Maxtor One Touch III 300GB USB2/Firewire 400 Combo Reviews

“I have a Maxtor 750 gb one touch III drive. The ice...”

Written on: 09/12/2007 by cayrick (1 review written)

I have a Maxtor 750 gb one touch III drive. The ice cold colored side panels are a poor idea because they are a poor heat dissipater. I contacted Seagate product support twice and they never mentioned or acknowledged an overheating problem. A classic symptom of overheating is a computer lockup. Because Seagate would not admit to the problem I spent countless hours unloading and reloading software then testing the results. In the end I popped off the plastic side panels and screwed the brushed… Read Full Review

“Very good product, great value for money, works really...”

Written on: 04/12/2007

Very good product, great value for money, works really well as an external drive. The backup software is not the neatest or easiest GUI but it does work. Has been a reliable product that performed as expected and more… Read Full Review

“My home PC has accumulated lots of personal stuff (no,...”

Written on: 09/03/2007 by ramtin (22 reviews written)

My home PC has accumulated lots of personal stuff (no, not that kind), digital images, music etc, which would be a pain and expensive to have to replace. So I asked some expert techies at work for some advice on a good external drive to get. They came up with 2. Western Digital My Book and Maxtor One Touch.

I, on the other hand, had seen a Teac drive, which judging by their stereo stuff I thought would be high quality. It was also cheaper and looked better, which swayed me a bit. I bought one… Read Full Review