Tomy Walkabout Platinum Digital Reviews

1.6

Tomy Walkabout Platinum Digital - Ask a question now

“I bought this monitor 3 years ago it worked fine for 2...”

written by on 14/12/2009

I bought this monitor 3 years ago it worked fine for 2 weeks then it would no longer connect i tried in every house i moved to since and it still does'nt work very unhappy with this product and recommend buy a cheaper 1 they work so much better.

“I am on my second Tomy Walkabout Platinum Digital unit...”

written by Eaglet on 28/04/2009

I am on my second Tomy Walkabout Platinum Digital unit in less than 3 years and the parental unit has just packed up just as the first did. Frankly, I am not impressed by their staying power. Whilst in use though, good without interference, which I guess would be expected of a digital monitor.

“just bought one a week ago took it out the box...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by on 12/09/2008

just bought one a week ago took it out the box followed the instructions but could not get the both unit to connect any where in the house I tried every room and the baby unit just kept flashing lines all over the screen. been trying to ring the customer service line for the past 3 days I have left my contact detail 7 times but still have not received a call back so I have sent it back and just got one from adsa for £25 and it works great.

“I find the Tomy Walkabout Platinum Digital difficult...”

written by JohnMa on 08/09/2008

I find the Tomy Walkabout Platinum Digital difficult to to use; range is nothing special and seems much less effective than our previous BT unit. Seemingly stupid design of holder on the charging bracket - always requires repeated attempts to get into place and beeps (loudly) each time. In fact, beeps loudly at any opportunity as buttons are fiddly and very easy for me to set accidentally. Light is blue and way too harsh/bright to use as a night light in my opinion. Final straw is earsplitting feedback when monitor and base come remotely close (next room!), thus waking the baby...

I'm really frustrated by this product - i bought this (and a more basic Tomy model) on the strength of positive reviews elsewhere and found both models to have good sound quality but to be all but unusable due to problems noted above.

“Our unit & baby are only 15months old yet the parental...”

written by dholman on 09/05/2008

Our unit & baby are only 15months old yet the parental unit, despite being fully charged up during the day, does not hold its power for long in the evening, so we have to bring the charger downstairs as well, which seems unnecessary. If the battery issue was not occuring my rating would be much higher, and I would happily buy another for baby 2, yet we are instead considering a different model now.

“I don't know if digital monitors are that much better...”

written by socksitis on 21/01/2007

I don't know if digital monitors are that much better than the other sort on a price basis, but the Tomy Walkabout Platinum digital baby monitor was a lot of money for what it does. But as it is made by Tomy, I feel that this unit will last the 11 years the old unit has!