Geox Trainers & Sandals Reviews

Geox Trainers and Sandals - Ask a question now

“waste of money ”

Written on: 20/06/2016 by ArmaniMcGrath (1 review written)

I paid e75 for my geox sandals, an utter rip off. They lasted 5 months & fell in half. I was assured they'd last me years. Absolute rubbish, don't waste your money.

“Geox William childrens school shoes”

Written on: 12/03/2014 by 1981Guthrie (1 review written)

I cant believe how bad Geox Customer Service is. My 7 year old wore his for only 14 days before the sole came away from the toe. I've written 8 emails over 6 weeks to them and had no worthwhile response. I've replaced them with Clarks which are just fine. I would never buy another Geox pair as I couldn't trust the construction or the customer service.

“Geox Shoes, Trainers and Sandals can be quite...”

Written on: 10/02/2007 by Helen of Troy (188 reviews written)

Geox Shoes, Trainers and Sandals can be quite expensive for children. I have seen them on sale for around £75 in the High Street. Some are more expensive still!

I purchased a pair of Geox Trainers and a pair of Geox sandals for my eight year old last year. The trainers have been worn almost constantly since September; even to School, as he didn't like his School shoes after I bought them! Luckily he has not been told off, as they are dark beige!

So why are they so expensive?

Geox are Italian Designer Footwear with a difference.

There is hardly a sign of wear on my son's trainers, and they are still good enough to be worn out as best casual! His sandals lasted the whole summer, and will take him into this summer too. It looks to me like children outgrow these shoes rather than wear them out!

Geox shoes are unique in that they allow the feet to breathe through tiny holes in the sole, and the sole remains waterproof, so water does not go back up into the shoe on a wet day. The insoles are leather as are part of the uppers. These shoes are very healthy for the feet, NO CHEESY SOCKS!

According to Wikipedia, the name GEOX comes from a mixture between the Greek word "geo" (earth, on which we all walk), and "x", a letter-element symbolizing technology.

Mario Moretti Polegato, who founded the company, came up with the idea for the shoe while at a wine industry conference. His feet were very hot while out jogging, so he had the idea to cut a couple of holes in the sole of his shoes.
He developed this idea with the help of the small leather-goods business belonging to his family, into the shoes we know as Geox.

The designs of Geox Shoes Trainers and Sandals are very modern and trendy, in colours that children will love to wear. Geox also make footwear for adults.

After buying these trainers and sandals for my son, I decided to buy a pair of trainers for myself! The adult footwear can be well over £100 on the High Street! That is a whole lot of money, but you may be lucky enough to find a nice pair in the right size on eBay (like I did!)!

I will certainly buy Geox Footwear again for my son, but I don't think I will need another pair trainers for myself. The ones I have look like they will last forever!

252776_Anonymous101's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 12/02/2007

I'll have to check these out, as I've never heard of the Geox brand before!

252776_Anonymous101's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 13/02/2007

I've had a pair of Russell and Bromley shoes before, and I can vouch for their quality. I will certainly check out Geox!

Helen Of Troy's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 13/02/2007

They sell them in Russell and Bromleys, but if you can find any in your size on eBay, they are usually a lot cheaper!

Read 3 Comments