NatWest Mortgage Reviews - www.natwest.com

NatWest Mortgage www.natwest.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for NatWest Mortgage www.natwest.com

NatWest Mortgage www.natwest.com

“False promises and wasted time”

written by SaniyaHunter419 on 02/12/2022

Starting with the good, I already have one buy to let mortgage with Natwest. The application took about 4-5 weeks. Offer was granted and no issues. The transaction completed all fine. However, 3 months later I decided to submit another buy to let application for a different property. This time things were bad on all levels. It took them 10 days to key in the application and only did it after I called twice. After 6 agonising weeks, they rejected the application based on affordability because they changed their stress test inbetween applying and decision. They also undervalued the potential rent by £50 a month. They told me to re-apply and add £10,000 to the deposit! Now, I have a lot of experience with other lenders. Most others would just amend the application. Anyway, I re-applied and added £10,000 to the deposit. 3 weeks later they tell me that it has again failed on affordability but this time no explanation given. I was told to seek independent advice. A total of nine weeks wasted. I have been their customer for nearly 20 years. I feel like running away.

“Wasted weeks listening to bs from Natwest. ”

written by martinluscombe on 12/09/2022

Natwest in Bath repeatedly promised to provide a mortgage "everything is fine" then when I rang to actually sort a date after selling my flat, sorting out a solicitor etc they said they didnt do Tenants in Common mortgages. I dont believe they even understood the term. They had all my information, all digidocs completed, then just no... The mortgage advisor wont meet with me, the branch manager more or less laughed in my face. I've had an account with Natwest for 50 yrs and I was just dismissed without even an apology for weeks of wasted time. If I hadn't phoned them I would still bewaiting...

“Verified Credit Expert”

written by Sarahmaskey01 on 16/12/2020

A lot of people are not aware that The credit score doesn’t matter nearly as much as the actual information in your credit report. At this point in my life, I’ve come to realize Credit repair is not just a bill, it is an investment. You are simply fixing mistakes from your past so you can have a better future. As i look back on my life, i realized that every time i thought i was being rejected from something good, it was actually tied to my bad credit and I was being rejected for quite a lot due to my poor credit records; credit scores, public records, credit and rental history. i came across a review on this website by G. Maguire, about XPRESS CREDIT REPAIR, Email: (xpress.credit.tycoon/@/gmail/.com) I contacted them, and to my greatest surprise they increased my credit score to 784 and deleted all negative items on my credit report within a short period, replacing them with positive tradelines. I even had to re-check my reports couple of times just to be sure. Thanks to Xpress Credit, so Grateful.

“Good provider”

written by aHunt1978 on 10/03/2020

Been with natwest mortgage since 2017, no issues at all and can't understand the poor reviews here, it's just a mortgage, pay on time you will be fine)

Sarahmaskey01's Response to aHunt1978's Review

Written on: 16/12/2020

A lot of people are not aware that The credit score doesn’t matter nearly as much as the actual information in your credit report. At this point in my life, I’ve come to realize Credit repair is not just a bill, it is an investment. You are simply fixing mistakes from your past so you can have a better future. As i look back on my life, i realized that every time i thought i was being rejected from something good, it was actually tied to my bad credit and I was being rejected for quite a lot due to my poor credit records; credit scores, public records, credit and rental history. i came across a review on this website, about CREDIT REPAIR, I contacted them, and to my greatest surprise they increased my credit score to 784 and deleted all negative items on my credit report within a short period, replacing them with positive tradelines. I even had to re-check my reports couple of times just to be sure. Thanks to them, so Greatful.

“Short-staffed call centre”

written by ghgf on 10/02/2020

I had to wait 36 minutes for customer services to answer the phone. They clearly don't care about their existing mortgage customers.

“worst mortgage provider”

written by Milagrosd360 on 05/12/2019

Its taken over 2 months and still re-mortgage application is at the first stage of the process. I have ended up with 2 months of over charged interest with current bank as a result now. even if NatWest are the cheapest, I would suggest to pick the 2nd cheapest!

“Shower of s.h.i.t.e.”

written by Matt-hogan on 01/10/2019

Never... ever...ever get a mortgage with these clowns. Even if it the rate is good you'll end up.paying more than you should. The whole firm is corrupt and hell bent on shafting the honest working man like myself. Having come to the end of our "cheap" rate we are trying to move elsewhere but Natwest have dragged their heels for weeks and we've just made a second over inflated payment thanks to their level of negligence. When we set up the mortgage 5.5yrs ago we got shafted on the rate advertised after they undervalued our house by ober £100k. This firm should operate with striped jumpers and masks. I cannot tell the appalling level of service we've been offered. Scandalous!!!

“Brilliant customer service! ”

written by BrycePierce468 on 24/06/2019

We currently have our mortgage with Natwest and decided to stick with them for our upcoming move. We have somehow managed to engage the worst solicitor/conveyancer in the UK (Avoid NBM like the plague) and have had to contact natwest several times, as the solicitors have blamed their own incompetence on the actions of other people. Nat west staff have bent over backwards to help us, and have always phoned back when they said they would, followed up when they said they would, and sent every email that they said they would. In a world of poor customer service, they stand out like a beacon. I can heartily recommend them. Before you choose your mortgage provider, I reckon it's always good to know how they treat you once they have your custom. My only ever issue was over the rates. Now, whilst I don't agree with their policy of only offering lower rates to new customers, I understand that they will no longer be able to do that, due to a law change. That has been my only quibble, ever, and now that has gone. I think the fact that we went back to them speaks for itself.

“Natwest Mortgage”

written by IshaanFarley252 on 28/10/2017

remortgaged from another lender 2 years ago and the process was great with my local Natwest Bank. I bank with Natwest anyway which i guess helped. They explained everything and was a fast efficient process. The online area is great as can overpay easily etc and even when i paid my full amount at the time [10% per year] they just bumped my mortgage to the right amount. Once the 2 year deal ended, on SVR again, very easy to overpay as much as you want/.

“mortgage cancelled”

written by Waterman64 on 11/06/2017

mortgage in principle accepted. no communication until I hear from estate agents that they've received a valuation survey date. So I'm assuming everything is going a long fine. On the day of the valuation survey they cancelled survey and refused my mortgage. It took them over a month to get to that stage.Fair enough they do their checks, Apparently my credit score wasn't high enough for them, but surely that's one of the first things they do. I nearly lost house as seller was waiting to move. I've got a mortgage now , but 5-6 weeks behind because of NatWests lack of customer care

“Declined mortgage but over a month to refund fees!”

written by 411Holder on 09/04/2017

Applied after being informed by broker that husbands bad credit would not affect my chances, fees taken, mortgage declined on husbands bad credit even though mortgage just in my name. A month after decline fees still not refunded, absolutely inexcusable!

Dhunter2's Comment

Written on: 11/04/2017

Hi.

We sent our application off two weeks ago. The survey was done last Thursday but we now have to wait until next week for the underwriter to make a decision or come back with more queries.

Were you declined early in the process or further on down the line?

Thanks.

“Wonderful Service”

written by RonnieSalazar on 17/02/2017

NatWest were fast, speedy and efficient. We had a mortgage broker who obtained the mortgage – We submitted the initial application to obtain the Agreement in Principle on Tuesday 7th February which all went through fine. We then contacted the vendors for a second viewing on a house and they stated that the Surveyor had turned up 2 days later. We heard from the broker on the following Monday to let us know that the survey was all fine. She then contacted us the next day to ask some questions that NatWest had sent over, then on that Friday we received the mortgage offer in the post. I cannot thank our broker enough for recommending NatWest and also NatWest for their wonderful service. All in All 9 days from initial application to obtain the AIP to Full Mortgage Offer received in the post. – Fantastic!

Browny8179's Comment

Written on: 30/01/2020

Was there a last check done on your file from NatWest?

“Mortgage”

written by turayy on 28/09/2016

I had a disappointment with precise mortgages. I sorted out the problems that lead me to precise in the first place. after my wife's credit score was amended my brokers approach Natwest my mortgages application took 10 working day to proceed to offer we are very happy with them I think I will switch all my banking affairs to them. It is sad when you be with some banks for 20 years they cannot help you. Just have to share my good new .We will be exchanging soon. Thanks to Natwest for making my dreams to come to reality

“Poor Communication”

written by RichardE1980 on 16/09/2016

Submitted my application online and received a mortgage number the next day with a link to track everything online. The following day I received a text message and an email to say I should receive the paperwork within 5 days. Two weeks on and nothing arrived, so I phoned them and was told it looks like the application is "stuck" so they will give the underwriters a nudge and update me within 24 hours. They didn't, so I called again and was told that they are now waiting for me to return the paperwork - I explained I hadn't been sent any paperwork so they assured me it would be sent again. No paperwork arrived but today I received a text asking me to call them. I did so and was told that the application has been declined because I applied online, but if I'd like to go and apply in branch then it will be accepted?! This has come nearly three weeks after I initially applied! I'm going elsewhere now for the mortgage as I don't trust NatWest any longer.

“fantastic ”

written by kellieo on 14/07/2016

Nationwide offered me a mortgage then 3 months later said no. Natwest offered and accepted within 5 days. Everything went so smooth I didn't have to chase anything or even ask a question. Rates were good and repayments were cheapest I could find. They were informative and kept me up to date all the way. No problems. No hassle. Would definitely recommend and use again in a heartbeat.

“Empty promises...unreliable...”

written by mk7777 on 12/04/2016

Everything I had already done, mortgage sketch, all the documents, the valuation of the service fee £ 250, waited 10 days to respond, after valuation ... and nothing !!!After my intervention of what is going on, they answer me with the surveyor does not accept the my house because few homes were sold in my area, and the bank refused me a mortgage because of the bank security criteria.Just liar -bank NOT INFORM AT THE BEGINNING OF WHAT bank accepts WHAT DO .. avoid like the plague NATSHITWEST People!!! nat west robbing people in the name of the law ... £ 250 for 5 min survey and then forget about you. Even don't send to you a valuation of the building.

“Empty promises...unreliable...”

written by mk7777 on 12/04/2016

“Borrowing more declined”

written by Louisd207 on 31/03/2016

When I first ring natwest to ask if I can borrow more on my mortgage they said yes and ask if I have a quote already blalblablaaahhh so I arrange a builder to do me a quote for my kitchen. And in the end they declined it I was v disappointed as they give you assurance that you can borrow more. I just don't like the way they tell you from the start that yes you can borrow more but in the end they just declined it because you have a low credit rating. We just had a mortgage getting into property ladder but natwest our lender we can't rely to them. I am trying to find a new lender now to move our mortgage!!! Thanks natwest you makes me very unhappy for not granting to borrow more to our mortgage!!!

“Painfully slow”

written by happyhorsez on 11/03/2016

Applied for a mortgage several weeks ago, for the last week or so our broker has been chasing it daily, as have we, but there is just no movement and no one providing any information. We have had four final deadlines that we will 'definitely receive a decision by' but they have come and gone. We were fast tracked to receive a decision but again the deadline came and went. Withdrew our application and went with another lender, received approval within 3 working days. Avoid Natwest.

“Trust me with this one on no account do not let...”

written by Blackburn393 on 22/01/2016

Trust me with this one on no account do not let Natwest use optima legal for your mortgage you can use different solicitors if your unsure about optima legal read there reviews I wish I had done 4 months so far and no where even close on sorting this mortgage out by the time I get this mortgage sorted out the fixed rate will probably have ended, Natwest are fully aware of all the complaints that have been made about optical legal solicitors but I suppose it suits Natwest cause it takes so long you only get a couple of months discounted mortgage so don't think you are going to get it for 12 or 24 months Optima legal worst solicitors I have ever used and I have used loads Natwest for using them or are they actually using them cause they save money cause it takes so long and you only get a few months of a fixed rate ?

Asked by ellis48 on 29th April 2015 Report this content
Why has nat west not sent the surveyor yet for the buyer of my property. they paid for it over 5 weeks ago. and its holding my purchase up now. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is this normal?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Asked by BIGBUDDAH on 21st March 2014 Report this content
We have applied for a mortgage through NatWest, they have asked us to clear a loan before our application is approved. If we clear it what are our chances of being approved for the mortgage?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site