Bosch SGS43E02 Reviews

Summary

Under Counter
4 Cycles
Bosch SGS43E02 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Bosch SGS43E02

Bosch SGS43E02

“My Bosch dishwasher will beep about every 20 minuts...”

Written on: 24/04/2002 by andy. (1 review written)

My Bosch dishwasher will beep about every 20 minuts until the door is opened when the cycle is finished. It is like living with a cuckoo clock if I run the dishes just before bed. Extremely annoying… Read Full Review

43687_Jan.'s Response to 20938_andy.'s Review

Written on: 14/10/2002

Dear Mr/Mrs, yours is probably a semi or fully integrated model. The beep can be switched off (or volume can be lowered) depending on the model. This means there will be no beep at all after the cycle is finished. Tell me your model and I will tell you how to go about. Kind regards Jan vd Male

166102_Pillarpoint's Response to 20938_andy.'s Review

Written on: 16/08/2004

To turn off the beep on the Bosch 8800 Dishwasher:
<br>
<br>- Turn off dishwasher.
<br>- Hold down the Quick Wash button and turn on the dishwasher while holding down the Quick Wash button.
<br>
<br>If there is no sound the cycle completion signal (aka "annoying beep") is off. If the beep is now constant press the flashing Quick Wash button again and turn the beep off.
<br>Good luck,
<br>Bart
<br>bartbosch[insert "at" symbol]pillarpoint.com

110542_Heddy.'s Response to 20938_andy.'s Review

Written on: 25/06/2003

I finally figured how to shut up MY model. (Which is SHU 8802.) Oh joy! I don't know if yours is the same. On mine I simply push the on/off button and then the quick wash button, and then release the on/off. That's it! Haven't heard a single beep since I did this. FYI, all I did was email Bosch at: http://www.boschappliances.com/customer_care/default_331.asp and they emailed me back that same day with instructions. Of course make sure to include your model number. They were very polite and helpful. (By the way they said there is a way to turn off every model that beeps forever like mine does.) Now that I have owned and used my Bosch long enough to tell that I indeed DO like this dishwasher, and with using a liquid rinse agent (like Jet Dry) like they tell you to use, everything is dry except the tops of plastic things where water is not able to drip off, but can only collect and pool. It was like night and day when I started using the rinse agent! Made all the difference. I throw in my son's oatmeal coated bowls w/o any rinsing at all (that stuff turns to cement!) and not a spot on them after they are washed through the normal cycle. My one complaint is that with my model the whole thing is white EXCEPT the kickplate or whatever they call the seperate thick strip on the very bottom. My cabinetry is white including those inches along the bottom and so I plan to try to paint their plastic kick board white.

110307_Newkitchenman.'s Response to 20938_andy.'s Review

Written on: 24/06/2003

I'm living with the same hell right now. Hopefully I will figure this out before I have to return the thing. The owner's manual provides a very poor explanation of how to turn it off and makes no mention of my specific model number. Better question: what was Bosch thinking?! You don't need a single beep when the dishes are clean (it's not like they're going to wrinkle), and you certainly don't need 2000 beeps! You end up wanting to take a sledge hammer to the thing.

Heddy.'s Response to 20938_andy.'s Review

Written on: 21/05/2003

PLEASE tell me how to turn off the beep on my new dishwasher! I would be forever in your debt!
<br>
<br>I have the Bosch model SHU8802. I am just about to install this new floor model. (I got a good deal since it was a floor model, and since it is an old model. I also opted to buy the 5 yr warrantee after reading the comments here) I had a GE Potscrubber 800 that I had to live with for a year. It kept me awake even though it is downstairs in the kitchen and my bedroom is on the second level. The noisiest dang thing ever. Plus the dishes were coated in particles of food and never could get them clean. So after saving $ for a year I saw that ConsumerReports rated a couple of Bosch models as the top two and said they were the quietest. Now after reading reviews I find the beep will be waking me up. Argh! That is why I bought this brand- so I could load the dishes and then go to bed and not be woken up.
<br>
<br>So please tell me how to disconnect the beeper signal that the load is finished! PLEASE!!!!
<br>Thanks,