The Entertainer Reviews

• Layout of shop

The Entertainer - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The Entertainer

The Entertainer

“Never buy from Entertainer toys”

Written on: 05/07/2022 by RavindraP (1 review written)

I bought paw patrol toy for my daughter few days ago. It doesn't work as it shows on the box. So I went to get refund or even exchange back to where I bought it from. Manager wouldn't do refund because they can not resell it since I have opened the box. There was no way I can checked the toy without opening it. But the fact is it doesn't work as it shows on the outer packaging and there is no clear indication or instructions inside or outside the box that says otherwise. I was so frustrated I left the toy on the shop counter and left the shop. NEVER BUY FROM ENTERTAINER TOYS.

“Lovely toy shop”

Written on: 29/10/2021 by AmyLo94 (1 review written)

Me and my kids have been going here for years always have good prices and bargains.Everytime we're in the city centre we always pop in here in either Cabot or galleries stores. Staff have always been polite and great with kids.. My kids like the fact they have steps going up to the checkout for them to pay for the own toy and put up for the checkout person.

“Lovely toy shop”

Written on: 29/10/2021 by AmyLo94 (1 review written)

“The worst toy shop out there. Avoid!”

Written on: 02/12/2019 by gchester (1 review written)

1 star: Bad Useless website, with an ordering system not fit for purpose, and rude, patronising customer service staff! Ordered 2 items at 8.57am for click and collect from their Staines store, which was showing as in stock, and the money was taken from my credit card. However by 3pm I still had not received an email saying it was ready to collect, so I contacted "customer service" who said the items were not in stock even though they had accepted my order and taken £46 of my money! The member of staff was very rude and patronising and was pratically making fun of the fact that my sons Christmas has been ruined by The Entertainers incompetance. AN ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES!! AVOID!

“Appalling customer service Horsham”

Written on: 11/07/2019 by Averye289 (1 review written)

Appalling customer service at the Horsham store.....will not refund on a faulty product basically called me a liar. Will not be using again and woukd advise others to shop elsewhere.

“Poor service”

Written on: 31/12/2018 by CameronSnyder494 (1 review written)

Don't buy from them they don't refund faulty goods easily. Took me 40 minutes before I finally got it. Manager refused to accept it's faulty and threatened to have me removed from shop if I don't leave. They take your money but refuse refund on goods if faulty.

“Clown company non existent customer service ”

Written on: 01/12/2018 by AdamHussain (1 review written)

I wouldn't shop from here again, non existent customer service, failed delivery and failed call back promises, spoke to a person who was not willing to give straight answers and decided to terminate the call as she found it easier than to provide honest answers, lifeless people work for this clown company!. When things go wrong don't expect this company to be reasonable in offering a fair resolution, they will offer to put things right according to how they see it fit even if it isn't fair, if they can't answer your questions they like to repeat things and terminate calls.

“ FRAUDULENT COMPANY AVOID!!!”

Written on: 27/11/2018 by Monadon (1 review written)

FRAUDULENT COMPANY AVOID!!! TRIED TO PURCHASE AN ITEM BUT ERROR MESSAGE SAID MY CARD HAD FAILED WITH IT HAD NO REASON TO DO SO. THE ENTERTAINER STILL TOOK THE MONEY, AND REFUSED TO GIVE IT BACK, EVEN THOUGH THE ORDER DIDN'T GO THROUGH. THIS IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY, IT IS THE ENTERTAINERS' - BUT THEY REFUSED TO HELP, AND NOW I CAN'T ACESS THE MONEY THEY OWE ME FOR 31 DAYS. REPEAT, FRAUDULENT COMPANY AVOID!!!

“Do not shop they”

Written on: 22/11/2018 by tonycross (1 review written)

Went to the white rose shop to buy Christmas presents for the children we asked the staff at the till how much is this fire engine the ticket said £23.99 but not for that toy she said the fire engine was £23.99 so I asked for two when they brought them to the till it's twice as much they would not sell them at the price they first agreed to do not shop they

“'confirmed' order out of stock”

Written on: 07/12/2017 by MohammadGomez (1 review written)

Placed an order on the website and they confirmed it, and gave a despatch date. Then cancelled the order a few days later, leaving me with no chance of obtaining anywhere else. They will go the same way as Toys R Us. Don't bother with them, go to Amazon or Argos

“Very poor customer service!”

Written on: 21/11/2017 by Ogdenaz209 (1 review written)

I visited the bluewater store recently and there was an Item on the shelf where price tag stated £16. I got to the till and the item scanned through at £25. I mentioned that shelf price was £16, the assistant said she would check and kept me waiting. She came back and told me the correct price was £16 but she'd have to get a manager to change it on the till. The manager came out, went off with the item keeping me waiting again, came back and told me that the item was actually £25 and asked did I want her to put it back for me. There was no apology for the mistake, no apology for the wait, and then it seemed as though she didnt want to sell me it. I asked to buy the item anyway as my little boy had chosen it and was spending his birthday money (to which I now had to add extra) so would have been disappointed. Was very bad customer service and as a result I wont be returning to that store. Contacted customer services via facebook page to which I received a 'don't care' reply. Wonderful company!

“Worst customer service ever!”

Written on: 07/01/2017 by Debbiewhite68 (1 review written)

I bought a couple of things from here for Xmas.. Both of which didn't work. Taking them back was a nightmare .. I was basically told that we were not using the things properly ? ! The staff were rude and sarcastic . The manageress was a little better after i asked to see her . . The next day we realised we had left around 12 batteries in the broken toys . As we were passing we popped in to ssk if there was any chance of having them back. They said they couldn't find the returns ?? And also how could we prove that we had put batteries in ?! Wow ! Worst service ever. Very unfriendly . Must be a very unhappy miserable place to work. Apparently the owners of these toy shops are a very religious family , hence why they do not open on Sunday's and holidays . What a joke . A horrible business which I will never use again . This was the bishops stortford store . Please avoid x

“Bad, bad, bad”

Written on: 28/12/2016 by Zainn140 (1 review written)

Really bad experience, and nit looking ti go back there ever again. I bought a Christmas toy for my daugther, and when we tried to get it to work, the app specific for the toy, did not work properly, I tested it with my windows phone, then with my husband android phone, and did no worked. The sound was very bad. And the app does not helps. Took it to The Entertainer to exchange, but the manager tried on hus Iphone and said that "works perfectly" that for my phone I should tried to find some other app. I said that it's not fair, as the toy has it's own app, and should give you 1000 tokens to use on it. And plus, it's said to work with any smart phone, which isn't true. It does not work. So, I lost the 1000 tokens, and got stuck with a £20 toy that the manager refuses to exchange, and it does not work. So, very carefull with what you buy from then, if you need to exchange, forget about it.

“click and collect!”

Written on: 13/12/2016 by bristolconsumer (1 review written)

Maybe I was just unlucky but the click and collect service left a lot to be desired. Perhaps a dedicated area would help. Having ordered and paid online I presented in store and asked a member of staff if I could collect my items. I was directed to the queue for the checkouts. After waiting in line behind approx eight people l requested my order, whereupon the assistant called over the very person who I had spoken to originally (!) and asked her to find my items. After waiting for another 12 minutes (yes, by then I was timing it) myself and another click and collect customer had to resort to asking the manager why we were being kept waiting so long. Eventually the orders were produced and apologies made. I have worked for many years in retail and well understand the problems of the busy Christmas period, but I feel that if my experience was typical of the service then it defeats the object. One might as well purchase in the traditional way, it would be quicker. Credit where credit is due, I have to say that the value for money on the items I bought was great. The price was substantially cheaper than their competitors . The store I used was Cabot circus Bristol.

“PROMISES PROMISES DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY”

Written on: 06/12/2016 by zyx321 (1 review written)

NO STARS FOR THIS USELESS BUNCH THE ONLY THING ENTERTAINING ABOUT THIS COMPANY IS THE TIME YOU HAVE TO WASTE CHASING THEM TO SORT OUT THE SIMPLEST OF THINGS - TO MAKE A DELIVERY TAKE MY ADVISE NEVER USE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE A WASTE OF SPACE APPARENTLY THEY ARE PARTNERS WITH TESCO DIRECT WHO ARE EQUALLY USELESS

“The Entertainer thetoyshop.com”

Written on: 04/12/2016 by MizzKaren (2 reviews written)

I ordered 2 air swimmers online to be delivered to my local Bristol shop. I received an email the next day to say my items were ready to be collected. I went to collect them a few days later. At first I had to wait for the staff to find my order. I had actually decided in the shop I would like to swap one of the air swimmers for an alternative air swimmer. As it was taking a while to find my order and their was a large queue of customers, they picked the items I had ordered from the shop floor and the swapped out item I had asked to swap and gave me those, instead of waiting. This I felt was great customer service. The items I was buying were in a sale so they didn't have to do a swap. I will be using them again.

“Wish I had read the reviews”

Written on: 04/12/2016

Like so many people I have been let down by this company. Ordered goods online but they were never delivered. Another dissatisfied customer.

“Avoid online ordering with Entertainer”

Written on: 29/11/2016 by ManchesterDawn (1 review written)

Awful customer service, ordered a few Xmas presents including paw patrol lorry which cost £59.99. Clearly marked on the ticket an x next to the lorry, I presume meaning it was out of stock. Instead gave me a £9 board game. When I complained and was honest enough to report the board game, they held the £59.99 hostage over the £9 board game, refusing to refund me till I had posted the board game and they received it. I'm disabled, that's why I shop online, so wouldn't be getting to a post office any time soon. I asked 3 times to just charge me for the game and give my money back, took over a week. I will avoid The Entertainer from now on.

“Awful”

Written on: 25/11/2016 by Jackomtf (1 review written)

Was sent the complete wrong order. Staff was rude over phone and take ages to reply to emails. Will never order again!

Jackomtf's Response to Jackomtf's Review

Written on: 25/11/2016

Also promised refund which I never received!!

Read 1 Comment

“Shocking customer service!”

Written on: 23/11/2016 by yzWhite205 (1 review written)

Ordered online for convenience as it was Christmas presents for my son so impossible to shop with him in tow. When the order arrived an item was missing and another damaged. Couldn't get through by phone so emailed which it took them forever to respond to! Eventually they refunded the missing item but insisted I needed to return the damaged item and arrange appropriate packaging for this myself or return to store. Neither of which I was willing to do as I ordered online for convenience and had an item not been damaged I would not have needed to arrange a return! After making a formal complaint which took them over a week to respond to, I was offered a 10% refund of the damaged item or nothing! Will NEVER order from them again!!