Smeg FAB30 Reviews

1.8

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Summary

Total Volume: 11.12 Cu. Ft. / 315 Liter
3 Shelves

Energy Efficiency: B
Annual Energy Consumption: 416 kWHrs

“Total Failure ”

written by Clarke236 on 28/05/2023

Had this 4 years. It’s had 4 repairs. First one with the door sensor. The last one was a pcb failure due to moisture escaping from the top. Smeg engineer confirmed it was a well known issue and they could put the pcb in an insulated box which would sort the issue. Wind forward 4 months and the same thing happens. I read how unreliable it was but my wife begged me to get one as she loves the look. As far as I can determine it seems it’s a cheap Beko fridge (the £300 one) in a very expensive shell. To there credit Smeg paid for the last repair but sadly it’s just too rubbish to ever recommend.

“Wish I'd read reviews before buying!”

written by on 22/08/2013

First one had a thermostat problem straight away. Temperature was not constant and food froze and unfroze leaving it wet, and this was in the fridge part! I have thrown away a fortune in spoilt food. They replaced the fridge with another with the same fault! and in common with other reviews I've read, when I complained they said they had had no similar problems reported. I have asked for my money back and am still waiting for them to get back to me. I can only say, don't be seduced by the beauty of the lines NEVER EVER BUY A SMEG!! I never will again.

“The interior fit is quite trashy. All the brittle...”

written by on 05/07/2009

The interior fit is quite trashy. All the brittle plastic door trays and their retaining lugs have broken and been replaced with extortionately priced but equally brittle replacements.
The evaporator plate inside the fridge whilst mostly cold has now developed a hot patch that prevents the whole fridge compartment getting below 10 degrees Celsius. This latest fault is unrepairable, so the fridge has to go.
Overall I get the impression that Smeg used up the whole design budget on the looks of this appliance, without leaving enough for a reliable fridge on the inside. The FAB30AZS4 looks stylish and elegant. But, despite its price tag, it turns out to be a very cheap low quality unreliable fridge beneath the surface.

“Not happy with my Smeg FAB30. it developed a warm...”

written by on 28/05/2009

Not happy with my Smeg FAB30. it developed a warm area on the inside back wall after a few years use. Seems that this cannot be fixed so the best advice is just to throw it away and start again! I have owned quite a few fridges over the years - none as expensive as this and not one has broken down. Very disappointed.

“I think one years guarantee with a product of this...”

written by on 28/02/2008

I think one years guarantee with a product of this expense is. I only have my smeg fab 30 2 years and it has broke down already. After sales call out fee before repairs is eighty nine pounds.

“I've wanted one of these for simply ages, and my very...”

written by kolly kibber on 14/09/2007

I've wanted one of these for simply ages, and my very generous boyfriend gave in earlier this year and bought one!

I'm very glad i went for the Fab 30, rather than the Fab 28 (which I have read terrible reviews on since). It's got plenty of room both in the fridge and top freezer, and so far I have had no problems with it. I haven't defrosted it since I got it (7 months ago), so the freezer is somewhat iced up, but thats more down to me being lazy than the fridge.

The storage box it comes with is a bit daft and pointless. The lid falls off very easily and it really just takes up space rather than being useful.

I have scored the service and support bit as zero as (touch wood) I haven't needed to use it yet. The men who delivered the fridge originally were very helpful, but I think they worked for John Lewis rather than Smeg.

On the whole I would recommend this model..stay away from the Fab 28. It is extraordinarily expensive (mine was about £1200), but it looks awesome in my kitchen and so far has been a total joy to own!