5 Star Felsted, Great Dunmow, Essex Reviews

5 Star Felsted, Great Dunmow, Essex - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for 5 Star Felsted, Great Dunmow, Essex

“Dissspointed”

written by MayaGriffin-Alt on 14/08/2022

After using this 5 Star Boarding Kennel and Cattery several times generally without a problem this summer proved very disturbing. On collection of our dog the dog was subdued. I had to book a vet appointment which confirmed problems with walking, pain, anti inflammatory drugs administered, rest reccommended for at least three days. The dog was unable to walk properly and barely at all. Could not jump up on our sofa, mentally was anxious, clearly in pain, subdued, and backed away from us? All very odd behaviour. We will need to look into what happened during the stay.

“Lovely kennels ”

written by Tamia354 on 14/11/2018

5 Star is a very clean and organised kennel and cattery. The people I dealt with are very welcoming and go above and beyond caring for customers animals. I would highly recommend this kennel to anyone as they are very kind and care for customers pets like they are members of there own family. I would not go else where.

“Safe & friendly kennels”

written by Liseyd on 15/08/2018

I have used 5 star over the years for our old lab who LOVED visiting and always came out happy and well looked after. Our current lab is very nervous and has separation anxiety, I was reluctant to use any kennel for him, however I have just collected him after a 2 week break from 5 Star and he has come out happy and bouncy and has obviously been well cared for.. he doesn't particularly like men but was not nervous around the owner when I collected which shows me he has spent time with him, coaxing him and giving affection and play time to win him over and I am totally confident sending him there for his holidays again. Lovely place, friendly staff, clean, good security, highly recommend!

“Reassured”

written by Jaqrl on 01/01/2016

You always wonder if your dog is happy in kennels. Well we no longer do, given that Barney our labradoodle actually dragged me in the last time ( his 4th visit)!!. He's always happy when we pick him up and in very good condition ( maybe a little plumper, but don't we all put on a bit on holiday!). The whole place is spotless and always has a nice feeling about it, and so quiet. Already booked another 2 stays for 2016.

“Happy Dog,Happy owner!!”

written by Tracy_23 on 04/09/2015

We have just collected our 7 Year old Cocker Spaniel from 5 star Kennels, where he has been for the last 3 nights.Cookie has never been put in kennels before and so we were worried how he would get along. But the happy,bouncing healthy and clean dog we collected confirmed he had been very well looked after. He was obviously very at ease with the owner and even jumped up at him for a pat as we left. We will definitely be using 5 star again, what a relief to find a place where we can leave our very much loved family pet and feel confident he is being well looked after.

“Excellent boarding Kennels ”

written by LauraC77 on 20/06/2015

My Springer spaniel stayed at the kennels from the the 5th of June for one week, very happy with the service, Noukie was very well looked after and enjoyed his stay. We would definitely recommend this dog kennels and will be using them again next year. Thank you 5 Star Boarding x

“very pleased”

written by nickndel on 03/06/2014

It was the first time my lurchers had been put in kennels, so was a bit worried about their experience, but upon my return realised I needn't have worried as they were both fine, and one of them who is usually nervous of men, made a big fuss of the owner, confirming she was ok! The kennels are spotless and facilities truly first class. Both my dogs had been very well looked after, they were both happy and very clean! The staff seemed genuinely fond of my dogs and had obviously taken time to get to know them. I also felt they were very secure. I am so happy that I have found somewhere that my pets enjoy going and also the peace of mind of not having to worry whilst away.

“good with dogs, but not people.”

written by Bonniejess on 16/08/2013

The reason I have given this only a 3, I will explain. I am perfectly happy with how my dogs have been cared for, and am a returning customer who leaves a tip. On my last visit, I turned up for my dogs, was very stressed, was in a hurry, with family issues. Did not know kennels did not take cards, my bill was £30 I had £29.80 on me, I had given a £5 tip last time, but was made to drive all the way back to Great Dunmow, I am not from the Dunmow area so do not know it well. I found that rather harsh, given my circumstances that were known to the kennels, I think they could have on this occasion overlooked 20p. I was not even allowed to see my dogs without this 20p, would you really have refused to give me my dogs back if I had no other way to pay? I found this rather upsetting, and have doubts about using this place again. It is not customer friendly, and the woman on the counter clearly did not care at all that I didn't actually have time to run around looking for a shop or bank machine. It is a shame, because as I say, a lovely safe place for my dogs, but very upset by the inhumanity of certain of those running this place, which has indeed cost them custom. Was it worth it 5 star, Felsted?

“Massive Thank You.”

written by on 06/07/2013

I would just like to say a massive thank you for looking after Darling our cat, she returned to us a changed cat in a good way. Ihad never ussed a cattery in the 15 years we have had Darling, and the thought of putting her into a cattery terrified me. She has high blood pressure, is totally blind and is a stressed cat so I wasn`t expecting her to like it too much. However, in April we checked her in to 5 Star Boarding Cattery, Joan was amazing, I was a mess !! Joan reassured me everything would be fine. We were away for nearly three weeks in total, Joan called me during Darling`s stay and assured me she was fine. We picked Darling up and took her home and she really is a changed cat. Not at allstressed to the point we haven`t been back to the vets since March, she is eating better and was obviously well looked after and spoilt. I have no qualms about recommending 5 Star Boarding Cattery, we are checking Darling in again for the 1st week of July 2013 and will certainly use them again and again. Joan is wonderful, kind and loving to the cats, she knows them all personally and they love her. Susan Richardson

“Something to hide?”

written by on 09/06/2013

Having looked around several kennels in the last few weeks where as long as its within opening times you are welcome to view them, I turned up at 5 star also within opening times and was told that I couldn't look around them without calling first to make an appointment. A horrible man who possessed no people skills whatsoever was at reception and was very curt with us. This suggests to me that by having to make an appointment they can prepare the kennels for an inspection. This begs the question "what have they got to hide?" Don't worry I certainly won't be making an appointment to view, I would much rather go to another kennels that are welcoming to potential clients.

“Simply the best”

written by Charlotte36 on 04/03/2013

I have had a few dogs visit these kennels over the years and for each animal 5 star has adapted for their needs. I have boarded old sick dogs who needed medication and young puppies who are more children than pets. They look after them so well and The dogs are well exercised. My dogs have never had to be dragged out of the car because they consider the kennels an exciting place. After a bad experience at another kennel where my dog was attacked and as a result suffered a long time with an infection, 5 star gave me back confidence and piece of mind to go on holiday and leave my babies with them.

“Found this boarding kennels after searching for a...”

written by levell on 19/08/2012

Found this boarding kennels after searching for a while online. We live about 30 minutes away but it was the only kennels that had space left for my dog at short notice, but am i glad that i found them. I was a bit nervous as i had never left my labrador before and she is only 8 months old. The place was spotless and very modern and clean, and the owners were lovely and spent time talking to us, putting my mind at ease. Bonnie went straight off with one of the owners without even looking back! When we picked her up she was pleased to see us and seemed very happy and contented,and had enjoyed playing with some of the other dogs. We are going away again in october and have already booked her in for a couple of days. Although it is a bit of a drive for us we would never use another kennels now, it was perfect.

“Improvements every year we go.”

written by on 19/06/2012

We have been using 5 Star since our red setter was a puppy. she is nine years old now.She seems to love going to this kennels and always looks well fed and cared for. Most importantly she never looks stressed. The kennels seem to have improved every time we go there.It is enormously better run than by the original owners several years ago ,there is no comparison ! I would like to be able to pay by debit card but that's not really a problem . The premises are very secure with high gates and fences and I have always liked the fact that they have a paddock for the dogs to run around in. I think it's very good value . I have ever used any other kennel .There has been no need.I wouldn't like to as I have heard plenty of kennel horrors stories.

“Peace of mind”

written by Caz77 on 24/08/2011

It was the first time my 2 sprollies were guests at 5* this year and I would thoroughly recommend them. The kennels are spotless and facilities truly first class. Upon my return both my dogs had been very well looked after, they were both happy and very clean! The owners have definately got this right with lots of dedication and passion to each individual pet. I am so happy that I have found somewhere that my pets enjoy going and also the peace of mind of not having to worry whilst away.

“Everything is great at 5 Star Kennels ”

written by JonBouffler on 18/08/2011

We have been boarding our dog with 5 Star for 2 years and we always do this with the confidence that she will be looked after very well and be returned to us as if she has also been on holiday. The owners are very clearly devoted to their lodgers and our dog is exercised and cared for in the best possible way. The rates are reasonable and we leave our dog at 5 Star knowing she will return a happy dog.

“My two golden retrievers have been going to 5 star...”

written by on 21/03/2011

My two golden retrievers have been going to 5 star since they were 3 months old. They love being there and are well looked after. They come home contended and happy from their visits. The kennels are spotlessly clean and the owners really care about the animals

“One of my dogs loves it, the other hates leaving home...”

written by on 27/09/2010

One of my dogs loves it, the other hates leaving home but seems happy there. Beds are raised, two rooms, warm! Run by dog people who really make a real fuss of the dogs. No guilt boarding kennels. Well worth the price.

“ ”

written by on 23/07/2010

I was quite nervous about leaving my two dogs - an excitable Red Setter and huge (and obstinate) Old English Sheepdog - as the only other time they've ever been left at a kennel they both went on hunger strike! No such problem at Five Star Kennels and they emerged well fed, beautifully groomed and perfectly happy having had a nice field to run in and been made a complete fuss of for five days. Actually I also quite like going there as it's a friendly place and they make a fuss of me too!

“Our Golden Retriever Max is 9 and we have been using 5...”

written by southsue on 12/07/2010

Our Golden Retriever Max is 9 and we have been using 5 Star Kennels for the past 3 years on moving to Felsted. The owners always seem to treat him as if he is one of there own dogs. We pay Angela to groom Max before we collect him and he always comes out better looking than when he went in, she does a wonderfull job on such a thick coat. I would have no hesitation in recommending 5 Star and have already done so.

Sue Southgate

“5Star is excellent for dogs and owners! Our 3...”

written by margeymarge on 18/06/2010

5Star is excellent for dogs and owners! Our 3 sensitive Lurchers pant with excitement when we enter and don't even notice that we have gone! The owners give very personal attention and our hounds run free and have the time of their lives. Particular attention is given to food likes and dislikes and a feeling of belonging. Our hounds were sleek, healthy and very contented when we picked them up and were not anxious to go home!

Asked by Jacquiecrossley on 2nd February 2017 Report this content
Do they offer a discount for two dogs? Can I also arrange to view their kennels?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site