Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi 150 SRi 5dr Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Summary

Read user reviews of the Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi from customers past and present. Submit your own review and tell us what you think about this car.
Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi 150 SRi 5dr - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi 150 SRi 5dr

Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi 150 SRi 5dr

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Dont bother ”

Written on: 30/06/2015 by NathenBrown (1 review written)

I had one of them and would never go for another one it was parked up through the week and ued at weekends for family time due to company van as im a delivery driver , it wouldnt start when it did it was very smokey then the turbo went so replaced that then the egr valve went replaced that ect it spent more time in the garage than being used when the fuel pump went due to electrical issues (which i later found was common faults with these cars ) i scrapped it. I now have a petrol Astra which… Read Full Review

“Rubbish car ”

Written on: 25/05/2014 by bzLeonard117 (1 review written)

I bought this car with 10.000miles and 6 months life in 2006 from Vauxall garage in Peterborough. I have had so many problems with it that have costed me another £2000 thousands of pounds:egr, flap cooler system, alternator and others. dont buy as second hand car or it will cost you twice more than you pay for it at the end. me… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/05/2014

Today after 2 years I got the same problem with flap swirl and manifold again. The garage said about 600 pounds if not more troubles. Car now done 105.000 miles but will not repair it anymore.
I will speak and write to Vauxhall about it but will not buy another Vauxhall ever again.
carlo

Read 1 Comment

“Don't waste your money!”

Written on: 04/03/2013

If you are looking at one in a second hand garage.. Then it's definitely there for a reason. Our 05 plate one is a money pit. We are now currently on the second alternator in just under 2 years, manifold replacement etc £1500 dual mass fly wheel replacement, clutch hydraulics and thermostat just recently. Suspension is awful and shoddy. I think we have paid for the car twice over already in just repairs! It's a financial nightmare and causing a lot of stress. Just stay well away from vauxhall… Read Full Review

Jamieboy's Comment

Written on: 19/06/2013

Had SRi Vectra 53 plate petrol for over 6 years never had one bit of problem with it think some of you guys have had bad luck cars that have been abused but there some nice ones out there which am trying to buy myself now.

Written on: 29/05/2014

I agree with you completely my friend.....i have had all the same problems and flap swirls/inlet manifold twice. lots of money and stay away from old Vectra or new Vectra please if you don't want to be insane. carlo

Read 2 Comments

“vectra sri 150 must have a bad one. money money money”

Written on: 27/11/2012

owned the car for 3 months and havent had it out the garage yet. new inlet manifold, had jamed and snapped flaps, egr jamed and clogged. still in limp mode. vauxhall said they couldnt find a fault code and charged me £60 for nothing. now there sayin its the high presure fuel pump £950 just for part and £80 a hour to fit it and its a 4 hour job. jokers so ive now brought 1 and cam belt with fitting £400. if it ever gets fixed i will be selling straight away and never buying a vauxhall again… Read Full Review

Easyrider2012's Comment

Written on: 14/12/2012

The manufactuer have always had a poor repuatation, not changed in 30 years, vauxhall dealerships must have very busy workshops !!!! All their models are piles of worthless junk. Ask any vehicle technician.

Written on: 29/05/2014

I agree with you completely my friend.....i have had all the same problems and flap swirls/inlet manifold problem twice. lots of money and stay away from old Vectra or new Vectra please if you don't want to be insane. carlo

“WORST CAR SO FAR!!!!!”

Written on: 19/05/2012 by neil.debeck (1 review written)

Likes: spacious, comfortable Dislikes: do not buy one of these Since i purchase the car in September 2011 on an 06 plate with 49,000 miles on the clock, it has been nothing but trouble. First thing to go was the alternator. Ok I know this could happen at any time but stranded me for many hours. Vauxhall fixed it for £490 vat reconditioned and £130 to be towed ( A new alternator would have cost around £800) Next was the alarm. This had a mind of its own. Would go off randomly, mainly at… Read Full Review

Dougsinnott's Response to neil.debeck's Review

Written on: 17/07/2012

Re Neil Debecks review!
I completely disagree with his comments!
He should take out breakdown cover,as it's saves getting ripped off by garages!
My alternator went on my Vectra 1.9 Cdti Elite.(after 6 years and 80,000 miles!),and after being towed home,I bought a new unit costing £89 off the Internet,and I was charged a further £60 to fit it,together with a new drive belt.
Where Mr Debeck got £800 for a new alternator from is therefore a mystery to me!
Someone obviously saw him coming!
Don't they say "a fool and his money are soon parted"?
My 2006 Vectra is a superbly comfortable car,with the great 150bhp diesel engine,and the 6 speed Auto gearbox.
It's been one of the best cars I've owned,despite the alternator failure,which can happen to any car.
It never seems to use any oil(synthetic)and has been utterly reliable,and seems really well put together.
I know taxi drivers who swear by their Vectra diesels,and mechanics have told me that "they're great cars" as well,and I have to agree!

Neildebeck's reply to Dougsinnott's Comment

Written on: 04/05/2013

Please let me explain. I asked the Vauxhall dealer who was fitting the alternator at £490 +vat instead of fitting a re-conditioned alternator, could they fit a new one instead. The reply was if you want a new one it would be £800 total. Unfortunately I went to a main dealer but never again. I since found out that I could get the alternator job done for approx £ 160 total. I was gutted.

At the moment it requires a new inlet manifold ( afraid to ask how much ). The swirl flaps/ actuator have worn out and cannot be replaced so making it run incorrectly and on occasions when the fan is on slow, exhaust gasses can be detected in the car.
As your car shares the same engine as mine, check that the swirl flap actuator is connected to the swirl flaps and not lying in the top of the inlet manifold. This is underneath the top cover which can be removed by pulling it off. The swirl flap actuator is a silver metal bar with plastic cups on it which in time wear out.
The age of your car is the same as mine and if the bar is connected that's fine but be assured, this will happen to yours eventually.Check on the forums.It is a well documented problem amongst many others.

Neil Morris.

Dougsinnott's reply to Neildebeck's Comment

Written on: 04/05/2013

I replaced the swirl valve actuator a few months ago,and as it's part of the manifold, that as well!
only BECAUSE,LIKE YOU,i FOUND IT LYING ON TOP OF THE MANIFOLD!
As regards the effect on the car,I didn't really see much improvement when I changed it really,but I did it anyway,at a cost of £150 in total.
These cars also have an EGR valve,which can block up with carbon,and seize,(like a lot of modern cars)and would cause a warning light to come up,and the car would go into a "limp home" mode.
Some diesel cleaner will clear it for a while,but a new one's best,and blank it off with a plate,easily available off Ebay,for a couple of pounds,and it won't seize up again!
When a car has covered nearly 100,000 miles like mine,things do happen,but when in doubt,fit a new one!
I've changed tyres,timing belts,filled it with synthetic oil every 12,00 miles,and just look after my best car ever!

C9Owe's Response to neil.debeck's Review

Written on: 02/05/2013

I have an 07 vectra 1.9 cdti and althought I bought it new and still have it I'll never buy another Vauxhall. I've had a new egr Valve, alternator, 2 front springs, new wiper motor plus a few more minor things and I've only 45k miles on the clock. I was quoted £469 + VAT for the alternator at a vauxhall dealer so I can belive some will rip you off for more, but I bought a replacemant for £99 and spent all day fitting it myself. Just waiting for ythe dual mass clutch to go soon

Dougsinnott's reply to C9Owe's Comment

Written on: 04/05/2013

I've a friend whose BMW 5 series engine blew up at 10,000 miles,not to mention electronic problems,etc.,so how about the thousands of other Vectras running reliably,with no problems?
Every make seems to have particular problems,if you go on user sites,some more than others!

Marktina's Response to neil.debeck's Review

Written on: 16/01/2013

i own 2006vectra 57000 miles 2 new alterators one under warrint wonder how meny other people had this problem

Dougsinnott's reply to Marktina's Comment

Written on: 04/05/2013

Vauxhall are not makers of the alternator!
They're usually supplied by Bosch,who also supply other manufacturers,so it's not a problem peculiar to a Vectra.

Read 7 Comments

“egr valve problem”

Written on: 06/04/2012

My 2006 model has been a nightmare. Totally unreliable and finally died on me. Replaced egr valve which appears to have clogged up cc. But i have no confidence in this to be a permanent solution. I'm getting rid asap! Shame as it is a comfortable solid big car and easy to drive… Read Full Review

“vauxhall hell”

Written on: 06/04/2012

Have only my vectra sri cdti 150 05 reg,for six months .What abig hole in the pocket first manifold at a cost of 213,Actuato+gasket 190 erg valve 121 2x coil springs 210 and the list goes on 1400 in six month sick and garage told me water pump common fault too. Ps only has 38 k on clock… Read Full Review

Athorne1978's Comment

Written on: 06/01/2013

got a vectra 1.9cdi z19tdh have had a lot of problems inlet manifold which vauxhall wanted to charge over £1000 incl fitting so bought the part from ebay for £195 and fitted myself took me a day to fit but worth the saving now the injectors have gone also ecu is playing up wouldnt recomened buying a vectra unless you are willing to get ur hands dirty as repairs could cost you a fortune but it is a lovely drive and economical

Read 1 Comment

“Vauxhall Vectra Exclusiv 1.9 CDTi. I bought this car...”

Written on: 10/03/2011 by John Prescott (1 review written)

Vauxhall Vectra Exclusiv 1.9 CDTi. I bought this car from new at my local Lookers dealer. It was ok for 2 years and the only problems I had was constantly changing light bulbs all around the car. It got that way that every time I got into the car another bulb had gone sometimes 2 at a time.

I had done 23K miles in the first 2 years then I started to get problems. Luckily for me the car was still under warranty and over the next 12 months the bottom pulley on the crankshaft sheered off… Read Full Review

“Have owned this joke of a car since sept 09, it is a...”

Written on: 31/01/2011

Have owned this joke of a car since sept 09, it is a vecta 1.9 150 nav xp. Problems started jan 10, it has had an alternator,2 new batteries, air mass meter, egr valve. Now it is in for inlet manifold problem, down to vauxhall, who washed hands of problem.Injector seal, nav display draining battery, according to Vauxhall. This car has had nearly £4000 spent on it in a year, I would never buy another Vauxhall. The customer complaints at Vauxhall/GM motors are an absolute joke, they fob you off… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 21/07/2011

They are going for peanuts. I picked up an 57 last December for £3,500 from a dealer. Now I know why they were going so cheap. They will cost you a fortune to repair and run. The clutch's gone and they are not easy or cheap to replace. The whole clutch kit with labour will cost you a good £800. To replace the timing belt etc £650 etc etc. They are very expensive to maintain beware.

Read 1 Comment

“My first thoughts after buying the car were all...”

Written on: 03/04/2010 by ianmurwald (1 review written)

My first thoughts after buying the car were all possitive, but after the first M.O.T. into the fourth year and a mileage of only 48000 miles I've had to have the clutch and flywheel renewed. Not cheep!! The garage owner said that this is a common problem with not only Vauxhall but all new cars which have the "floating flywheel" fitted, he quoted Ford aswell. Not being a mechanic myself - he explained that the floating flyweel has two plates the smaller of which moves as the clutch plate makes… Read Full Review

Dawndouglas's Response to ianmurwald's Review

Written on: 07/05/2010

Vauxhall Astra 1.9 Diesel Cdti - I have had my car from 6 months old, came out of warranty in Mar 09, had nothing but big repair bills since, EGR value, alternator and now cluth and flywheel! . I now have a problem with the Flywheel and I am having to have this replaced along with the Cluth at a cost of over £1000. It appears to be a common problem with this particular technology which I have contacted vauxhall about and they didn't recognise this and would not help me as my car is out of warranty and has done 75k miles.
<br/>
<br/>Just wantted to make people aware of the potential problems with this model of car, won't be buying a vauxhall ever again.

John Prescott's Response to ianmurwald's Review

Written on: 10/03/2011

I found this review very helpful because...I rate this review because he is exactly right what he is saying from personal experience.

Read 2 Comments

“I hate my Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi 150 SRi 5dr with a...”

Written on: 21/06/2009 by craigo101 (1 review written)

I hate my Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi 150 SRi 5dr with a passion. I bought it brand new to use as a taxi. Straight away I had to have the windows changed (privacy glass) £700! My own fault but not a good start. After 29000 it had to have fly wheel and clutch changed. And again the fly wheel and clutch had to be done on 58000 miles. Luckily they were done under the warrenty. Just after the 60,000 miles mark the Turbo packed up... £800 again, a few thousand miles later, bang goes the alternator… Read Full Review