Shop Goodwill Reviews - www.shopgoodwill.com

Media Gallery for Shop Goodwill - www.shopgoodwill.com

Shop Goodwill - www.shopgoodwill.com

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I mostly stick to my local store. I can pick the stuff...”

Written on: 01/02/2015 by lidolady (1 review written)

I mostly stick to my local store. I can pick the stuff up for free. I get great deals all the time, and the times I've needed a refund I have had no trouble at all getting it. Photograph quality has gone up and down (I assume with employee turnover), as does the quality of the auction listings. The biggest problems are the s&h charges, which keep me from buying from other locations, the terrible quality of the site itself, and that every location does things differently. From talking with… Read Full Review

“Great communication regarding an issue which was solved.”

Written on: 19/01/2014

I recently purchased an item that was delivered damaged (broken). I contacted the Goodwill where it was purchased and spoke with the shipping coordinator. She was very apologetic and concerned about what had happened. She took my information and we communicated via email. I was given a full refund with no problems. I have never had any issues before with items and this confirms my support of Goodwill. I will continue to use this site with assurance and satisfaction… Read Full Review

“Shopgoodwill works for me :)”

Written on: 02/11/2012 by tankgurl64 (1 review written)

I've read a bunch of reviews here, and thought I'd add my 2 cents about shopgoodwill.com For the most part, this is a great site to shop. Most of the people responding have been intelligent, knowledgeable and understanding. Here's a few tips: If you don't receive a reply about your email, try it again. Still no reply? Then send an email to [email protected] They will make sure it's passed on. I've been told that sometimes emails are wrongly sent right to their spam folder. Ask… Read Full Review

Iniquityabounds's Response to tankgurl64's Review

Written on: 17/09/2013

The part about asking GW to change shipping methods is just plain BS! They won't change -period! NONE of them are the least BIT customer friendly!!!!

Your review smacks strongly of a GW PR person....which one do YOU work for????

Written on: 17/09/2013

I don't work for them. I've shopped on their site for years, and what I stated was stuff I've learned.
As a matter of fact, there have been a few times that I've asked about different shipping and gotten a positive answer. As I said, it was mostly a request to have a book sent media mail.
And for the most part, the people I've dealt with have been at least professional, if not friendly. And I'm fairly certain that I've bought something from just about every one of them.
I didn't once say they were perfect. I've just related my own dealings with them. And I've found that the positives really out weigh the negatives.
Judging by your attitude in the message you left for me, it doesn't surprise me that you haven't had the same experiences.
That's really sad. Perhaps you screwed up and just can't admit it, so must take it out on them? Or maybe you were fired from them, and now bear a grudge? Either way, I really hope your life gets better.
Have a great day :)

Written on: 18/09/2013

Yes, well try asking to change shipping for something that is NOT media mail!!
Take care, Dear!

Written on: 19/09/2013

Interesting.

"Yes, well try asking to change shipping for something that is NOT media mail!!"
- I have. Sometimes they would, a lot of times they wouldn't. But as I'd agreed to the terms when I won something, why would I get angry with them for not doing what I asked? And if I asked for the change before bidding and they declined? They have every right to do so.

"<perhaps you messed up>??? Really, how could THAT happen? I'm merely a consumer who knows when we are being ripped off, and who would never need or God forbid WANT to work for them! You are really grasping at straws to try and insult me, since you gave them such a glowing report."
- Unless you are the perfect person, you may have messed up. I have, but then I'm only human. Such as not checking on the shipping charges before bidding, and getting stuck with them (such as I've done). That would be my own fault, and not theirs. Oh, and I'm only speaking for myself, not "we".
-And what's wrong with working for them? It's a way to put food on the table like any other job, nothing wrong with that from what I can see.
- And yet I wasn't trying to insult you at all. Just offering a possible reason for your anger.

"There's nothing wrong with my life that needs 'to get better', but thanks for your phony, patronizing, concern. (You too, 'hon!)"
-Glad to hear your life is going well. Many peoples aren't, these days. It's too bad you assumed so much about my comment. You know what they say about assume? It makes an a** out of u. But in this case, not me. And I thank you for your good wishes. I really do appreciate them :)

"What there is, is a pervasive lack of integrity and an increasing amount of greed among businesses, with even less concern for Customer service or relations, that is appalling!"
- I don't now about other businesses. These reviews are about SGW. Not particularly interested in generalizations.

"READ the vast majority of posts here and you will see that your views are definitely in the minority!"
- I have read the majority of posts. So, does that mean I should write a lie, and trash a place where I've been happy to shop? Just because that's YOUR opinion?? Since when does my opinion have to be the same as yours or somebody else's? Or do you believe that it's "your way or the highway"? And that if I don't agree with your thoughts, then I must be wrong? Why, that would defeat the purpose of expressing a personal opinion, now wouldn't it? (And yes, just to be clear, I am being sarcastic with that last sentence.)

If you're unhappy with the shipping fees, use the information they give and go to their chosen shipping site. Punch the numbers in with the correct zip codes and see what you get. If it's way off, then send the link to the SGW site you're dealing with, and ask why there's such a difference. Doesn't that make sense? (rhetorical question)

I admit to being curious about what exactly happened with shipping that has you so upset. What did they (supposedly) do to you, that has earned them such a vitriolic attack? Did they double the shipping charges after you'd won, or something like that?

And I will take your closing at face value. I will take care, and I thank you for your good wishes :)

Written on: 07/10/2013

You seem to be a sanctimonius, pretentious, 'know it all' with apparently too much time on your hands..oooo you really 'told me off'! Wow!
Hope you feel better about yourself now, but I really don't see how that could be possible, since you obviously already hold yourself and your opinions way above what anyone else's experience or opinion has been. Again, your phony patronization is wasted on me....so you've also wasted your time, defending your position, which I suspect you often do, at just trying to create arguments! Let me guess...you WILL reply, because your personal insecurities REQUIRE that you always get in 'the last word'!
So, go ahead and prove me wrong! Please!

Written on: 08/10/2013

Too much time on my hands? You answered the post. What does that say about you?
There was no "telling off", but if you feel you deserved it, then go ahead and read it that way.
Nope, don't hold my opinions above anything or anybody's. In this case, they are typed in this response, just like your's was. Guess that makes our right to have them....equal. Oooo (said tongue-in-cheek).
Reading a sign of a lack of self esteem. As you continue to find this in my posts (despite the face that there is none either intended or not), it reveals quite a bit about you.
Of course I'm going to defend my position. As anybody else does when attacked.
How do you interpret my responses as trying to create arguments? I've simply been replying to what you have said, trying to take all of it at face value.
Personal insecurities? Because I reply to a message? Lol.
I'm not trying to prove anybody wrong. I have the right to express my opinions, and defend my position. As do you.
Perhaps it's best to just agree to disagree. That would be the mature thing to do.

Cheers :)

Written on: 10/10/2013

Your reply has merely proven my point! Thanks for validating my opinions!

Read 7 Comments

“I've enjoyed shopping on this site for a few years now...”

Written on: 04/07/2012 by Eklectic1 (1 review written)

I've found some interesting things on ShopGoodwill.com. As background, I'd been buying on Ebay and other auction sites since 1998, and I wanted another source for unique items. This is usually the one. I am especially pleased to find vintage catalogs and magazines here. Sometimes I find the size 11 women's shoes and extra large men's shirts I enjoy wearing for a good price, if I shop carefully. I've found interesting jewelry. Now, in recognition of the concerns mentioned by other reviewers, I… Read Full Review

Iniquityabounds's Response to Eklectic1's Review

Written on: 17/09/2013

Sorry, but you are wrong about the shill bidding. All it takes is for an employee to use an account to place bids on items...and they do! They've done it and gotten away with it, so now the practice is rampant! I KNOW the way items get bid on, and the amounts that they SHOULD bring and the timing for the bids. The giveaway is that buyers of high ticket items are cautious, knowing they can wait until the end of the auction to bid a higher amount and no one goes in early on and outbids exhorbitantly on items that still have 7 or 8 days to go, then keeps 'one upping you'. This is shill bidding: Someone related to the seller who is deliberately bidding to inflate the price of the item. Snipe bidding is merely using a snipe bidding company to place last second bids on an item, which is legal.

Read 1 Comment

“All of my transactions have been excellent!”

Written on: 29/03/2012

I have read all of these reviews, and it seems like everyone loves to whine and blame somebody else for their own ineptitude! So what if they sell fakes, let me give you a bit of advice...If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. Do your homework before you bid! I get a real kick out of all the complainers saying, "Well ebay does this, and ebay has that," well if ebay is that much better, then get your loser ass over to ebay! I have bid on items for over 2 years, and not once have I… Read Full Review

Jimbo5924's Comment

Written on: 11/05/2012

You need to do some homework. How does Goodwill get off with listing a Guitar that I can prove to you weighs only seven (7) pounds as weighing forty-nine (49) pounds? that's an outright LIE perpetrated only to make more money off of shipping. It's pretty ridiculous when they charge $48.12 for shipping. They will price themselves out of the market, though in reality. When you can go online and buy a brand new guitar for $119.00 that they are selling for whatever they can get for a bid and then $49.12 shipping with a $4.00 handling fee..I am one of the poor-Disabled/Handicapped and thought that this would be a good way to buy an affordable guitar for my daughter-HA!-what a joke. You must work for Goodwill Industries to even make such a comment-everybody knows what they are doing, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out and just because they are a non-profit charity (right-I watch the employess at our local Goodwill Thrift Store loading up the "good" stuff into their cars on a regular basis) they are not exempt from the law.When they list a seven pound item as weighing forty-nine pounds that is "false advertising" at the least.. Regardless of who they are, they need to be reported to the FTC and the FCC (as internet regulators).

Randkamza's Comment

Written on: 01/11/2012

If you email and "complain" to the particular store that has a guitar listed as 40 pounds and what not, some of them will work with you and change shipping methods. A $42 UPS shipping fee turned into $20 USPS Parcel Post just from me inquiring. Also, I do agree that there might be some cases of shill bidding and relisting items. But, there are some deals on there if you can find them. I recently won two 35 pounds vintage speakers that are in pretty good shape, I paid $122 shipped for both. Some in the same condition on Ebay fetch anywhere from $250-375 shipped.

Tankgurl64's Comment

Written on: 02/11/2012

You're not being over-charged for 7 lbs. You are being charged for the over-sized box it needs to be shipped in. This is usually posted somewhere on the page. And that is what the shipping companies are charging them. I know because I went to various courier sites and entered the weight and size of a guitar box.
And if you didn't agree with the shipping charges, then you shouldn't have bid on the guitar.
If your local GW employees are doing what you said, then you should report them to their head office.

Read 3 Comments

“CONS: shipping costs are high - UPS and FEDEX are very...”

Written on: 18/10/2010 by jazmine12 (1 review written)

CONS: shipping costs are high - UPS and FEDEX are very expensive but .....
when you look at an item to possibly bid on, there is a link to the shipping costs and I always factor that amount into my bid. Basically, other than USPS, and I don't bid at all.

PROS: good clear pics for the most part, and I've ALWAYS received e-mailed answers when I was unclear about an item.

SHILL BIDS: yes, but it probably isn't Goodwill employees - it can be from "game players" - they have a pattern - they… Read Full Review

“The Goodwill auction site has a lot of cool stuff that...”

Written on: 14/12/2009

The Goodwill auction site has a lot of cool stuff that I would like to buy. I have been buying from them selectively for about six months now, and have been happy with the experience, but have a caveat for anyone considering buying from this site: the shipping costs are VERY high. I just don't understand their setting such high shipping charges for themselves. I have passed on I-don't-know how many pieces of kitchenware or collections of vintage magazines or even SINGLE magazines (think… Read Full Review