Hi-Tec Silver Shadow Reviews

Hi-Tec Silver Shadow - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hi-Tec Silver Shadow

“Great trainers”

written by 405Maurer on 25/08/2017

I have used silver shadows for some time now. I have something called Mortton's Neuroma. I found it very hard to find anything I could wear. I use to wear Hi-Tec's in the past. So I thought I would give these a try. These are the most comfy shoes I have ever worn. My suggestion is to order one size larger than you wear because the toe area is just a little narrower than normal. I have now ordered myself 6 pairs as I cannot see them being the current price they are for long. They are great to exercise in and are beautiful to wear. They are stylish and and look great with any casual wear. The price is great and I have worn many of the big brands and these compare strongly to those. I have a pair of Hi-Tec high top trainers and they are still going strong 22 years later. You cannot go wrong for comfort with these.

“Good for running awful for anything else”

written by Bluminati on 11/09/2011

i used these (not by choice) as they are standard hm forces issue and compulsory during my training. They were comfy and great for running on any normal terrain, the issue with them is when you had to use them for something else. Got contact sport or anything where you may want to turn sharply, their total lack of support made sprained ankles & Achilles injuries the norm hence not ideal for military PT. If all you want is to burn up the miles however, they are hard to beat for the price and will outperform many better looking more expensive trainers.

“I have had so many of these since the 80's, running...”

written by on 06/12/2009

I have had so many of these since the 80's, running was great & now I use them to help me recover from an achillies problem. They are very lightweight, flexing is not much of an issue when new, they start to get sloppy after a while however.
Two big problems are the fabric tearing in the newer versions & the plastic insert around the ankle has a tendancy to rub on the fabric until it works through, & then on to your heel causing blisters.
A minor issue is the grip in the wet, it could be improved. I also replace the hitec insert for a gel one, for extra comfort
Its a pity more shops dont stock this as a main item.

Roystonheaton's Comment

Written on: 19/06/2012

Good shoes to start with

“have been issued Hi-Tec Silver Shadow by the uk army,...”

written by on 07/06/2009

have been issued Hi-Tec Silver Shadow by the uk army, found them great!!! light and comfortable and most of all great for running in.

“Hi-Tec Silver Shadow amazing comfort great price, worn...”

written by on 31/05/2009

Hi-Tec Silver Shadow amazing comfort great price, worn nothing else but these for years.

“Hi-Tec Silver Shadow Footwear for active lifestyle!”

written by on 20/04/2009

Hi-Tec Silver Shadow Footwear for active lifestyle!

“this Hi-Tex Silver Shadow is an army isue trainer and...”

written by collins225 on 16/04/2009

this Hi-Tex Silver Shadow is an army isue trainer and as such it is ideal for day to day use

“I have been buying Hi-Tec Silver Shadows for over 20...”

written by RickyS on 19/11/2008

I have been buying Hi-Tec Silver Shadows for over 20 years, and have completed 9 Great North Runs in these shoes.
Great!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Cracking trainers.”

written by on 08/08/2008

Cracking trainers.
I will wear them for general use and may run in them also.

“These are the best trainers hubby has ever had & won't...”

written by on 14/04/2008

These are the best trainers hubby has ever had & won't wear anything else. No choice but gotta keep buying them for him!