Lou Lou's, Wakefield Reviews

5.0
  • Quality of service

• Quality of food

Lou Lou's, Wakefield - Ask a question now

“Do not be put off by the name (Lou Lou's is rather a...”

written by caz28 on 09/04/2007

Do not be put off by the name (Lou Lou's is rather a strange choice), as this is an excellent quality restaurant. We started off our evening at Lou Lou's with a drink in the bar. The bar area is sectioned of from the main restaurant, which is a great idea, as you sometimes feel like you are being rushed if you are being watched by people waiting in the bar. We settled on the comfy leather sofas, with us ladies having a fantastically made gin and tonic (I feel you can always judge somewhere on how well they can make a G&T), and the men enjoyed Peroni larger.

When we sat down to eat, we were presented with two menus; the main and the chef's specials; both with an extensive array (but not too many dishes). I wouldn't necessarily call the restaurant Italian, but it does have a leaning that way, but more meat and fish than pizza and pasta. I opted for a scallop and prawn dish for starters, which was beautiful. While my fianc had a mozzarella salad. For my main course I had the fillet steak Rossini, which came with lovely home made chips, and was cooked medium to perfection. My fianc had a 'posh' mixed grill, which included fillet steak, venison and lamb chops; all were fantastic cuts of meat. One of our friends had a seafood spaghetti (his favourite), and said it was one of the best he had ever had!

The restaurant felt al a carte, with prices to match, but the portions were on the larger side, which meant we didn't leave hungry. The decor was nice, and there was a soothing ambiance. I wouldn't say it would be good for large groups but it is lovely for couples and small groups.

I would recommend this place to all, as it's a fantastic new addition to the Wakefield restaurant scene, and it beats places like Quo Vadis hands down.