Anthony Formal Wear Reviews

Anthony Formal Wear - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Anthony Formal Wear

“RUDE!”

written by Ramiro488 on 09/09/2023

Absolutely no sign of any customer service! The elderly man and the sour-faced woman are rude, ignorant people. They walk past and totally ignore waiting customers, even though you have an appointment. These two would fit in well with those requiring a ‘mourning’ suit not a ‘morning’ suit! All it takes is someone to say ‘good morning, please take a seat and someone will be with you shortly’. Not in this miserable place. There is no seating for anyone at all, so any elderly or infirm family members in your party have to stand. Accompanying wives and girlfriends have to stand throughout. They managed to get 25% of the order correct, the majority had to go back for last minute alterations. Very poor overall.

“Shame on you”

written by MarielaO'Sullivan37 on 15/11/2016

Very rude, disorganised, misinformed, dated and incompetent would be the kinder words for this company. For such special occasions you don't mind paying for expert advice and a little time made available by the staff for a suit to be chosen and measured. Your money will be wasted at this company as they have either lost this concept or have never learnt it. What a shambles. Nice suits are available, should one be in stock to even try on....'we are busy you know,' or even supplied in your size when it is required. You will get better quality suits and advice if you take time to check others out.

“good but not for everyone i suppose. ”

written by on 08/04/2012

I went to Anthonys after being recommended by another shop that I visited (I ended up going back to that shop). They had some lovely suits and really nice waistcoats but the staff were a bit rude at times, they did not seem to really care too much. I wanted something a bit different but was told that what i wanted was not what people are supposed to wear for weddings. Or words to that affect. I think what I wanted just did not fit with what they were selling and this did not seem to sit well with them for some reason. I was quite disappointed to be honest as I was told that this shop had some unusual designs but what I saw was the same sort of thing I had seen everywhere else. In the end I went back with the first company I went to and was much happier there (see my other reviews). a good shop, it looked great and the suits were really good quality just not for me.

“Amazing! Loved it!”

written by on 18/10/2011

Although we arrived to find an extremely busy shop, we found that several members of staff noticed us and apologised for us having to wait to be served. The collection was vast and a little over powering at first but when we were served (pretty quickly even with all those people) the member of staff spent time talking and listening to our requirements and budgets before showing us several outfits that fitted the bill. Unlike several other shops we had been into my partner was able to try on several outits until he found what he was looking for and then the assistant suggested several ways to make him stand out from the other men. The range was amazing the assistant was extremely helpful with some great suggestions and comments. I know several friends will be looking to hire in the future for their weddings and I would tell them not to go anywhere else!!! Well done Anthonys

“Stylish affordable high quality suits friendly service”

written by joffo123 on 07/10/2011

I originaly went to Anthony Formalwear for my wedding suit, I was so impressed with the service that I also ordered some work suits. Everything arrived as promised and fitted perfectly. I have since purchased shirts and ties and as above they are great. I dealt with Iain who patiently showed me the swatches and explained the process from begining to end. Most impresively and unlike other shops he understood my budget and didnt try to sell me something I didnt want or couldnt afford. I would heartily recomend these guys and especially Iain to anybody.

“Great suits, poor service”

written by on 10/09/2011

We were very pleased to find such great suits at Anthonys and ordered them 6 months in advance - there was a wide selection and the shop was very busy so we were happy to order them. However, the day before the wedding when my husband went to collect them luckily they checked as they had given him the wrong suit! They ended up giving him one from the shop which luckily fitted him but had not been tailored like the others. The buttons on the other suits did not much - some were plastic and some material so they had to be changed, then one of the usher's trousers were too long so the groom and usher had to go back the morning of the wedding so the shop could alter them. Although wedding party all looked amazing on the day, we were disappointed with the level of service we received - especially after ordering them so far in advance and after paying £1000 for the suits!

“Wow, what a shop. I've never seen such a wide and...”

written by on 25/01/2011

Wow, what a shop. I've never seen such a wide and diverse collection and believe me I've looked. The service we require was second to none and I would go as far as to say it was better than a lot of the bridal shops I've been into for my dress. The quality is superb, and although a little expensive you do get the best quality. Even so the cost of the rest of the boys outfits were very reasonable. I would suggest that all my friends go there first.

“We went to Anthonies in Billericaly, it was a lovely...”

written by millieminer on 04/12/2008

We went to Anthonies in Billericaly, it was a lovely shop with some lovely suits. But the member of staff we spoke to was really pushy and was quoting prices way out of our budget.