Sovereign Holidays Reviews

Sovereign Holidays - Ask a question now

“Misleading Prices - Poor Service”

written by ianstruthers on 23/04/2019

I have booked with Sovereign in the past and found them good, tried to book a family holiday to the Algarve for June this year, website wouldn’t allow me to complete the booking and said there was a technical problem and to contact them by telephone, I called and went through what i was trying to book, I was told that the holiday was over £800 more, and they would not honour the web price as it was a fault on their system, couldn’t have cared less and offered no discount to try and resolve their issue, won’t be using sovereign again very disappointing and misleading!

“Wonderful resort close to the magnificent Falesia Beach”

written by Stoutov135 on 02/02/2017

We stayed for six nights between Christmas & New Year at the Pine Cliffs resort near Olhos D'Aqua in the Algarve. The complex is wonderful. The three of us (myself, my wife and our 15 year old son) had a three bedroom townhouse which gave us plenty of space. The houses could do with a bit of an upgrade but that's a minor complaint. We were on half-board and so had breakfast and dinner there, and the food was wonderful, with lots of choice. Couple of downsides, after 9.30 am large queues would start to build up for breakfast. Drinks were also very expensive in the bar and restaurant. Lovely staff - couldn't have been more helpful - and loads of facilities within the complex, especially the indoor pool. One concern before arriving was how close was the supermarkets and other restaurants, bars? We needn't have worried, there was a supermarket and a few restaurants opposite, and we were only 15/20 minutes walk to the pleasant town of Olhos D'Aqua.

“Very poss from Kos”

written by 478Frazier on 31/01/2017

What a wonderful time we have had in Kos, sovereign holidays were spot on with their recommendation for hotel and the concierge was full of useful knowledge! we had a fab time! They recommended some wonderful places to eat in Kos town, how to get there etc. Travel consultants in the UK were spot on in the hotel recommendation. We watched the sun setting most evenings form a wonderful little bar! the holiday was perfect for us. Thank you Sovereign holidays. will definitely be using you and your knowledge again.

“Lovely holiday, well managed by Sovereign”

written by on 17/11/2016

This is our fourth or fifth time at the same place and the second time with Sovereign The hotel complex is great, with friendly staff and excellent food and facilities. We enjoyed playing tennis and on a couple of rainy days, borrowed games and sat listening to the piano player in the all inclusive bar. We learned Spanish, played table tennis and ate and drank ourselves to a standstill! The new indoor adults only swim is a good innovation but should be better publicised. Similarly having an outdoor pool with better loungers but adults only was very relaxing. The flight cost was very good value because we had extra leg room which even on a short flight is great for tall people. Before the holiday we were concerned about the airline going out of business - it didn't, but anyway, Sovereign were very comforting when we rang and ensured that we felt confident that we wouldn't lose our holiday if the flights had to be re-booked. All in all, great value for money and a most enjoyable time.

“Tranquil setting, excellent service”

written by Yorkie1950 on 03/11/2016

Travelled from Leeds Bradford airport by Jet2, whose service was excellent. Arrived in Gran Canaria to be met by the Sovereign representative who introduced us to our driver/chauffeur who drove us to our hotel, Cordial Mogan Playa. The hotel reception is very impressive and we were offered a glass of wine or sparkling wine as we checked in. Our room was simple but stylish with a large en-suite and a small terrace overlooking the mountains that surround the hotel. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The meals were buffet style with an enormous choice, however not all to our taste although it was usually possible to find something that we liked. The resort itself is quiet and I believe better suited to couples that families. The hotel had been recommended by a friend who visits there every year. We were not disappointed. The service from Sovereign in the lead up to departure was very good and we would recommend them without hesitation.

“Fantastic second visit”

written by Mario214 on 03/11/2016

This was my second visit to Daios Cove. I took my daughter for her 21st. I found Sovereign consistent and have booked with them before. Everything went well and the hotel completely suprised me with upgrading to their best suite with pool along with a repeat guest resort credit of 50 euros and 20 more towards dinner for us per night. We were over the moon. I would recommend the hotel except it is very expensive and you do need a car to leave the resort, although I already knew that. I would definitely book with Sovereign again.

“Great”

written by Katelynna61 on 12/10/2016

We thought that Sovereign dealt with our requirements in a 1st class way The hotel could not have been better and the position of it is beautiful No words can tell you how wonderful the food is 10/10 . We shall certainly book for next year .Thank you

“Absolutely Disgusting!”

written by Morrowba318 on 23/08/2016

DO NOT USE! I booked a holiday with them for my daughters 20th birthday and paid over £8000 for a 5* resort and butler service. Unfortunately they could not fulfill the promises which was in black and white and called to offer £100 goodwill gesture for the confusion. I am disgusted, thanks Sovereign going to ruin my daughters birthday WELL DONE

“Peace and quiet”

written by on 06/08/2016

What a fantastic holiday all areas of the hotel were great. The only down sides were. 1. No Pool bar snacks. 2. I think we had room 114 when we arrived the room was very hot so I thought it will cool down by bedtime which it didn't so the following day we reported to reception who sent an engineer who said give it an hour, again no differance so we reported it again a different guy came and said it's not working well so we again went to reception, as luck would have it the manager was there and he said we should change rooms and I could not believe the differance it was lovely and we had our first goodnights sleep in 3 day's. But it did not spoil a great holiday.

“Very lovely holiday”

written by Pedro452 on 16/07/2016

Fantastic resort. Lots of space around beach, pool etc. rooms clean, staff very kind and polite.

“Lanzarote Princess Yaiza”

written by on 02/07/2016

Fantastic holiday superbly organised by Sovereign. Everything as promised and more. Lovely resort, beautiful hotel, tremendous family friendly facilities, incredible food and charming staff. What more could you ask for? Thank you Sovereign for recommending the Princess Yaiza and for making everything so effortless.

“Excellent holiday”

written by 242Jensen on 21/05/2016

We went to Lazarote with Sovereign for the third year in a row. Once again we had an excellent holiday and everything was very well organised for us. The concierge in the resort booked restaurant tables for us in advance so we could get window seats in all our favourite places. I would definitely recommend Sovereign to others looking for a similar holiday.

“Elysium Hotel - Paphos”

written by on 12/05/2016

A fabulous hotel, staggering choice of wonderful food, staff were friendly and eager to please. Lovely décor and attention to detail at every level made this a great place to stay. A nice pool to relax by with attentive service for cool drinks or coffee etc. For those who prefer the sea, a sheltered bay protected by a barrier of rocks made for safe swimming. Access to the No1 Traveller Airport Lounge at Gatwick and our own taxi to and from the hotel were the icing on the cake and made this a truly five-star experience. Sovereign certainly delivered on their promise of a luxury holiday

“Lovely holiday experience”

written by ByronLittle1961 on 20/04/2016

After a long cold Scottish winter my wife and I were looking forward to our 10 days in Tenerife in March. We were not disappointed- everything went just perfectly. Aberdeen airport check-in very well managed. Pleasant hour in the lounge with complimentary drinks and snacks followed by a departure bang on time. The Thomson Airways aircraft was very nice inside and flight very comfortable and very pleasant cabin crew. We were met promptly by the Sovereign representative at Tenerife airport and within about 10 minutes we were on our way to the hotel in the private transfer minibus. The hotel we stayed at was just right and exactly as described in the Sovereign brochure and website. Our room was just as described with a very good position, sunny balcony, great bathroom and view of the sea. Pick up from hotel for homeward journey was again spot on time and was a very comfortable Mercedes minibus-which took us to the airport in about 20 minutes. Checkin and security at Tenerife airport was good and the Thomson flight again left on schedule and arrived in Aberdeen a few minutes early. Thank you Sovereign and Thomson Airways for a very enjoyable holiday which was also very good value!

“Lovely hotel but overall holiday far too expensive”

written by CATlady29 on 30/03/2016

We visited Tenerife at the very busiest time of the year (half term October) as a family of four, 2 adults and 2 children. The flights were packed and uncomfortable, we will not be flying Easyjet long haul in a hurry again. However, transfers to and from the hotel were smooth and punctual. Hotel Iberostar Anthelia in Costa Adeje was wonderful even though the rooms were tired looking and in need of renovation. Food and entertainment superb. A huge disappointment to discover that had we booked flights and hotel separately on-line we would have paid about half the price we paid with Sovereign. Cannot believe the massive price we paid for a 7 day holiday in Tenerife. I shall never book with Sovereign again.

“fantastic hotel just don't book with Sovereign”

written by JuliaLile on 24/02/2016

Allegedly luxury holiday was ruined when our flight home via Miami to London Gatwick was delayed by an hour. We stressed out trying to catch our connection but we were informed we would never have caught the flight regardless as 3 hours is required to proceed through American security. We then had to queue yet again to find out about our ongoing journey. We were offered a hotel for the night as we had to wait 24 hours for the next flight, but when we finally arrived at said hotel we were offered the last room. This was a twin single bed room for three of us. We did book a two bedroom suite for the 3 of us. After complaining we have been given as a "goodwill gesture only" (they keep stressing this point) vouchers for Flight which are only valid for use on internal flights within the US. I have told them we live in the UK these flights are of no use to us, but as it's only a goodwill gesture. Bewildered why they would alienate a future potential customer.

“Relaxing and not disturbed”

written by ehaqqani on 11/11/2015

Had a lovely holiday in Daios Cove through Sovereign, they were able to arrange things for us before we left so that when we arrived at the hotel they were already there. No 'rep' meeting that you felt compelled to go to so we weren't disturbed and I felt confident that I could get in touch with them via email if needed. What's best was that Sovereign were noticeably cheaper than other competitors so more to spend on the holiday!

“Perfect family holiday”

written by Burkenv33 on 28/10/2015

We received exactly what we expected for ourselves and our son's young family. There were no false claims of facilities from Sovereign and being able to guarantee that all arrangements would be fulfilled was a real benefit. Easy Jet was not great, late departure, no information and staff more interested in chatting with their colleagues than serving their customers. We have used Sovereign before and will use them again, although we might book our own flights.

“Good holiday, nightmare travel”

written by cumj on 18/10/2015

We had the misfortune to travel with Thomas Cook airlines. On arrival at Glasgow airport we were confronted with a mass of people going to all destinations being booked in at the same desks. We opted to pay £10.00 per person for priority boarding which also included early baggage collection, neither of these occurred. On checking in our bags we were told we were 3 kilos overweight which cost us an extra £45.00 , £15.00 per kilo which I felt was a complete rip off. Our seats were at the very back of the plane with practically no legroom for a six foot person as I am. Suffice to say the return journey was no different except that it took us 75 minutes to check in. We will never travel with this airline again.

“DON'T BOOK SOVEREIGN - If you want a great holiday!”

written by 176Stokes on 25/09/2015

Having just returned from a 7 day holiday and a supposed '4 star' hotel in Marbella, I feel compelled to write a review on how let down I feel and how absolutely gobsmacked at the poor level of customer service provided by Sovereign Holidays. Travelling with 2 elderly parents, I duly explained at the time of booking our holiday that one of them would require special assistance and had specific accommodation needs. We were told to complete and submit a special assistance form which we duly did, months in advance of our departure date. I received an automated email to say that one of their Special Assistance Team would be in touch one month prior to departure. We received no further communication from them and I had to call them on three separate occasions, only to be told by a very bored sounding representative that everything was being processed and someone would be in touch - they never did! When we arrived at the airport, no special assistance or specific requirements detailed in the form had been made (what a surprise!) and my father would have been in extreme difficulties had it not been for the fantastic staff at Flybe and the respective airports of both Southampton and Malaga. The private transfer to and from our '4 star' hotel I have to say was the highlight of our holiday - both the drivers and the standard of vehicle provided were good. Upon arrival at our hotel, we were greeted with unfriendly and quite arrogant reception staff (Fuerte Marbella) and shown to our rooms located opposite what can only be described as a council tenement block and over a busy pedestrian street which was the main garbage collection point. The rooms were double-bedded and each bathroom had a small bath with a shower attachment. Again, given my father's disability, we had advised both on the special needs form and at the time of booking the holiday with Sovereign that they would require a large twin bedded room in quiet location with shower - the total opposite of what we got! I would also like to highlight that given we paid over £3,000 for the holiday, I would have expected rooms with at least some semblance of a Sea View, not something akin to the servants quarters and certainly not at the '4 star' quality rating advertised. After an hour of liaising with surly reception staff who made me feel like another irate guests (of whom there seemed many!) rather than a daughter genuinely concerned with her parents well being - they called our 'Sovereign Concierge' representative. The representative did little to suggest any alternative solutions and basically told me there was nothing that could be done and that we should make a formal complaint upon our return. My father was left unable to wash properly for the duration of his holiday and we had no further contact with our Sovereign Concierge Representative, not even the courtesy of a follow-up call or visit to check if we were OK given, in my opinion, the seriousness of the situation. Upon our return to Malaga airport at the end of the holiday, it was inevitable that nothing had been arranged again by Sovereign with the airport or the airline to ensure my father's safe and comfortable passage home. So, my thanks to Sovereign Holidays for making my parents first holiday in 4 years, following a difficult and courageous struggle with serious illness memorable for all the wrong reasons! I am a seasoned traveller and have made over 100 bookings with various travel 'specialists' through the years. This has been, by far, the worst holiday misrepresentation, value for money and customer service I have ever had the misfortune to experience and I would urge any traveller to seek an alternative company that strive to put the customer first each time - believe me they do exist!