Lexar Multi-Card USB 2.0 Card Reader Reviews

Lexar Multi-Card USB 2.0 Card Reader - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Lexar Multi-Card USB 2.0 Card Reader

Lexar Multi-Card USB 2.0 Card Reader

☆☆☆☆☆

“After dropping and breaking my Belkin multi-card...”

Written on: 02/02/2007 by Ieuanfawr (68 reviews written)

After dropping and breaking my Belkin multi-card reader, I bought the Lexar, hoping it would be sturdier. It turned out to be even flimsier.

The CF slot works OK, but I can't get the SD slot to detect any of my cards. On one occasion the lights flashed, but Windows Explorer asked for the card to be inserted.

The MiniSD slot worked sometimes.

Very poor quality. Avoid… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to Ieuanfawr's Review

Written on: 02/02/2007

Ieuan...I bought a Trust 16-in-1 USB 2 Card Reader in Tesco's, and it works fine for my cards, but I've not been able to test all the slots, as I don't have the necessary cards. It is really well made, with a strong metal case, and it gives the impression one could use it as a tack hammer!

Ieuanfawr's Response to Ieuanfawr's Review

Written on: 03/02/2007

Thanks for that. Most multi card readers seem to be less robust than they should be. I'd like one that can be nailed to the desk, or one that wasn't so light that the tension in the USB cable will swing it around.
<br/>
<br/>Yesterday, I ordered a new one from Crucial (the memory people), who, if their memory modules are anything to go by, should produce a solid and reliable one.
<br/>www.crucial.com/uk/store/partspecs.aspx?imodule=CTR8ACPU2
<br/>
<br/>Hopefully it will be third time lucky.

Read 2 Comments