Sony KDFE50A12 Reviews

Digital TV Standard: HDTV-Ready
Display Resolution: 1280 x 720 pixels
Screen Size: 50 inch
Display Capabilities
Broadcast Format Displayed: 720p (HDTV)480p (EDTV)480i (SDTV)
Digital TV Standard: HDTV-Ready - Requires separate receiver to view HDTV signals.
Built-in Tuner: NTSCPALSECAM
Sleep Timer: With Sleep Timer
Connectors
Headphone Jack: With Headphone Jack
Screen Text
OSD Languages: EnglishGermanFrenchItalianRussianSpanishDutchSwedishPortugueseFinnishTurkishGreekPolishDanishNorwegianCzechHungarianBulgarian
Channel Labels: With Channel Labels
Width: 118.4 cm
Depth: 40.8 cm
Weight: 32.5 kg
Included Accessories: TV Stand

“Just bought the Sony KDFE50A12 second hand, and no...”

written by djpkirk on 19/08/2008

Just bought the Sony KDFE50A12 second hand, and no problems so far. The previous owner had had it for over a year, but hadn''t used all its potential. So I set about doing so. Plugged into it I have a DVD recorder, a VCR, a Sky HD box, an AppleTV, a Wii and a 5.1 Surround system. To inform others I can report that the onboard Freeview tuner offers a terrific picture, once I connected the TV up to my aerial, and setting it up via the automatic digital tuner was a breeze. There is also a tolerably good analogue input: whilst the Digital Freeview found upwards of 90 channels, the Analogue one only found the usual four. It is a fabulous picture, whatever the input, but of course it really shines when watching the Olympics on BBC HD. The screen is bright enough to counter the streaming sunshine coming through my living room windows during the day: which was the main reason I bought the TV (I already have a Hitachi PJXT300 HD projector for night time TV watching, but it was getting irritating to have to close the curtains during the day. That machine gives a screen size on the wall of about 72" - but I am still impressed by the clarity, colour and size of the Sony TV.) I have no idea how much this machine originally cost, but I found it on eBay for £500, so I am very pleased with the purchase.