Volkswagen Polo GT Reviews

• Reliability

Volkswagen Polo GT - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Volkswagen Polo GT

Volkswagen Polo GT

“iv have a toronto red Gt . ”

Written on: 18/05/2010

iv have a toronto red Gt .

mods :
13 inch super lights with polished lips
contential tyres 195 45's
weiltec suspension kit .i dont no how much its lowered buts its very low haha .its like a little go kart.
front lip off a polo 6n
g40 tail lights
g40 indicator's
smoked indicator's
white polo gt clocks .im not sure if there standart though.
full power flow exhuast system with no cat ,
stainless steel manifold which there's some sound off
pipercross induction kit with air meter .
fast road cam
super chiped.
drilled and grooved disk's

omp front and rear strut braces

the head gasket was leaking oil so that was replaced,while i was doing that i replaced the timing belt,water pump and put new head bolts in. most of the front bushes have been replaced,got a brand new petrol tank and stonechiped it and then sprayed it tornado red,all 3 handbrake cables replaced,new brake shoes,new clutch and accelerator cables,wheel bearing,new cv joint,airflow meter,there was a little rust starting on the chassis leg which was cut out and a new piece welded in and sprayed,batary box it perfect and now rust free,interior is perfect,no ripes on seat,

great little car ,
its pulls right through the revs with no problem there's always power .
with these mods its very quick .
i find it very hard to stay at the speed limit haha.
it has no boder going off the clock at 6,000 revs i only done once.
the brakes are really good and holds the road really good as well :)
except wen i hit a bump or a dip it can be shakey .

i love this little car.pure old school :)
i wouldn be complaining with cheap tax,insurance,good power and loads of fun

“gt cheap sound nice cheap proformance parts when...”

Written on: 13/01/2009

gt cheap sound nice cheap proformance parts when available, plenty of room in the foot wells at front of the car good engine look nice if thats ur style

“Great fuel eco. Quick response on acc. Easy to fix. No...”

Written on: 26/01/2008 by gazman26 (1 review written)

Great fuel eco. Quick response on acc. Easy to fix. No problims with rust on body. Always going to start first time and get you there on time. Love the car and would not sell. It's fun to drive and cheep to run.

“Great performance and my Volkswagen Polo GT still...”

Written on: 13/10/2007 by scopeland (1 review written)

Great performance and my Volkswagen Polo GT still looks good despite the original shape being old. Amazing engine, great performance for a 75 bhp 1.3. A bit tame below 3500 rpm but power comes in sweetly up to 6500 rpm max. Brakes are not that good and handling can be a bit interesting if pushed and steering is very heavy at slow speeds due to lack of power steering. A few annoying rattles have appeared recently but it has done 155k miles!

“I love the Polo. Don't get me wrong, it has its issues...”

Written on: 03/10/2007 by RickGEEEE (1 review written)

I love the Polo. Don't get me wrong, it has its issues which fade when you drive it, its such a fun reliable car to drive. I also bought the G40, its bigger faster brother, I can't imagine owning any other car to be honest I'm 27 now and its perfect for me. Very easy to work on. reletively cheap to buy parts and at the moment there are quite a few parts out there, eBay or any polo owners website, polo3.co.uk or similar... reliable, and a reliable source of power, MPI engine delivers a healthy 75bhp, which may not sound like a lot, but when compared its smaller cousin, the polo cl of 50bhp its a big difference... all that and the car only weighs 800kgs! loads of mods available if that is your thing...

“The general body finish and quality of fittings on the...”

Written on: 17/04/2007 by JVOB (2 reviews written)

The general body finish and quality of fittings on the Volkswagen Polo GT are really superb. This particular car will become the benchmark for all other manufacturers. And I speak as a retired motor dealer of some 50 yrs experience.

“I'm only 18 but being my third car and driving plenty...”

Written on: 31/10/2005 by fluftec ralling (1 review written)

I'm only 18 but being my third car and driving plenty of others the Volkswagen Polo GT is the most fun you can have on four wheels. It's just nice to know when a boy racer comes up behind you a bit quick in their Fiesta Zetec S or whatever they spend their hard earned money on you can make them look stupid in a little H plate burgandy Polo even with a car full. If were thinking of buying one I strongly recommend it.

“For a street sleeper this Volkswagen Polo GT is a...”

Written on: 05/09/2004 by schneil (1 review written)

For a street sleeper this Volkswagen Polo GT is a cracking car.
I've had mine for 5 years and it has been good fun.
Mine is actually a 1.3 genesis with a gt engine transplant.
So I get all the genesis goodies (tinted windows, sunroof etc) and this cool little engine.

Other mods:
Lowered 40mm (really improves ropey handling)
G40 BBS alloys
Sebring performance exhaust
K&N induction kit
AMD chip
decatted

With the performance mods this thing is one eager little car. It's great for embarrasing owners of bigger more powerful cars. Plus as I am not running a close ratio box I can cruise comfortablty on the motorway and have a top speed of over 120!

The engine is great. It has power all the way up to the redline and a nice kick to it. You can give it a damn good thrashing and it wont mind.

It is getting a little old now and its idles gone a bit erratic. Dodgy idle valve I beleive.
I know quite a few other gt owners that get annoying gremlins like these.

Apart from that its a great car. a bit simple and unsophistacted though.

“I really love the Volkswagen Polo GT. I have a black...”

Written on: 15/05/2004 by scottrednip (2 reviews written)

I really love the Volkswagen Polo GT. I have a black Polo 1.3 GT. I just love driving round in this. Plus I have taken the back box off it so it sounds really deep. Finaly the lack of power steering, but I can cope with it, its not the end of the world. I would say that this is a really good first car if you have the money to insure it. Im 17 and its costing me £2500 per year. But I am willing to pay that because I love it so so much!!!

“I own a red Polo GT which is fully standard apart from...”

Written on: 21/01/2004 by PoloGT (1 review written)

I own a red Polo GT which is fully standard apart from 14inch Golf GTI rims and lowered 35mm with a drilled air box, although this is soon to be replaced by a pipercross induction kit.
I am the second owner of this car which now has 76k on the clock and ive done 14k of them. Since I have had the car I have'nt had any major problems apart from the exhaust falling off a few times.
In terms of performance, I have had nothing that is in the 75hp range beating me off of the lights including AX GT's. On the motoway the Polo struggles a bit as 5th gear is way too short and u gotta rev the engine hard to maintain any speed.
Handling of the car was ok, but a bit unpredictable a times before the change of wheels and the car was lowered.
If you want a car for thrashing around local roads then this car is serious fun if you want to travel on the motoway then this aint the car for you.