Gems TV Reviews

Gems TV - Ask a question now

“Great jewellery awful presenters ”

Written on: 13/01/2022 by 208Underwood (1 review written)

I am a customer of Gems TV despite the awful presenters. They literally drive me off air. I would definitely buy more if they would just shut up from their dribble and let the gems speak for themselves. I’ve written to Gems TV about the issue as not one of those presenters are bearable. As BBC an example I wanted to buy my daughters a diamond ring now after weeks of looking I can’t stay on air long enough to choose as the presentation is so bad they literally force me to switch off. Come… Read Full Review

“Annoying presenters”

Written on: 08/01/2022 by EvelinYork358 (1 review written)

I like most of the jewellery. It's affordable and mainly good quality BUT omg lately I can't stand watching and either switch off or mute. One presenter keeps constantly saying 'here we are today ' over and over again. Another new presenter should be on childrens tv. Talks to viewers like we're all children. I say talk lightly more like shout,with a demented laugh and near hysterical disposition. Come on gemporia you can do better… Read Full Review

Shelleyblue's Comment

Written on: 04/04/2022

Yes I find Claire Cummins totally infuriating cannot stand to watch the gurning and almost insane laugh-a total turn off, which is exactly what I do. Where do they find them???

Read 1 Comment

“Playing with the customers ”

Written on: 23/12/2021 by Sparkling72 (1 review written)

I bought a ring at auction and later, the same ring was at lower price in another auction. I contacted Customers Service because they offer a lifetime low price guarantee for any item bought in live auctions. They refused to credit back to me the difference in price, more that £50 in this case. In their website it says that if you find out that the item you bought in live auction is later at lower price, they will credit your account with the difference… Read Full Review

“Fake stone”

Written on: 17/09/2021 by kfFlores82 (1 review written)

My partner years ago bought a stone that was sold as being a tanzanite, upon having some gems valued it turns out that this particular “stone” is actually glass. Very disappointing, to say the least!… Read Full Review

“Disappointing”

Written on: 16/05/2020 by Cccccmmmmbbbbb (2 reviews written)

I have bought a few items of jewellery but the more expensive items were returned as they looked nothing like the example shown on screen. Czarite ring and an Ambilobe sphene both looked like something I might find in an Xmas cracker. Am very unlikely to buy from them again. Presenters extremely irritating and rabbit on far too much. There is one female on in the evenings whose clothes are unsuitable for her build. Usually off one shoulder and her chest seems to be in danger of falling onto the… Read Full Review

Mickydk101's Response to Cccccmmmmbbbbb's Review

Written on: 31/10/2020

I am relieved to see that you have expressed an opinion I share. My wife has previously purchased items shown in brilliant deep colouration on TV and received items of a much lower clarity. I happened to be off work and was searching for a sapphire as I hadn’t purchased one for my wife before, I tuned in to some supposedly rare Madagascan green sapphire rings described on TV as Tsavorite green in recognition of rare deep green garnets, the showcase had 19 examples, 16 rings, 2 earrings and a bracelet, all shown as deeply flamboyant greens, I opted for a flower cluster and received a thin gold ring with what can only be described as almost opaque soapy pale green stones, nothing like the quality shown, needless to say my ring has been returned with a complaint and a request for my p&p to be repaid. I am going to report to the trading standards as well as Ofcom.

Cccccmmmmbbbbb's reply to Mickydk101's Comment

Written on: 02/11/2020

Yes I am sure we're not the only ones. I don't watch anymore because my experience has been so poor and I don't think the company is trustworthy.
Good luck in taking action against them!

“Poor customer service”

Written on: 17/01/2020 by HillaryHolman (1 review written)

One of the poorest customer service advisors had to speak to attitude straight away as soon as I advised I was a returning customer and needed to set up a account shocking… Read Full Review

“Not the same.”

Written on: 13/01/2020 by ConiConi2014 (1 review written)

I used to watch Gems a long time ago (five years), loved it used to have more price falls per item than they do now. That is not the main complaint. I cannot stick the presenters that are on there now. They get to be so grating I turn over. With the repetitive ‘Oh my word’ ‘Oh my ....’ ‘Oh my word’ I can’t believe’ ‘never done before’’look at this’ ‘ this is mad what are we doing’. I know they have to sell but for ‘Oh my goodness’ sake! One presenter did… Read Full Review

Silver17's Response to ConiConi2014's Review

Written on: 06/09/2021

I completely agree with the above reveiw. I used to watch a lot but the presentation styles now are mostly awful ! There is far too much verbal diarrhoea with awful diction and words spoken so fast without endings they run into one another and become just gabble. Others actually shout at one which makes you actually feel abused and I have to turn the sound off. There are about 3 good presenters and the rest are really really irritating. I can't stand that every other word is a wowzers or amazing and we are expected to believe that anything with Midas gold finish setting is rare . The comparisons with online products are ridiculous. Saying that carats are worth thousands and then showing something that in no way resembles the items being auctioned. I have in truth found a lot more satifaction for real deals at TJC .

Read 1 Comment

“Quality, Returns, Selling Practices, ERVs, Grading and...”

Written on: 09/11/2016 by Malone273 (1 review written)

I wish to pre-empt this dissertation by saying I am not a jeweler, but I do have a jeweler friend who has looked at my pieces and given me some advice. I don't buy from him mainly because he deals in high-end, high-priced items which I cannot afford. I have taught myself about jewelry from information the hosts on Gemporia have provided, watching their programs diligently and surfing the internet for more detailed information from loose gemstone sites and the GIA. The following are just my… Read Full Review

Redsarah22's Comment

Written on: 07/03/2017

What a fab review - thank you so much for taking the time to write this - really informative

Wifey1989's Comment

Written on: 27/01/2018

absolutely spot on review. I watch a lot although I think that my buying days with this company are probably over. I have bought lots and lots, probably 90% of which are rings. Too many to wear but I like a diamond ring! I have a lot of their fancy band type rings, but most have lost at least one little diamond from the design. I think like you quality control is lacking.
The presenters also are so irritating, one wriggles about like she has cystitis, another doesn't stop playing with her hair and looks like she has had one too many glasses of wine, one guy looks like he is auditioning for Tiggar. Really I think they need a review of all the presenters because if they are not boring, they are so annoying I switch over, so perhaps that why I do not buy much now.
I know they are sales people but lets face not every thing is super, outstanding, amazing, etc etc, but these people are just so disingenuous over some ugly piece of tat that is definitely time to turn over. And don't start me on the fragrances and candles....!

Read 2 Comments

“Gems TV, not so good quality ?”

Written on: 17/10/2016 by jzVaughn306 (1 review written)

Ive watched this show for the past 5 years. Ive brought lots from diamonds to plain silver chains. ive got some nice looking pieces, but ive also gotten some total rubbish. If you can get the lorique items then I imagine its quality, I cannot stretch to these budgets. Tanzanite and Emeralds are never as they look on screen IVE GOTTEN 2 EMERALD PIECES WHICH I LIKE BUT I KNOW NEITHER LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THEY DID ON TV.The presenters are pure salesmen!! not presenters. I also believe they have… Read Full Review

“Very poor”

Written on: 24/08/2016

The ring I was sent was nothing like the one shown on TV. The stones were dull and grey,instead of the sparkling zircon they were supposed to be. I am convinced that they have their show pieces made up for the TV and then send out smaller inferior rubbish. The call centre staff are so rude and offensive that it's almost funny! I'm very wary of buyimg anythimg else… Read Full Review

Vapidstoat's Comment

Written on: 01/10/2016

If they are sending out crappy jewellery but showing lovely stuff on screen, that's a crime.

A criminal offence you know.

Littlemisschatterbox's Comment

Written on: 18/10/2016

I can vouch for this. I've heard several of the presenters slip up and mention the phrase "studio samples" which to me would suggest they only use certain ones for doing a show plus some of them actually put an earring in which is a giveaway.

“Poor customer service”

Written on: 17/08/2016 by nbWilliamson92 (1 review written)

I purchased a diamond ring for my wife which was to big so went to get it resized the jeweller would not do it because ring was included told gems didn't want to know shortly after one of the diamonds fell,out told gems said out of warranty nothing they would do I believe this company is not so good at helping customers after they get your money I say shop with this company at your peril go to a recommended jeweller I will from now,on not these useless TV jewellers… Read Full Review

“Returns policy is a lie.”

Written on: 11/08/2016 by AugustBarker433 (1 review written)

Wife spent several grand a month there (and sister company Gem Collector). Returned a lot of items as were below quality portrayed. Some of their stuff is really nice for the money, some is complete dross. This disparity not always reflected in the pricing. Anyway, each month she kept several thousand quids worth of nice stuff, and returned the dross. 3 months in she had her account cancelled for returning too many items. Nothing about this limitation in their Ts and Cs. No warnings. No written… Read Full Review

Kathy1225's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2016

It happened to me also. I was upset at the way they kept changing their Tanzanite grading system depending on the size of the stone. The last one I purchased was graded AA+ and they don't have that grading any more. It was over a carat and should have been graded AAA according to their system "at the time" and I gave them a hard time with it. Next thing I know, my account was cancelled even though I spend thousands of dollars over the last few years with them.

Now on top of everything else, they won't "PRICE PROMISE" when you purchase items in The Lounge. They've been doing it for 4 years here in the U.S. and now suddenly they're telling me they've been doing it wrong. What rubbish. They did re-instate me after about 6 months but now I'm not buying as much, especially since they won't price promise items on the Lounge that I purchased on The Lounge.

Read 1 Comment

“Worst place to buy jewelry”

Written on: 13/06/2016

I have purchased ALOT of jewelry from different sources over the years (HSN, QVC, JTV,the old GemsTV when they had a TV studio in Nevada, Ebay, and Gems TV presently (Gemporia). In my opinion, GemsTV is the absolutely the worst place I have ever purchased jewelry. Every single piece I purchased was a disappointment - very thin bands, cracked stones, very included stones, missing stones, and/or stones that were set so extremely crooked it looked like a child set the stones in the rings… Read Full Review

Kathy1225's Comment

Written on: 14/06/2016

I had surgery so there's not much for me to do at the moment and I got caught up in GemsTV on my computer again after being away for over a year.

I've read some of the recent comments here about the quality of their items and I have to agree. They are selling very poor quality stones right now. Whether it's because the source of the stones are becoming scarce or they just want to get rid of their inventory. I don't care. All I know is that its bad advertising and they're developing a bad rapport with their customers. Hence the bad rating here.

My recent purchases were a Ceylon Sapphire Pendant in 10k, Ceylon Sapphire solitaire ring in 10k, a 1/3 carat Diamond ring in 10k gold, an Zambian Emerald pendant in 10k and of course AA Tanzanite pendant in 10k.

The Ceylon Sapphires were almost completely white with just a tint of blue color.

The Emerald pendant was a nice size but cloudy with visible black spots compared to my Zambian rings I purchased when they first came to the U.S. as RocksTV.

The AA Tanzanite pendants were pale compared to my original purchases of Tanzanite from RocksTV back in 2012. The were much deeper in color on my computer screen and on both my TVs at home. Which tells me they are using some type of enhanced lighting or other technique to make the colors of the stones appear darker than they are.

The most disappointing of all was the 1/3 carat Diamond Ring in 10k gold. It was sold as being i1-i2 clarity but it was appalling. It was completely cloudy. It looked as if someone took a hammer and crushed it; there were so many cracks and inclusions in the center stone. These things were not seen when she presented the ring on the show. This tells me that they do pick the best of the lot to show their customers on TV. This would not necessarily be a bad thing as long as the rest of the pieces was up to mostly the same quality. All of my original purchases of diamond rings and pendants from 4 years ago are beautiful. And they were all i1 to i2 clarity.

I don't care if they're selling the items on the Gems Auction Room or on The Lounge. The quality of the items must be the same. The items being sold on The Lounge should only be there because the items are not selling as well or as quickly, not because they are of poorer quality, with the exception of the Refurb Hour. Even in the Refurb hour they show you, tell you up front what is wrong with the ring so you can make an educated decision on whether or not to buy.

If an item has been determined to be of poor quality because it's been returned, then it should be placed in their Outlet store, not returned into the mix for someone else to have to deal with and pay postage and handling twice. And all items in the Outlet store should have some type of description explaining any flaws.

Finally, if you sell something in gold, the quality of the gems should be the same whether it's 10k, 14k or 18k. The only differing factors should be in the cost of the gold content and the size and number of the stones.

My advice: Make sure you check the details on the item when they show it. Check for the clarity grade of the diamond. If it's any worse than i1 or i2, then it will not sparkle. Check for inclusions. Some stones that were presented on The Lounge, which normally would not be included, I found to be "heavily included" in the description which is why it was being sold so cheaply. Lastly, if you know of a specific area where stones were sourced from (i.e.,Songea Mines) that may give you an idea of the quality of the stones. Good Luck.

“Cheap and cheerful”

Written on: 11/03/2016 by melon w (4 reviews written)

Gem TV sells reasonable weight silver gemstone jewellery. The prices are not bad but when you physically get the item there is not much of a wow! |Ok for everyday jewellery but not much else… Read Full Review

“Gems tv sell and have sold gems, particularly rubies...”

Written on: 04/03/2016 by 191Upton (1 review written)

Gems tv sell and have sold gems, particularly rubies which are poor quality, and heavily flawed and included or filled under the guise of one of their designer names, suggesting they're worth thousands, selling them for hundreds or more. Their guarantee is supposed to BE UNCONDITIONAL, and tell you to wear it and show it off, yet they then expect the tag to be in tact! Pity their presenters can't mention this little gem of a fact during their over excited bull about their shoddy gems. As for… Read Full Review

Gobalot's Comment

Written on: 04/03/2016

I did include the link, but it's been removed, so maybe links aren't allowed on here, but you can just search company check for gems tv, then click on his name under the list of directors.

It's truly awful to be deceiving people in this way, I've just recorded a ruby they're selling, a Thai ruby, it was so scratched, with chips out of it, and even with the naked eye you could see the fillings!

They were actually comparing it to the quality of a burmese ruby! And sold it for £200!

Read 1 Comment

“GEMPORIA VERY POOR QUALITY GEMS- DO NOT BUY FROM THEM ”

Written on: 26/01/2016 by qmMcKinney84 (1 review written)

I have brought many items from Gems TV or Gemporia (as they are also known) over the past year, including a diamond ring for £200.00. 8 months after I brought it I noticed a small diamond was missing from the shoulder. I assumed there would be a 12mths guarantee and my ring would be fixed. I checked their terms and conditions to discover they only give a 6mth guarantee! I rang them, in hope they would make an acceptation, as I've only worn the ring a few times. They refused saying their policy… Read Full Review

Gobalot's Comment

Written on: 04/03/2016

Have just posted a review myself, but they may not all it as I exposed the owner as being a bit a finger in pie man lol! He's even a director at argos! Tells you everything, takeva look here on his company check info.

He needs exposing tbh, so angry after I read about an old boy sending his late wifes expensive gems tv purchases off for appraisal, only to find they're a load of tat!

Last night a manager there (won't name his because he was honest) told me they have one good item out of a batch, and thats what the presenters go by, he said the rubies sold there are shoddy, and recommended I should never buy any coloured gems from then.

“Cloudy diamonds”

Written on: 20/09/2015 by Elvis600 (1 review written)

I ordered two rings and the diamonds in the first where shockingly cloudy.they looked like a milky shade and had no sparkle of rainbow colours at all. The second one was also very cloudy.I don't think I'd ever feel confident buying anymore diamond rings cause the quality is really poor… Read Full Review

“Great Customer Service”

Written on: 28/05/2015 by Irishblondie (1 review written)

Had a problem with diamond earrings, had them 10 months, sent them back after a discussion with customer services, delighted back today repaired. Have been buying for over 8 years from Gems and will continue in the knowledge we will be looked after if there is a problem. All the jewellery we have bought has been excellent and great value… Read Full Review

“Poor customer service!”

Written on: 13/05/2015 by taSheehan201 (1 review written)

I have been a customer with Gems TV for about 2 years and have a substantial collection of jewelly fom them within this timescale. The majority of items purchased I am pleased with, though I have bought items, especially earrings, where the stones have fallen out or arrived broken. My main issue is with their customer service; it is appalling. The staff are rude, unhelpful and act like they do not want to retain your business. I also believe that my account has been blocked for returning items… Read Full Review

Jeanette1956's Comment

Written on: 18/04/2016

I absolutely agree wih you. Some customer service staff are sooo smug wih their attitude, especially when they have found an excuse to not to honor their price pledge. Also I have found that the examples they show on tv are of higher quality than the ones they send out to you, in the case of stones like moonstone, stones with shillar/luster. I have spent £1000's on this sight but I may as well have spent £10 for all the respect I get.

Read 1 Comment

“They'll CANCEL Your Account If You Ask Too Many Questions”

Written on: 07/02/2015 by Cierra351 (1 review written)

They'll Close Your Account Without Notice If You Return Too Many Items Some final points for your information I was told my account with The Genuine Gemstone Company was closed because I had "too many returns". Apparently, the OVER $5,000 I spent on jewelry in the past 2 years was not enough for them. Then on top of that, I had a credit on my account which they chose not to mention and I had to call them back to find out what happened to it. I was told I could still buy one last item to use… Read Full Review

Train43Lover's Comment

Written on: 25/10/2015

Brilliant report, nothing is ever a bargain if it needs to be pushed so hard and"Wowed" up by the sales team. I stopped buying from Gems because of the paper thin ear-ring settings and the "with diamonds" claim was a disappointment when seen at home and I realised they were like grains of sugar. Gems is on air to make money and NOT to give value for money; their studio lighting makes the items appear to sparkle more than they do in real life and the colour can be "adjusted" in this way too.

Nightstar7553's Comment

Written on: 10/02/2016

I totally agree but the consumer is beginning to fight back why they have to lie and mislead people is beyond me. Always take your jewellery to a jewellers and have it looked at these people are swindilers at best and the presenters know this and continue to sell these items to people who have worked very hard this industry needs a big overall we need more people reporting them and we want investigations and criminal chargers brought a fraud is a fraud we all need to fight back