Whistlers Reviews

• Quality of Service

Whistlers - Ask a question now

“In general this is a very strong attempt at the coffee...”

Written on: 05/03/2007 by pjharrison (1 review written)

In general this is a very strong attempt at the coffee shop sector, business is based on product and word of mouth. Privately owned by all accounts, and although it looks like a branded unit there only seems to be 1, plus a separate kitchen operation elsewhere on site where it all gets made.
A very professional and competent delivery from apparent newcomers and they've raised the game above a number of the big names already if you ask me. Credit where it's due!… Read Full Review

Jmfinchley's Response to pjharrison's Review

Written on: 10/03/2007

I'd certainly second this. Whistlers is the best coffee led cafe I've visited in some time, a real treat. I can't remember the last time I've been served a genuine top quality interesting coffee blend, as I usually have to buy direct from speciality suppliers and prepare at home. Bulk cheap blends are so often sold as 'gourmet' or 'italian' on the high street, when it's the coffee equivalent of a bottle of Black Tower, and pricing it like a bottle of Barolo doesn't fool those that know.. I think we all know who I'm talking about. I'm a coffee guy, but a toasted ciabatta packed with cherry tomatos, avocado, mozzarella and bacon was a cherry on the cake. Fleet is now on my map. 10/10.

Selfbuilder's Response to pjharrison's Review

Written on: 13/03/2007

Tried this place at the weekend, and can only agree with the reviewer's positive remarks. Great coffee and tasty food (fresh home baked baguettes!!) - a revelation!

Read 2 Comments