/11/2013

Have owned one of these for about 5 years. For 6 months it lives in the garage, for the other 6 it operates in the house usually on low speed and on auto. Does just what it should without any problems

“Poor reliability”

written by on 17/10/2013

Good on water collection but poor on reliability. Owned the power Pac 18 for less than a year and it has already broken twice! Each time it breaks you have to wait a day for them to pick it up and then dedicate another day of work for them to return it! That's 4 days it's cost me so far and far from getting an apology from Ebac I got some grumpy woman with a chip on her shoulder being rude on the phone. don't buy!

“poor backup”

written by shopper366 on 27/04/2013

be aware they change the equipment but dont hold stock of spares so after a short time you cant get it fixed & they will offer you a pathetic 10% off a new one.

“Best on the market”

written by annac55 on 09/01/2013

I am reading all these awful reviews about Ebac dehumidifiers and obviously you cant all be wrong, but my experience with them is totally different and would not consider buying any other make. The first one my parents bought in 1976 when they were first manufactured. This ugly monstrosity is still.... 36 years on working perfectly. It has been used continuously, not stored away for a time. Still getting a full water tank daily. I had a smaller model too which I gave to my sister 10 years ago, and yes it is still working fine. I purchased my present one the Ebac265e 5 years ago when I bought my house. It runs 24 hours a day, though if set to economy does turn off too often. The old monster has been relegated to a freezing unheated porch because of bad mildew last winter. So far no mildew, no moisture and much warmer shoes as it heats up the porch too. It is just noisier than the newer one, but that's acceptable for its age. Maybe I am just lucky to have got 3 brilliant machines out of the hundreds apparently everyone else has problems with.

“Best Dehumidifier Money Can Buy”

written by davidlaw29 on 26/09/2012

The EBAC 2650E Model is by far the best Dehumidifier I have ever purchased, it even has a self cut out device, which is extremely useful. Living next to a River, our house gets flooded at least twice a year, and we have always struggled to find a reliable and cost effective solution for drying out our Kitchen and hall way area of our house. The EBAC model is exceptional, in addition the noise is far less than previous brands we have used. If you need a good anti damp solution, this model is perfect. I really cant recommend it enough.

Margaretlopez's Response to davidlaw29's Review

Written on: 16/06/2013

Just what we needed. Integral carry handle so possible to move it from one room to another. Has made a difference to the condensation levels in the house; also bought an electronic weather station at the same time so that can see the humidity level and know when I need to put the dehumidifier on.

“Product not bad, Customer service awful”

written by on 25/01/2012

Had the product for 3 months and have to say it's not bad in terms of operation, shuts off when it should and is pretty quiet. However, when it came to ordering new filters, the customer service and delivery times from ebac are laugable. It says on their website, orders despatched within 24 hours. A week later my filters were despatched! It then says, after despatch to allow 3-4 days delivery - 2 weeks later my filters arrived! Throughout this time, i emailed customer service who sent a sharp email back telling me delivery takes 14 working days - this for some reason is not mentioned when you order?? Towards the end of the second week, i telephone customer service and was told by a very rude and offhand lady that i should wait 14 days. I told her I had waited longer than this and she told me, oh well it'll be another couple of weeks - mid February, to which she then put the phone down! So overall, the product is let down by arrogant and offhand British customer service. Needless to say, i wouldn't buy from this company EVER again!

“poor reliability”

written by stuartleeengineering on 05/10/2011

having had ebac dehumidifiers(eight in total) over the last twenty five years i felt patriotic supporting british industry. i always have two running, one in my house and the second in my machine shop, condensation and machine tools make very incompatable bedfellows. the fist three pairs i could not fault their reliability and when replaced were passed on to family and friends i believe some are still functioning perfectly.however the last pair, both failed within six months after the twelve months warranty period expired. these have now been replaced by similar capacity delonghi products i appreciate it is early days as they have only been in service some eleven months but up to now i am impressed by their effiency and ease of operation.come on ebac look to your laurels!

“This has the looks of being a good dehumidifier, if it...”

written by Disgrunteld on 12/05/2011

This has the looks of being a good dehumidifier, if it wasnt completly rubbish. Ebac cannot repair it worth a light, it has now failed to performm as advertised on 5 occasions and is currently with them for the 6th time.Its only 14monthe old. The warranty has to be 5 years, one with you and 4 years back at ebac!!!
Was conned into thinking that buying british would be a good idea.
Never again.
Dont buy this, the collection driver tells me that ebac have a 7.5 ton wagon load returning to them each week.

“I purchased my Ebac 2650e after finding condensation...”

written by on 23/03/2011

I purchased my Ebac 2650e after finding condensation running down the bedroom windows, I was unsure which model to buy from the shop where I purchased but remembered my parents having an Ebac when I was at home so went for the model that suited my home.
Could'nt believe the difference it makes and the landing area feels much warmer when it has been running, still unsure how it collects so much water. My only disapointment was that after visiting Ebacs website(www.ebac.com)to buy replacement filters I realised I could have got it cheaper and with a 5 year warranty, still I can not complain about the service I recieve and will definately buy direct next time.

“Having inherited an old style Ebac some time ago I...”

written by hpa on 23/03/2011

Having inherited an old style Ebac some time ago I thought it was about time that I came into the 21st century. The friendly customer service team were happy to answer all my questions and help me choose the most appropriate model. I was very pleased that the unit came with a free 5 year warranty as purchased directly from Ebac. Using the Smart Control setting is so simple - it's a one touch operation. This new unit has collected more water than our old one did and the windows have been free from any condensation. As an added bonus, I never use my dryer any more. I place the clothes airer around the dehumidifier and clothes are dry at no extra cost. Can't recommend this model highly enough - well worth the money.

“Unit failed to recover water after a few weeks use. ”

written by on 12/03/2011

Unit failed to recover water after a few weeks use.
Returned to Ebac for repair, not sure why a replacement would have been more apropriate for a unit failing so soon.
Returned after 8 days repaired????
Noticed large wet puddle under unit after two days and on inspection discovered the lower case to be damaged.
Currently waiting yet another return to Ebac.
So far in last 4 months I have had 2 -3 weeks actual use.
So if considering Ebac I would think again.
From my experience I can not recomend this particular dehumidifier - unreliable.

“Have been using a 2650e for almost a year now and I...”

written by on 03/03/2011

Have been using a 2650e for almost a year now and I can't believe the difference it makes. We keep it in our conservatory which we were about to replace (its an old wooden framed one that often leaks in).

Since we've started using this dehumidifier though, we've not had any leaks and I think its because the wooden frame doesn't get saturated. We certainly have no condensation problems any more.

I was a little concerned that it may be noisy after reading some reviews but it's not a problem at all. Its not silent but it just has a soft hum (a bit like our fridge, I'd say)

Definitely one of the best products we've bought.

“Ebac 2650e - We bought this because of a condensation...”

written by gernella on 19/11/2010

Ebac 2650e - We bought this because of a condensation problem in our bedroom after a new bed had been purchased. It cleared it up immediately. Very quiet on the low setting but a bit noisier on automatic, although you soon get used to it. We don't have the radiator on in the bedroom but this just throws enough heat out for it not to be too uncomfortable. The only thing I am not happy with is the fact that we get regular power cuts and it knocks the memory out straight away so for another 18 hours or so it is running all the time before it settles down and turns itself off to suit the level of condensation. You would think by now they would have some feature so it retains the memory. We use the Econ feature all the time now. To be honest I wish we had bought one last year when the trouble started. Made in the UK as well so you are for once buying British.