Ilford XP2 35mm Reviews

Ilford XP2 35mm - Ask a question now

“Amazing film for everyone.”

Written on: 12/10/2013 by NialPorter (8 reviews written)

I was sceptical of this film when I first bought it so I decided to test it as much as I can in order to prove it was rubbish. I was very wrong. I shot this film from 100 - 6400 iso ON THE SAME ROLL and then dropped it into boots for their c41 developing. One hour later and feeling a little smug I collected my prints and film. Every print was perfect! I was completely astounded, the 6400 iso samples were grainy and contrasty but more than useable. I have since used this film at weddings… Read Full Review

“Ilford XP2 chromogenic B&W film”

Written on: 26/02/2013 by birdwall (1 review written)

Having used this film sporadically over the years I have to say it's my favourite black & white film for 35mm cameras. Rated at 400 ISO, it produces negs as sharp as slow films, with grain that's virtually invisible! Contrast is high enough to give good punchy prints when scanned from the neg, and the convinience of C41 development means you can hand them into your local Dev Lab, and get print back an hour later. A4 size prints I obtained (cheaply, on-line) look almost like medium format… Read Full Review