Shearings Holidays Reviews

• Food

• Facilities

• Location

Shearings Holidays - Ask a question now

“Dreadful Holiday Company..........Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!”

Written on: 20/11/2017 by Coyle71 (1 review written)

My friend and I booked a 5 night holiday in Weymouth in June 2017 and stayed at the Royal Weymouth Hotel. On arrival to our room we immediately smelt a pungent smell and complained to the manager who sent a housekeeper to spray the room with air freshener which did not banish this foul odour. We requested a change of room which we were denied. The beds were not only uncomfortable to sleep in but the mattress was very heavily stained with body fluids and when we asked to have a replacement… Read Full Review

Click here to view holiday offers on Expedia

“1st Holiday with Shearings”

Written on: 10/11/2017 by norma09 (1 review written)

My friend and I had 4 days in Llandudno at the Bay County hotel,it was our first time with shearings, we were pleased with everything,could not find fault with anything. Our coach driver deserves a special mention he was brilliant. … Read Full Review

Click here to view holiday offers on Expedia

“my holiday in isle of wight ”

Written on: 03/09/2017 by carolineholland (1 review written)

this was our second shearings holiday I can honestly say I had no faults with the holiday the bus driver and all members of staff couldn't do enough for us they were friendly ad helpful. the menu was good there was a good choice of dishes . the only thing I was not to happy about about was at interchange were we had to wait 2hrs for connecting coach which I didn't mind but then had to go to other services 40 minutes away and stop there for about 45 minutes and the same on way back .we will… Read Full Review

“Journey from Hell!”

Written on: 24/08/2017 by McDermottan480 (1 review written)

We were on a 5 day holiday to see the Palaces in London. We were picked up by a feeder coach at 07.10 which then went on to to 4 other pickups and eventually arrive at the Corley services on M6 at 10am. We then had to wait an hour for the main coach, which went to Warwick services and we waited 3 HOURS for 2 more feeder coaches to meet up with us! We eventually arrived in London 2 hours later making a total of 9 hours travelling, we were shattered - surely this journey could be better… Read Full Review

Click here to view holiday offers on Expedia

“Travelling time getting to the resort”

Written on: 24/07/2017 by Sienna212 (1 review written)

Just got back from a Shearings holiday to The Grand Hotel in Exmouth.The hotel was excellant,apart from the bar prices,and the trips were also very good.The only real down side was the time spent travelling to and from the resort.We left Norwich at 07.10 and arrived in Exmouth at 16.45, a total of 9 hours and 35 minutes!!Coming home was even worse, we left Exmouth at 08.45 and arrived in Norwich at 20.00,a total of 11 hours and 15 minutes!!… Read Full Review

Click here to view holiday offers on Expedia

“Rooms for single travellers”

Written on: 02/07/2017 by maggie2018 (1 review written)

I have found it very difficult to get single rooms on a lot of european holidays with shearings,I have had to book 11 months in advance to get a single room going to adriatic inclusive next May 2018,they should get more single rooms as a lot of people travelling these days are single either older or young… Read Full Review

“Car parking”

Written on: 24/06/2017 by Armstrong250 (1 review written)

Been with Shearings on holidays for quite a few years now and the price of parking car at Stretton keeps going up and up £6 a day now is a bit steep. After all we are not trevelling on your feeder coaches so the cost of car parking should be cheaper… Read Full Review

Click here to view holiday offers on Expedia

“Would definitely recommend - except you're a singleton!”

Written on: 02/05/2017 by Jalen451 (1 review written)

This year I have taken 2 great 5-day holidays with Shearings, one to Melrose and the other to Holland. On the strength of my experiences I've been trying to book another break On-line for September but have repeatedly got 'Holiday is currently not on sale.' The trouble is, it is on sale - to couples. I contacted Customer Services, to be informed that one has to book early to get a single room. Given this situation pertains to two different hotels, how smug of Shearings. The coach for both… Read Full Review

“Well done Shearings ”

Written on: 28/04/2017 by GretaKerr (1 review written)

Friend and I have just returned from a enjoyable 4 day break in Bath and stayed at the Lansdown grove hotel we could not fault anything, the coach journey, driver , hotel, food, room, staff was so friendly… Read Full Review

Click here to view holiday offers on Expedia

“ BAY INCLUSIVE - Torquay”

Written on: 10/04/2017

Fast and easy booking online. From the moment I checked in, I was made to feel so welcome all the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is at the top of a hill, out of the centre of Torquay a 15minute, downhill walk to the seafront. There is a bus (stop near the hotel) which can take you down into town and on to Paignton, or in the other direction to Newton Abbott and beyond. Room was very comfortable and clean with an ensuite shower and WC. All meals were delicious. Good choice… Read Full Review

“Totally incompetent.”

Written on: 03/04/2017 by MikeCooper123 (1 review written)

I booked a coach holiday (for four) to Holland to visit the bulb fields starting May 7th 2017 in November and paid the deposit of £296.00. 8th March 2017 I received an email saying the hotel name had changed.The hotel was not the one we were due to stay in and was in a different location. I emailed Shearing's about this but did not get a reply. I paid in full the cost of the holiday a few days later and they gladly accepted the payment. On 29th March I received an email stating that our… Read Full Review

“Excellent break”

Written on: 06/03/2017 by iqShields280 (1 review written)

I have just returned from a mid week break at the Lansdown Court Hotel in Bath. I can sum up my total experience in one word-Excellent. From being picked up until return home, the organisation was first class I cannot praise Shearings staff and the hotel staff highly enough. They were 1st class from beginning to end. Well done… Read Full Review

Click here to view holiday offers on Expedia

“Our holiday experience of Oban with Shearings”

Written on: 03/02/2017 by Auroraa298 (1 review written)

My wife and I took a holiday on the 20th of Jan 2017 with Shearings to Oban departing from Leigh lancashire and all we can say is 'great'- we liked everything If that experience was an average Shearings experience then we say 'bring it on' and we will be booking again and again Shearings and the hotel staff were great and the buses were Immaculate One suggestion; put a 'congratulations' book in the Lymn bus change station as U deserve it… Read Full Review

“turkey tinsel”

Written on: 20/11/2016 by Thornton1955 (1 review written)

18 of us have just come back from self drive turkey and tinsel at bay royal in Weymouth. This was the worst turkey and tinsel I have been on. My partner had his own coach company so I have been on many. Hotel was freezing, no disabled room available for a couple who had booked as it was given to somebody else. Entertainment was terrible. Mulled wine we couldnt touch untill the coach people arrived in the evening. No father Christmas. One lady had no working toilet for three days despite… Read Full Review

“Single lady travellers”

Written on: 06/11/2016 by Joc200 (1 review written)

Re previous review ... this also happened to me someone should start LISTENING !!!… Read Full Review

Joycem's Response to Joc200's Review

Written on: 06/11/2016

It also happened to me and Shearings are aware. Something must be done here.

Anitakeane's Response to Joc200's Review

Written on: 31/12/2016

sadly i know its not a shearings holiday im talking about but the same happened to me on a leger coach what is it with some drivers im not saying all some are great but you get the odd creep that thinks hes gods gift and ruins your holiday i went through company police the lot and the hotel and got no back up at all very scary if your on your own its nice to have a laugh yes but some take it as an invite to bed yeeeuk

Written on: 15/01/2017

I do wonder if these coach holiday companies ignore these serious comments if so they should be very much aware that this happens to single lady passengers frequently and they are mostly too embarrassed to take the. matter further but suffer great distress from having a predator driving the coach

Read 5 Comments

“As driver like singe women.I find out after holiday he...”

Written on: 23/10/2016 by 241Schneider (1 review written)

As driver like singe women.I find out after holiday he mess around with passengers,while he is away from home.He tell women he is singe but he has Partner at home. Bad experience I had. Shearings dont take serious about complain at all.Never trust drivers,put me off to use shearings again. Shearings policy should remind every driver on duty to respect women.Very disappointed my holiday… Read Full Review

Nozza61's Comment

Written on: 11/11/2016

Yes. I had the same problem with Tyrers in Adlington, Chorley. They make out it is your fault and even barred me from their coach tours and I did nothing wrong. I wouldn't care, the driver had such a big fat belly I wouldn't have looked twice at him.

Brownhillsbabe's Comment

Written on: 09/12/2016

Why is this on shearings review page as it about TYRERS COACHES

Anitakeane's Comment

Written on: 31/12/2016

beacuase it brings to light whats going on a woman should be safe on her own unless she wants to take someone to bed then fine if not she should be safe

Written on: 30/04/2017

As a single woman who has recently taken two holidays with Shearings, I must say I have not had a bad experience with their drivers (although I did with a couple of male customers on the way back from the trip to Holland). What I am noticing, however, is that as a singleton it is difficult to book with Shearings, with an obvious bias in favour of couples and selling rooms for 2 persons / coach seats in pairs. Indeed, I have this week-end been excluded from 2 holidays I tried to book for September, even though the coaches for both are no more than a quarter full and even though I could have booked if part of a couple.

Brownhillsbabe's Comment

Written on: 31/01/2017

Did you report the driver this is happening too often I know a lot of ladies who have been pestered by coach drivers who think we are easy pickings ... I have complained but no action was taken.... free license to carry on regardless

Read 12 Comments

“nice short break ”

Written on: 10/10/2016 by Davisqt86 (1 review written)

Nice Hotel in a good location in Folkestone although rooms were clean and checked daily were in need of re-decorating and some repairs to windows Double Glazing blown and in Bathroom need new suits and for disabled/elderly no bath just a walk in shower would be better. Also very cold in dining room large windows Not Double glazed! Staff were very very helpful with everything nothing was too much trouble, All the Shearings Drivers were really helpful but we found leaving at 6.15 am to go to the… Read Full Review

“worst holiday ever”

Written on: 09/10/2016 by RobertoFrazier239 (1 review written)

Bad from the minute we arrived at Normanton 2.5 hrs wait in the cold no seating place packed all coaches had left but ours then a nightmare of a journey to Oban 14 hrs from leaving home 21.30 eating a meal break down drivers hrs fed up driver unable to get help contact then lift in hotel broke down friend fell down stairs at hospital all day need I go on first and last time using this company… Read Full Review

Click here to view holiday offers on Expedia

“Good holiday - bad accomodation”

Written on: 26/09/2016 by TyreeHall491 (1 review written)

We were picked up in Biggleswade late by Tates coaches and finally arrived at Corley services at 12.45. Unfortunately due to problems with toilets we were taken to the wrong side of the services for transfer to our holiday coach. We were told to be ready for boarding by 1.15pm (a stop of just 30 minutes)however, it was nearer 2pm when we finally boarded. Once on board we travelled to Stretton where there was yet another change of driver. We were then taken to Days Inn, Liverpool for our holiday… Read Full Review

Click here to view holiday offers on Expedia

“Valley of doom and gloom.”

Written on: 22/09/2016

We stayed at the valley of the rocks hotel there is only one thing to do with this hotel lock the door and throw the key in the sea provided you on the outside sorry but it really bad… Read Full Review

View holidays on Expedia