Epson Stylus Photo R265 Reviews

2.8

Epson Stylus Photo R265 - Ask a question now

“This printer is designed to use as much ink as...”

written by on 11/06/2010

This printer is designed to use as much ink as possible!!! When you switch it on it goes through some cleaning cycle about for what seems like several minutes. Thats why I don't ever turn it off. I don't have a problem with the print quality on paper or disk but the official ink is extortionatly expensive. For the price of 1.5 ink sets you could have bought a brand new printer. These people should wear a mask as it's next to highway robbery. I will NEVER buy an epson again...

Guest's Comment

Written on: 26/05/2011

if you keep the printer on all the time you will save on ink,I do it all the time and you do save on it instead of running away with it every time you turn the b thing on try it and see how you go good luck annmarie

“The R265's print quality is average so as the...”

written by richardviled on 07/10/2009

The R265's print quality is average so as the consumption of ink. I would suggest that it could have been more quiet and the fact that it looks bulky. The printer could have been more compact than it was manufactured.
There is also some problems with ink compatibilities that is a hassle when you suddenly ran out of ink supplies.

“I Must agree the Epson Stylus R265 is a great printer....”

written by stevey69 on 23/06/2009

I Must agree the Epson Stylus R265 is a great printer. However its only let down is the fact that it is big and ugly with refrence to it not accepting compatible inks. I use an online company and have never had any bad experiences with them if i order before 5PM i generally always receive the order for the next day they even give an extra black cartridge with a full set of compatible ink, they use X-Print Compatibles which are reputed to be the best out there and i must agree.

“My overall opinion is that it is a good printer for...”

written by alan16647 on 13/07/2008

My overall opinion is that it is a good printer for the price and could have been better if it was as quiet as the R220 genuine cartridges are too dear the price of 2 sets would buy a new printer but the good news is, compatibles are getting cheaper.

“There are no good points about this printer....”

written by on 08/05/2008

There are no good points about this printer. Definitely the worst printer I have ever owned. It's a complete pile of rubbish

“This is the fifth Epson inkjet I have bought, having...”

written by riker on 04/06/2007

This is the fifth Epson inkjet I have bought, having had the original colour, the 600, 810 and R200. I bought the R265 as an addition to my R200 which had started smudging around the edges of my photos. I don't need an LCD screen or card readers which are on the R360 model. The print quality does seem improved on plain paper but where the Epson inkjets always score highly is on photographic paper which I find unmatchable. The colours are bright and sharp. There is software supplied which is supposed to Easy Install - however, it took 3 attempts before my year old Dell Windows XP system recognised the drivers. You get Epson File Manager which allows you to edit photos and print them. The R265 is larger than the R200 and is like a huge square block - it's almost as big as my base unit! There is a USB port on the front just like on the R200 and the ink cartridges are replaced by slotting them into place. A carrier is supplied for printing on CDs and DVDs - just like on the R200. I paid £49.99 at PC World as there was £20 off. I don't think I would have been tempted if it were not for the fact that my 8 year old son wanted a printer for his PC - rather than buy him a new one to break I let him have the R200. Why Epson have made this machine so big and ugly is a mystery!

Alan16647's Response to riker's Review

Written on: 15/07/2008

check out ukdvdr.co.uk for compatible inks, now on generation 4 and at a good price