Dune Shoes Reviews

Dune Shoes - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Dune Shoes

Dune Shoes

“Tawn ladies Boots with trim fur”

written by Stafford2022 on 10/03/2022

Hi I purchased these boots in black a month ago got them in store. They are just so comfortable and snug beautiful on and you can wear them with everything. I loved them so much I went on line and bought a second pair tan color. 60% off normal price only thing I had to pay for delivery to my house but I am over that now :) I got loads of compliments, so overall excellent buy and I wont need to buy boots for a few years to come. Beautifully designed and leather so nice looking. Colette Dublin

“All the bad quality reviews are true ! unfortunately :(”

written by zayh on 15/10/2021

I hate to say it but the bad reviews are true. i don't ever write reviews but i am today as i am really disappointed. £75 on a new pair of leather loafers and 1 week later they looked as if i had over worn the shoes for years ! i am in shock to be honest. AVOID AT ALL COSTS I literally will be telling everyone to avoid! save your money ! my primark shoes for 10£ lasted me way longer and still are in good condition almost 2 years later !

“Dune London 485 GRANDD Nude Leather Shoes”

written by MrsM1975 on 20/02/2020

I purchased a pair of Dune London 485 GRANDD Nude Leather shoes, I have only worn the shoes a maximum of 32 hours and they have worn badly on the bottom of the heels and on the leather. For leather shoes that cost £60 I would have thought they would have lasted longer. I have purchased cheaper shoes from other manufacturers that have lasted me years. This experience has made me realise that buying more expensive shoes does not guarantee quality!

“liars and disgusting service”

written by buff1ne on 08/02/2017

Bought boots online for £50.00. Unfortunately they were not a good fit. So decided to pack them up and return them. I didn't get a refund so I contacted them and was told there was broken glass in the box with the boots and they could not touch it for health and safety reasons and they were sending them back. When the boots arrived no trace if broken glass in the box or boots. And the receipt for the refund was ripped off. I'm very angry and disappointed with the underhanded way they have dealt with me accusing me of placing glass in the packaging. The boots are in perfect condition considering there was meant to be broken glass in the box. What I want to know is what can be done about this.

“Adding my voice here from a Men's shoe perspective”

written by JamesLW on 09/06/2015

Bought a pair of 80 quid shoes from Gatwick Airport branch. I figured a decent, respectable high street store would be a decent bet for some fashionable shoes. I bought them because I liked the look. After 2 weeks, the outside 'suede' started to scratch/peel off. After 3 weeks, both heels started to squeak and fall apart. Dreadful quality. Avoid at all costs. Have returned for a full refund - returns can take several weeks to process. What a shambles. Please note: Store staff were very nice and helpful.

“Dune shoulder bags with Buckles.”

written by nicole-10 on 17/05/2015

Paid around 80.00 for a beautiful shoulder bag, which has buckles detailing where it meets bag- both sides. Has absolutely wrecked my clothes. Any garment with a slight knit in it gets snagged, and have brand new jumpers with holes. Forever having to ask complete strangers to unhook me from around the back.After the last new jumper ruined; i now only use it with flat fabrics. I do not recommend at all. Unsatisfactory customer service - i don't know why they pay for that department- only really interested in fobbing you off.

“Frightful”

written by Thomasere on 07/05/2015

I will not buy boots in here . Terrible boots terrible service.

“Where to start ... Terrible ”

written by DamarionCasey on 26/01/2015

I purchased a pair of black boots from Dune Oxford street . I tried the right black boot from the sale display on the shop floor and decided to purchased them . I asked the sales assistant for a fresh pair but I was told that they only had that pair left. I decided to purchased them anyway trusting that the product was in good condition. The sales assistant never showed me the left boot and simply added the right boot from the shop floor display into the box . I only gave a quick glance at the boots when I was on the other side of the till. Further to my purchase of the boots I them tried them next day early in the morning in front of the mirror in my room unfortunately they did not look right on me. I packed them and during that morning I went to Dune in order to return them. I was told because they were in the sale I can only exchange!!! I found another pair of boots to exchange them with but for my surprise, I was told I couldn't exchange them because the pair I was returning have been worn!!! Of course I have disputed that as I did not wear them apart from when I tried them on. Since they were the last pair, and the right boot was continuously being tried on as it was on display. Knowing for a fact I did not wear them and further been told that the boots have been worn I do not wish to have a second hand product! I'm currently disputing this whole affair with my credit card company in order to cancel the payment. I have completely lost confidence in this company.

Nayousabi's Comment

Written on: 12/01/2017

That sadly is Dune for you as I and my daughter have discovered. We bought 4 pairs of shoe of dirrent colours all same size, however on of Gdn shoes does not feel right, it's extremely tight, contacted Dune and they could not care less

Read 1 Comment

“Terrible ”

written by Isabelalmeida17 on 24/01/2015

On the 13th of January 2015 I purchased a pair of boots from Dune shoe-shop. I tried the black right boot from the sale display on the shop floor and decided to purchase them. I asked the sales assistant for a fresh pair but was told that they only had that pair left. I decide to purchased them anyway trusting that the product was in good condition. The sales assistant never showed me the left boot and simply added the right boot from the shop floor display into the box. I only gave a quick glance at the boots when I was on the other side of the till in order to pay. Further to my purchase of the boots I tried them the next day early in the morning in front of the mirror in my room and unfortunately they did not look right on me. I packed them and during that morning of the 14th of January around 9:50 I went to the Dune Shop where I bought them in order to return the boots but was told because they were in the sale I couldn’t get a refund or a credit note, but only just an exchange. I found another pair to exchange them with but to my surprise, I was told at the till that I could not exchange the product because they have been worn. Of course, I have disputed that, as I did not wear them apart from when I tried them on. Since they were the last pair, and the right boot was continuously being tried on as it was on display. The manager of the shop floor of Dune kept repeating that the shoes have been worn and he refused to exchange the boots. Knowing for a fact that I did not wear them and further being told that the boots have been worn I do not wish to have a second hand product. There was no indication that was I purchasing a second hand or an inferior product. I have completely lost confidence in this company.

“Never buy sale items in Dune”

written by LesleyJones13 on 01/01/2015

Saw a nice pair of boots just before Christmas, I have a size 8 feet, they were very slightly too small but i asked if they were leather and would they therefore stretch and was told by the manageress and the assistant they were and would. When I got them home I had second thoughts and was worried that they would kill me, I walk a lot. I took them back and asked for a refund, they said they did not give refunds on sale items and it is printed in small print at the bottom of the receipt. I was asked if this had been explained as the assistant had written in red pen PE on my receipt, this means Policy Explained, I said no it definitely had not been explained. I then asked for a credit note and was told that they didn't give credit notes on sale items. I eventually found one pair of boots I quite liked and although they were a bit big was getting desperate so said I would have them. However these were £47 and the original purchase was £64, I was told I would have to buy something else, I told them I didn't want a pricey handbag or a plastic purse, priced at £35..., but I was getting exasperated by now. I said I would buy a watch, they had one watch on display and a couple of bracelets. I didn't really want a watch but there was nothing else remotely that I wanted to buy. I had to put £37 towards the watch. After Christmas I tried to set the watch and couldn't, I asked other people to also try and we decided that it was faulty. I went back to Dune, which is a considerable drive from home and explained, I said I wanted a refund as the item was faulty and that this was the law. The assistant completely ignored this and started to try to set the watch, after a while I pointed out that she was reading the wrong instructions, as there are two different instructions on one piece of paper. She kept saying that this was weird and gave me the impression that I was lying. Anyway after hanging about in the shop for about 15 minutes and me saying look I don't want another watch she eventually after much to do said I could have a refund but only on the £31 not the original £27, and that I had to buy something else, I was back in my previous predicament. At this point I stared to lose my cool and point out that Dune must be in dire financial circumstances if they couldn't afford £27, after ranting for about 10 minutes I was FINALLY given a full refund, my head was pounding at this point, honestly talk about how to lose customers, I will never set foot in this place again and neither will anybody I know, they are appalling.

“Faulty boot. No reply.”

written by Clarao202 on 16/11/2014

I bought a pair of barbour boots from website. Insoles are faulty. E-mailed customer services weeks ago about replacement but no reply. Same as other reviews really, non answer to mail, refusal to post reviews, etc. £140 write off. Avoid this shabby company even if the price is good, believe me I wished I'd paid an extra tenner or two somewhere else!

“Online shopping ”

written by Yurem1965 on 16/11/2014

I bought a pair of boots and paid for next day delivery only to learn that Saturday does not count for next day deliveries and made to wait til Monday. In the meantime I contacted customer services twice and only got a reply to my emails after I received and returned to boots to them I.e. A whole week later! The reply was useless as they only stipulated what I had already established by reading online forums - that they don't do next day deliveries based on Friday orders. It took them a whole week to respond to my polite request whether I could be sent the boots earlier, with no apology for the confusion and no mention for a refund of the difference I had paid as I ended up with a standard delivery service in the end! Don't even get me started on the quality of the boots which after all the waiting was a massive disappointment, poorly tailored and larger size than the average UK equivalent. An all-round major disappointment. :(

“Not just an angry rant - truthful review”

written by Laura32 on 02/09/2014

The bad reviews on here aren't an exaggeration. I just paid £89.99 for some "Bertie" brogues from the premium range. They arrived with glue all over them, seeping out of the holes, on the surface too, the shoes were scuffed and the edging was cracked. I could have cried. I was desperate for these shoes for a meeting on Thursday so paid for the next day delivery. Now I'm stuffed. The customer service was terrible, the lady thought she was doing me a favour by refunding my next day delivery (which apparently they don't have to do), and then I was told I had to take the shoes to a Collect Plus store to get them sent back because if Royal Mail lost them I wouldn't get my refund. My nearest one was a good 10 min walk - and as I had "emergency" shoes on and not nice ones like I was hoping, I now have a massive blister from the 20 min there and back dash I had to do that I wasn't expecting in rubbish shoes I had on because I haven't got any good ones because even though I paid a premium Dune are rubbish. About the Collect Plus shop The lady said, oh its not that far at all from you. Yeah right, when you're looking at the Google map its only inches my dear! All the customer services lady could say when I expressed my disappointment in the whole thing was "I am sorry you feel that way". That's it. Her job done. I am fuming and on the verge of tears. If I wasn't at work I would be balling my eyes out right now. I have pictures of the mistakes on the shoes if anyone wants to see. £90 is a lot for shoes isn't it? I thought they would be quality, they certainly market them that way - the box they came in was lovely! Horrible, horrible experience, and bad customer service. If I behaved like that to my customers at work they would never come back (and I'd get the sack). What does Dune make of all of these complaints? Where are they? Do they answer any ones concerns?

Ptheb61's Response to Laura32's Review

Written on: 03/09/2014

Massive blisters from a 20 minute walk?? Come on!! If a 10 minute walk is such a trial, what's the point in spending £90 on a pair of shoes that you obviously don't need?

Laura32's reply to Ptheb61's Comment

Written on: 03/09/2014

Thank you for your comment.

I get where you're coming from, 20 minutes isn't usually a trial, but as I said, my shoes I had on were an "emergency" pair that were just about passable for the office that I got from Sainsburys for £8 the day before.

I knew the new ones would come to my office and I could wear them home... the emergency ones weren't suitable for half a mile and back rush to a Collect Plus point

Apologies, but l don't get why you think I "obviously don't need" shoes...?

Inalltherightways's reply to Ptheb61's Comment

Written on: 03/11/2014

I am truly glad you have chosen to show the world just how much!
The lady has every right to be upset, people like you should be ashamed of yourself but then you are most likely the customer services woman that she is describing in her original post.
Dune customer services is a joke and I agree that they think they are doing you a favour talking to you. They turn nasty when you are asking simple questions about their processes... Vile!!!

Read 3 Comments

“Terrible quality”

written by TaylorBuckley110 on 20/07/2014

I purchased a pair of mules from Dune, they were £60. Within a week the white paint had worn off the wedge soul and the leather tops had creased up, one was also a different grain of leather to the other. I wrote a review on the Dune website and it was DECLINED. So they only want 5 star reviews, not honest reviews.

“Worst customer service ever!”

written by on 27/06/2014

I bought shoes and a bag online. I would not recommend Dune to anyone. I paid extra for the Saturday delivery option. My delivery arrived on the following Tuesday - no explanation - no apology! I emailed customer service 3 times with no response for a week. I ended up spending more money by ringing them to get an answer and my delivery charges back. I literally have never experienced such bad customer service - AVOID AVOID AVOID! The woman on the phone just blamed the delivery company... no answers just excuses! No apology at all for wasting my entire day as i waited for my delivery that never arrived.

“Great boots, poor customer service”

written by soad on 26/06/2014

1st pair ordered arrived damaged and dirty. I have called customer service to report this, but they could not do much. I have asked them to put another pair (only one of this model was available on the website) on hold for me, but they said they cannot do it as they cannot control stock levels. So I was encouraged to purchase another pair before being refunded for the 1st one. As a gesture of a good will, they have refunded me with the postage cost. 2nd pair of boots arrived - wrong model and studs at the back straps missing! I had to send it back. Reported the issue to the Customer Service and again - they told me that there is nothing they can do. I have completed return form asking for replacement, however lady at Customer Services advised me that they don't issue replacements, because again, they cannot control stock levels. I have asked her for an advise, as I still want the boots, but I don't want to repurchase the pair which was sent originally. She said that is the risk I would be taking, because "they cannot control the stock". My response to this was that ASOS and Amazon somehow are able to control stock levels, so perhaps there is room for improvement at Dune Group. I must say, I am now put off from re-purchasing the boots for the third time, and potentially returning them again. Surely someone who is packing the goods can recognise that they are not up to the Dune standards. I have purchased things from Dune ebay outlet and their Amazon shop and NEVER had this much hassle, actually opposite - easy and swift service, no issues with returns, refunds or replacement. Such a shame, especially that I absolutely love Tanka boots. Super cool and comfortable, contrast between red elastic back and buttery smooth leather is edgy and cool. Pity that Dune Customer Services cannot get it right.

“Very Bad Quality and Rude Staff”

written by NolaWyatt1952 on 19/06/2014

a lot of defect in shoes it not worth any money and the staff very rude. no return no replacement.

“Very poor quality and customer service”

written by 8Hurley on 16/05/2014

Shoes lasted a few days only, soles parted from upper. Dune customer services have no interest in keeping their client group, gave refund but no room to negotiate. When I gave a negative review on their site they declined it - no wonder the reviews stay positive. I'm not the only one who feels this way I have friends and family who have since told me that they have had issues with poor quality.

“The others are right, very poor quality!”

written by oxobloxo on 13/05/2014

I have purchased Dune shoes/trainers twice. Both times I was lucky to get a few months use out of them before parts started peeling or flaking off or the stitching coming apart, separating the sole from the upper! Let me be clear, I have not over-used the shoes and never even wore them daily. Worst construction quality I've seen on shoes in this price bracket and customer service couldn't care less. STAY WELL AWAY and go for better established brands with better quality construction.

“Staff at Merry Hill really know customer service.”

written by 31december1959 on 04/04/2014

Loved my new shoes, but when returning home they didn't go with my outfit. Staff were fantastic, so helpful, so understanding. Lovely customer service. Well done Dune and Debenhams Merry Hill Dudley.

Asked by Sandralangham on 19th June 2015 Report this content
After wearing only once I have scraped the leather off the heel. Can I get this repaired?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site