BMW 1 Series 118i SE Reviews

BMW 1 Series 118i SE - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for BMW 1 Series 118i SE

BMW 1 Series 118i SE
BMW 1 Series 118i SE

“Good points about this car......Well I have so many, I...”

Written on: 06/07/2007 by Richiecrafer (1 review written)

Good points about this car......Well I have so many, I did a lot of research before I brought the 1 series. I was looking at buying the Audi A3 or the VW Golf and I can honestly say that I've made the right choice. My friend has just brought a new Audi A3 and it just does not compare to the 1 series at all, and its in a different league to the VW Golf. The interior in the 1 series is beautifully done. I have leather seats in mine which makes all the difference but its pricey at an extra £1600… Read Full Review

Degbert's Response to Richiecrafer's Review

Written on: 25/07/2007

Great review, and having test-driven one (the Sport) I must admit they are very impressive. I think the 2.0D engine is probably the pick of the bunch, at least according to other reviews (same engine as in the 3s and 5s).
<br/>
<br/>But my point is this, isn't the 1 series just a little too expensive for your average punter, especially if this is the run-around second car rather than the main family car (and with anything more than a baby, you'd want more room in the back)? Even 2nd hand prices remain high (it is after all a BMW). Isn't it too much for what you get? And if you can afford a 1 series fully loaded, wouldn't you want to trade up and get a 3 anyway?

Read 1 Comment