Indesit WIL 163 Reviews

Other
Overall Depth: 53.49 cm
Overall Height: 84.99 cm
Overall Width: 59.51 cm

“I've had one of these for about our years now & have...”

Written on: 15/06/2010 by Freeky (41 reviews written)

I've had one of these for about our years now & have had no problems, it does its job well, its the first A rated machine I've had and am amazed at how little water it uses.

The 1600 spin means clothes come out quite dry compared to others I`ve used, its also fairly quiet.

If I ever need another I would look for a very similar or same model again… Read Full Review

Freeky's Response to Freeky's Review

Written on: 25/11/2013

Durability reduced to 2 stars, motor failed & memory corrupted, which on all Indesits can only be fixed by re-flashing by a Indesit engineer at considerable cost!

Also Overall reduced to 3 stars, if I but could.

Read 1 Comment

“My WIL163 has just packed up after two and half years....”

Written on: 21/11/2009

My WIL163 has just packed up after two and half years. During that time it was pretty good and did what we asked of it.
Apparently the cicuit board has broken. This amazes me - other equipment with circuit boards easily manage to last longer than this… Read Full Review

Freeky's Comment

Written on: 25/11/2013

Mine packed up too, systems could have been the board but I found it was the motor as I took the back off, turned it on (would turn on then die) and noted in spin only mode the motor spluttered and sparked.

I replaced the motor with one from an older machine, it now works but spin does not work properly, I have to force reset at end wash then select spin, I suspect the sparking corrupted the memory which can only be re-flashed by Indesit, another bad issue.

Read 1 Comment

“Good product and the short wash cycle option is a...”

Written on: 15/11/2009

Good product and the short wash cycle option is a boon. I usually wash on a 30o temperature and so this is economical. The clothes do not need much ironing after drying in a tumble dryer.

Dispenser drawer was a little awkward to remove/clean out - but not too bad. Attractive machine. Would buy another… Read Full Review