BSM, Nationwide UK Reviews

Media Gallery for BSM, Nationwide UK

BSM, Nationwide UK

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Know your rights, eyes on the road ”

Written on: 26/01/2018 by AslanDou (2 reviews written)

Staff are super helpful on the phone, booking was confirmed in writing via E-mail. Cars are relatively new and clean. However, be very aware of some unprofessional instructors' attitude. Mine was definitely a good driver, but he had many things which I stupidly overlooked because I so wanted to pass my test and move on. I booked over 40 hours and he changed 90% of all appointments, although in advance, but still?! Always full of excuses, dentist, red light, delivery, seeing off someone… Read Full Review

Bsm1's Response to AslanDou's Review

Written on: 27/01/2018

Hi there, we;re extremely sorry to read your comments regarding the instructor. We assure you this is not what we expect at all, we expect a high, professional level of service from our instructors at all times. We are glad to know you have raised this with the customer care team, they will aim to reply as quickly as possible following them receiving your letter which can take time depending how you have sent this. If you prefer you can call the team.

Aslandou's reply to Bsm1's Comment

Written on: 31/01/2018

Thank you for your comment. I understand that Customer Care need more time to process emails ( said about 5 working days), anyhow , not having been assertive and feeling under the weather after losing mum has made me desperate, I made do despite the fact that I paid a pretty penny per hour!! All to pass the test, which I have yet again rebooked! What a waste of time

Aslandou's reply to Aslandou's Comment

Written on: 21/02/2018

Just a follow up. I had not received any official replies ,to any of the two e-mails forwarded. However, after about 14 working days, I did receive a call asking me to get in touch with my instructor directly, since I made consecutive payments in cash to him. It seems they had sent him reminders and I eventually got my money back after 21 working days. I'll pass on mentioning the details.

Read 3 Comments

“Wasting my time”

Written on: 04/03/2017 by BraydonReeves140 (1 review written)

Apparently the instructors have different schedules from the ones that appear in the bsm system, so that when I called bsm to book my lessons they booked me in in times that appeared to be free, but then the instructor had to cancel on me because they had other things going on. Had to look somewhere else eventually… Read Full Review

Bsm1's Comment

Written on: 08/03/2017

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused Braydon, we can only assume the instructors update had not come through quick enough on to the systems. We wish you all the luck in your lessons and hope we can help in the future.

Read 1 Comment

“Zero commitment to pupils, 100% commitment to profit! ”

Written on: 13/08/2015

Learning with BSM was a pleasure when I had a consistent teacher. This consistency lasted for 4lessons. Nowadays when I try to book a lesson, drivers are fully booked and too busy for new students. I was told an instructor would be available for 6 weeks including weekends! I happily paid for lessons in advance. This turned out to be a complete lie! And now I'm hundreds of pounds short with few productive lessons to show for it. This is my first experience of a large driving school and it will… Read Full Review

Bsm1's Comment

Written on: 13/08/2015

Hello, we are sorry to hear you're unhappy and do hope that you have contacted us to address your dissatisfaction. If not, please get in touch via our website at your earliest convenience. Kind Regards, BSM

Read 1 Comment

“Self absorbed instructors ”

Written on: 15/06/2015 by Ishaan53 (1 review written)

I recently had lessons in Aberdeen after moving from a small town where I had previously learnt to drive. As I already had a driving instructor at home I had high expectations for my new one in Aberdeen and was surprised greatly at the lack of knowledge and care he had for me. He never wrote anything down that I had done wrong or well in order to carry on to next lessons and quite often mixed me up with others. I was constantly repeating myself even though I had perfected manoeuvres etc. so… Read Full Review

“Really shocking how their standards have fallen”

Written on: 22/11/2014 by Blazel295 (1 review written)

I took lessons with BSM knowing they passed several family members decades ago, and then they were second to none. I went with this experience and how shocked I was. I got an instructor called peter in Manchester. He seemed good and his teaching was good and the first lesson was brilliant. I was so happy. He was late for the first lesson, but overran so was ok. He also went for a toilet break but we are all human and obviously ok. Then the second lesson he came late again, but again I thought… Read Full Review

“Unhappy Student”

Written on: 16/11/2014 by KassidyOlson215 (1 review written)

I had 12hours of driving and to be honest didn't really learn much. The instructor was always saying things that knocked my confidence down. I was only allowed in 1st gear and 2nd gear once. I was learning but the fact that I was doing the same gear every week was just not worth me carrying on with the lessons. Told the driver I was not interested in driving lessons anymore. I am going with someone else. I would not recommend BSM to anyone… Read Full Review

“Yeah you stink but that gum is excessive.”

Written on: 30/06/2014 by packeye (1 review written)

Oh Omar.... I was given 10 hours of driving lessons for my 17th birthday and i jumped into learning straight away, well... tried. On my first lesson i had to get into a car with a repulsively obese man called Omar, and to say the least, the scent in the car was not a pleasant one. Out of 2 hours (£52) i spent about 10 minutes driving around a small carpark all because Omar found that there was more interesting things to do such as taking 5 minutes to move seats, or eating a whole pack of gum… Read Full Review

“Nasty Instructor”

Written on: 30/04/2013 by Bel0612 (1 review written)

I had what I thought was a good instructor for a few refresher lessons until I had to postpone a lesson for essential reasons that could have compromised my safety: in accordance with my verbal agreement with that specific instructor:I'd factored in postponing lessons at short notice - mainly owing to work related issues. No problem for this either then. A verbal agreement is a verbal agreement and it would just be re-booked with no cancellation charge. The BSM written contract that says… Read Full Review

“BSM (BULL***T SCHOOL OF MOTORING)”

Written on: 05/09/2012 by RUMI93 (1 review written)

So i have been taking lessons with BSM for a while now. I have been taking lessons every week and have been buying the £220 for 10hours block bookings (really expensive compared to other driving schools!) My instructor taught me well until i saw two sides to him around my 20th lesson. He would teach me so little in 2hours and wouldn't let me complete a maneuver if i made an error.Recently i did my 30th hour and I am coming closer to my test date and he has put my confidence level right down… Read Full Review

“I wouldn't recommend using BSM. Had a lot of trouble...”

Written on: 07/06/2011

I wouldn't recommend using BSM. Had a lot of trouble with my first instructor, who, after 14 hours still hadn't taught me any maneuvers or wouldn't let me drive home, and this was not sue to my driving ability as my new instructor taught me two maneuvers and let me drive everywhere on my first lesson. Also took money off for cancelling a lesson even though I gave the 2 days notice they require. New instructor is fine but seems to think you need 10 hours worth of lessons in the week running up… Read Full Review