Ebac 2850e

• Air Treatment Device Type: Dehumidifier
  • HEPA Filter: No
  • Hepa Filter: No
  • Ionizer: No

“Larger version is good product”

written by tom07k on 20/06/2021

I bought it for our techkari team, it really good and affordable product. The amount saved will depend upon factors such a the amount of damp in the property and how often, and at what setting, the dehumidifier is used.

“Great machine”

written by AarielDcruz on 26/02/2021

Literally, this device helps us decrease allergens such as dust mites. It's really convenient to access. It also eliminates musty smells. definitely maintain the humidity of the room and removes moisture. Breathing can be made much easier by this dehumidifier. A fantastic product. Worth every penny.

“Reliable, hardworking dehumidifier”

written by CruzBrown on 08/01/2021

After 8 months I can confidently recommend the Ebac 2850e to anyone who wants a reliable, hardworking dehumidifier. She is able to sleep with the machine running at night as it is quite quiet. Only one small drawback, it is a little noisy when starting or shutting down when on Auto, but one soon becomes used to this.

“Worth Every Penny”

written by Anyonecan on 10/11/2020

Bought mine 9 years ago. It's an excellent product. Clears extremely damp rooms within two weeks. Very reliable and I wouldn't be without it. Two drawbacks:- It's made of plastic, so it has slightly yellowed but all is forgiven as it's such a good robust machine. It does slow and quiten its motor once its drawn most of the water etc. But there's no way I could sleep with it on and I refute those reviewers who say so. Unless you drop off and sleep like a log. However, it isn't an ugly sound. Quite happy with it running in the background. It's so very efficient daily running is sufficient.

“Ebac 2850e dehunidifier - not as good as previous models”

written by LeaUrquhart202 on 19/08/2014

Having already bought and used for some years two of Ebac's older models in the faux wooden cases, I purchased another as we needed a third. This new one, the 2850e is noisy and, by comaprison, draws little moisture out of the atmosphere. I tested them back to back in the same room after some plastering had been done. The 2850e took out less than a quarter compared to the others. Given the fact I never know what it's up to - the automatic controls are beyond me - and it makes enough noise to wake you up if it's on the upstairs landing, I would not recommend.

“Ebac 2850E Dehumidifier - It's not as bad as some say”

written by Hippytitimus on 03/12/2012

I purchased this Ebac 2850E Dehumidifier and then noticed some of the reviews that had been written and suddenly thought I had made a mistake with my purchase, fortunately this has not been the case, and up to now it has worked without fault and is very efficient. I purchased my unit direct from Ebac and it came with a FREE 5 year warranty, so if it breaks, apart from having to send it back I'm not worried, it can't be that bad if they are willing to give a five year guarantee can it? the build quality like other models is functional and plastic, it could have been a little better if it had a better collection door fitted because it does feel a little flimsy, although it should be fine if used with care plus it has not broken yet, and I don't really expect it to. The unit runs quietly enough when using it in the auto setting, but the "max" setting it is a bit noisy, I do like the fact that if you get messed up with the settings (and there are a lot) you can just unplug it, and it will default to the economy setting for you. I for one am pleased with it, and would recommend it.

“As usual, got to just outside of the warrenty (14...”

written by on 01/10/2010

As usual, got to just outside of the warrenty (14 months) and the unit stopped working. Being an ex naval electronics engineer took a look and saw that the control unit had fried itself through a compressor fault.
Duely contacted Ebac customer services and explained that the unit was just aout of warranty etc and could they help. A resounding lack of interest and very unhelpful person on the other end told me in no uncertain terms it was tough luck. Good old british customer care eh!
Take my advice, shop elsewhere.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 03/06/2011

great review their response was exactly the same with me very rude and unhelpful what a waste of my hard earned money

“I have had my ebac 2850e just over a year from wickes,...”

written by on 28/07/2010

I have had my ebac 2850e just over a year from wickes, it worked really well over the hard winter and spring months in my east coast holiday home conservatory (3m x 4m) while i was at home. Then i noticed when i was around that it never seemed to switch off and only collected a tiny amount of water and my barometer read very low humidity, then i realised that the smart control was not working,i have not contacted ebac, and now i just use it on a timer switch to come on in the early hours and evening when humidity is slightly higher to prevent condensation and mould on the windows. so overall its a wonderful piece of kit. I would also reccomend using with Dimplex 3kW Cadiz Eco Oil Free Radiator keeping them on opposite sides of the room for the perfect result.

“I received a faulty Ebac 2850e that i cannot use. Its...”

written by binyon on 11/07/2009

I received a faulty Ebac 2850e that i cannot use. Its not being picked up and they will not replace.

“Do not buy the Ebac 2850e or other dehumidifier from...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by on 29/10/2008

Do not buy the Ebac 2850e or other dehumidifier from Ebac - I bought this machine hoping I would be supporting British industry but the service from Ebac was not good and I am now left with a dehumidifier which does not work (yet again) - a fuse has not repaired it this time!

Next time I will buy a much cheaper foreign one.