Pioneer PL-990 Reviews

Main characteristics
Drive Type: Belt
Other Features
Speed Settings: 33.3 RPM, 45 RPM, 78 RPM

“The Pioneer PL990 is really intended as a budget...”

written by on 27/04/2011

The Pioneer PL990 is really intended as a budget turntable which can be added to an existing hi-fi. I use it with a Pioneer and a Denon mini system and, although it cannot be described as audiophile quality, the PL990 does a good all-round job. The turntable is pre-wired for connection to the aux (NOT phono) sockets at the rear of a hi-fi/amplifier, so you will need to check that your system has this facility. It is good that you do not have to buy additional leads, an unusual feature. I am pleased with my PL990 and think that it is ideal for those who want to continue to enjoy their record collection without a lot of hassle and expense. I have always found Pioneer products to be durable and reliable, and hopefully this will be the case with my new turntable.