Teac R1 Reviews

Other
Height: 11.4 cm
Width: 21.6 cm
Depth: 11.4 cm

“Got new in 2005 and still going strong”

written by 138Hatch on 04/10/2023

Just ordered a replacement battery from Amazon (~$16). First used the radio in my RV to listen to XM when on the road. Now mostly in the garage for sports and XM. I dropped the radio and cracked the case; a little super glue and all is good. Considering the age the sound is great. Aux in, tone controls, & ability to charge makes it a keeper. I am sure better radios are now available but why should I throw away one that works OK.

“No spares at TEAC”

written by Jennypeel on 27/11/2012

I bought my TEAC R1 about 2 years ago and I love it. Easy to use, controls are clear, sound quality is perfectly adequate for listening to speech radio, which is what I mainly do. So far, so good! I keep it plugged in to the mains, but like to be able to take it round the house,using its rechargeable batteries. A few weeks ago I realised that the battery pack was failing and have since been told they are designed to last about a year. My problems started when I tried to source a new battery pack. A local electrical retailer quoted me a price of £74, which of course is ridiculous. So I rang the number on the instruction booklet, only to find that TEAC UK no longer exists as a company and the two remaining employees in the office have no access to spare parts. They have been taken over by Onkyo,who equally could not help me with spare parts, but promised to contact me, when they had made enquiries. I have rung several times and they always promise, but they never get back to me. So my warning to anyone thinking of buying this radio is that you will get no aftersales service whatsoever! JennyA

“It not that bad but it not the best.”

written by snazal on 17/01/2010

It not that bad but it not the best.

“I have tried a number of portable speakers,...”

written by on 14/01/2010

I have tried a number of portable speakers, rechargeable and battery, and this beats them all. It feels robust- the Ipal needs such a handle. The radio is not as sensitive as my Kaito, but the sound of the Teac r1 is remarkable. Using CD player (better) or mp3 (OK), this is the unit to carry for country weekends. A single battery powered speaker requires prudent selection of music, but this handsome, simple unit provides a warm, rich sound. No trace of distortion until battery begins to run low on charge. If you find one, get it.

“The Teac R1 is a great little radio. Good sound and...”

written by on 28/09/2009

The Teac R1 is a great little radio. Good sound and not tinney like many small radios. Highly recommened for a small portable. Like it so much have purchased three. Good quality contruction. This is first review I have written on any thing;but this radio is so excellent in a world of plstic junk I feelt compeled to do it.