Sony Ericsson W880i Reviews

• Reception

• Style

Sony Ericsson W880i - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony Ericsson W880i

“Well yes this is nice looking phone and etc., but it...”

written by on 24/09/2009

Well yes this is nice looking phone and etc., but it has some very serious drawbacks. I got my (first w880i) 1.5 years ago but, after using it 10 months, it was replaced during guarantee because the phone could not be turned ON at some point. The new phone worked some months and then started to hang or switch itself off randomly. Only the removal of battery helps to bring the phone back to live. The random hanging really drives my crazy so i would like to throw it against brick wall but instead i must again go to the repairs. Maybe the phone has bad memory card or even bad battery... I want to receive and take calls not to debug the phone

“Sony Ericsson W880i is a good phone, stylish, small,...”

written by on 13/05/2009

Sony Ericsson W880i is a good phone, stylish, small, compact and lite, a good buy.... like it

“Sony Ericsson W880i has 2mp cameras, 3g for fast...”

written by samhellawell on 13/05/2009

Sony Ericsson W880i has 2mp cameras, 3g for fast internet, front camera for video calls, walkman and mostly everything......... :p really good, compact and lite...... Good buy......

“Sony Ericsson W880i phone was fine for about a year,...”

written by jammyrhona on 02/03/2009

Sony Ericsson W880i phone was fine for about a year, but suddenly everything seemed to go wrong with it. I work on call and this phone has caused me to miss a callout when I've suddenly found it switched off, and switch it back on to find countless voicemails & texts. Not good.

“I wouldnt buy this phone the Sony Ericsson w880i if I...”

written by on 11/11/2008

I wouldnt buy this phone the Sony Ericsson w880i if I was buying again and wouldn't recommend it. How can Sony Ericsson not deal with this and the customers they are fleecing?

“Best phone I've ever had! Brilliant features, looks...”

written by Rachel Louise on 08/10/2008

Best phone I've ever had! Brilliant features, looks brilliant, easy to use, great value for money, fantastic phone from Sony erricson it turned me into a fan!

“I have a contract with Orange and apparently they know...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by cazza10 on 29/09/2008

I have a contract with Orange and apparently they know that these phones are faulty, yet refuse to replace mine with anything else.

It's been a long year...........

433652_Shiv85's Response to cazza10's Review

Written on: 19/01/2009

I agree with this review because... I have had exactly the same problem! But I have just been informed they will change the model of the mobile if you report 4 or more faults which are the same.
<br/>Anyway hope is out there if you continue to report the faults!
<br/>I have just been told I shall be receiving a different model in the next few days!

“The Sony Ericsson W880i is very slim but now on 3rd...”

written by on 23/07/2008

The Sony Ericsson W880i is very slim but now on 3rd phone and still keeps loosing signal. Not at all happy with this phone although I loved my previous Sony Ericson this model has been a nightmare.

“Excellent phone best phone I had, pity camera is...”

written by on 22/07/2008

Excellent phone best phone I had, pity camera is slightly poor and no light/flash, but has everything I need with great life.

“The Sony Ericsson W880i is a nice phone when it works....”

written by on 05/07/2008

The Sony Ericsson W880i is a nice phone when it works. But don't buy unless they improve reliability. I had 8 phones in 1 year due to repeated faults - crashing & unable to revive.

“This was my first Sony Ericsson and it will most...”

written by stuarty83 on 01/07/2008

This was my first Sony Ericsson and it will most definately be my last!
Having this phone for only a couple of months and after experiencing several problems with the software i have finally given up all hope of ever having this phone working properly.
Software problems which i have experienced have been :
freezing whilst carrying out mundane tasks e.g. writing a msg or taking a photo.
Buttons jam or stop working all together
The newest problem seems to be the phone has a desire to turn itself off and on randomly - that is to say it runs itself off and then on and then off and on and off and on with in half a min - as you can imagine this can make trying to contact someone impossible and rather irritating!!
The camera is also rather poor with any filming attempts resulting in an incoherent blur.....

I appreciate that there is a majority of positive feedback however I would urge anyone thinking about one of these phones to strongly consider ANY alternative or at least consider using their local postal service as (going on personal experience) they may be more reliable than this poor excuse for a communication device(!)

“Had to replace mine 3 times now due to an access to...”

written by on 25/06/2008

Had to replace mine 3 times now due to an access to network fault that keeps recurring. The SIM and reception worked fine in other models of phone but this one keeps having the same fault. Disappointing and unreliable.

“I was certainly not impressed with this phone the sony...”

written by on 16/06/2008

I was certainly not impressed with this phone the sony ericsson w880i, it is the one of the worst phones I have had apart from an old motorola but this phone is constantly breaking. I have had it replaced and it still does the same things, it is a good looking phone which is what made me buy it but I would never ever buy it again, my advice stick to good old samsungs

“Excellent phone good looking love it!!!”

written by dannystar on 30/04/2008

Excellent phone good looking love it!!!

“I like the sleek design and how small it is all that...”

written by on 09/03/2008

I like the sleek design and how small it is all that lets this beautiful phone down is the keypad x

“The Sony Ericsson W880i phone is brilliant I swapped...”

written by liam5293 on 06/03/2008

The Sony Ericsson W880i phone is brilliant I swapped it for my Lg viewty some people might wonder why but i'm glad.

The phone is super slim and has a great design the only fault i found with it is the earphone slot seems to be wobbly and they fall out alot but all the other features work perfectly. Its my first sony ericsson and im not in no rush to get rid of it or even thinking about turning my lg back on.

“Various people I know that have owned this phone have...”

written by RAEW on 18/02/2008

Various people I know that have owned this phone have had similar issues with the phone switching off.

“I love this phone to look at, and the tiny size is a...”

written by dcarterclout on 31/01/2008

I love this phone to look at, and the tiny size is a real selling point. However, I've been disappointed with it to use - nothing is fundamentally wrong but there a lot of niggles (small keys, sluggish OS, and shaky reception compared to my old W810i). Naturally there have to be a few corners cut to squeeze so much phone into a small box, but nevertheless I'd have hoped it would run at least as well as my W810i which is 18 months older. Get this phone if you need something small, but if you can bear a bigger package you can get better performance elsewhere.

“I got this phone the sony ericsson w880i a couple of...”

written by claire110110 on 22/01/2008

I got this phone the sony ericsson w880i a couple of weeks ago now. I had the w580i before but after 3 months it became completely unusable. I contacted Carphone Warehouse and they were having none of it. So I contacted O2 and they said send my W580i back and they will replace it with the W880i for free! When I recieved this phone, I found the keys a bit hard to use as they are so small and I kept accidently pressing the Internet button but after a day or two I finally got the hang of it and I have found it so easy to use. I have also noticed that my battery lasts longer then on the W580i. With that phone I had to charge it every other night. Since I have had the W880i I have charged it about 3/4 times!
Hope this helps

“I've had four replacements of this model as it...”

written by on 14/01/2008

I've had four replacements of this model as it repeatedly developed the same fault - freezing/shutting itself off after use. Unreliable, poor camera with no auto focus or flash, reception is questionable. Keys are awkward to use due to poor, small design. Would not recommend.

Immarksmith12's Comment

Written on: 17/02/2011

Sony Ericsson W880i is a very slim and very attracting in look and it has very cool features.