Park Resorts, Lower Hyde Reviews

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

Park Resorts, Lower Hyde - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Park Resorts, Lower Hyde

“Paid for upgrade - waste of money!”

written by Mantha1979 on 05/08/2016

Booked 7 nights at lower hyde park resorts july 2016. Paid for upgrade over phone before holiday to gold new 2016 3 bed model (sleeps 8) just to be told by rude staff on arrival we shouldn't of bothered as original van booked was better! Bedrooms were so small, even for children. Caravan was far to small for us, 3 adults and 4 children. There was no storage, no pegs on doors, no where to hang towels-nothing! My toddler fell down the metal steps leading up to caravan (luckily we caught her before she really hurt herself) so we asked if possible to move to another van with a veranda which would've been safer, this was also why we was talked into upgrading as we was told there was more chance of a veranda but found out that no new models had them! Instead of the so called sales manager dealing politely with our request, she said she would call back within the hour, later that day she rang and told my husband we had been told whilst booking there was no veranda and started being very rude, when I took the phone she would not let me speak and told me my husband was a liar whilst she was laughing. So she ignored our request to change caravans due to my daughter falling and wanted to start an argument instead! I also found a hair in my dinner whist eating in the restaurant, when pointing it out to waiter, he laughed and walked away! The only polite staff on the site was man who worked in the little shop, he was always really happy and friendly! I would not recommend this site to anyone, feel cheated out of £1400 for a rubbish 7 day holiday, without spending money!!! Wish I'd stayed at home. We had made an appointment to see someone about ownership before arriving but obviously cancelled that, I wouldn't holiday there again let alone consider buying. I've stayed at thorness bay, nodes point and wycliff bay but lower Hyde has alot of work to do and a lot of staff to sack before getting anywhere near the other park resort sites.

“first of all do not get the upgrade, total waste of...”

written by on 13/05/2011

first of all do not get the upgrade, total waste of money. accomodation was average.nightly entertainment was so bad, i ended going back to the caravan. the sound system and performers gave me a headache, cheers for that.and i love loud music (heavy rock/punk).use the place as a base and go and see the great things on the island. the people are great. research the islands attractions first, i didn't, wish i had though. i'm going back to see everthing that i missed, but not at lower hyde.

“We have just spent 4 days here at lower hyde in the...”

written by on 04/09/2010

We have just spent 4 days here at lower hyde in the isle of wight not bad for £400 including ferry crossings... we had a silver caravan that sleeps 6 2 bedrooms and the sofa pulls out to sleep 2 yeah right the solid bit that goes on top to make the base of the bed is folded into 2 i spent the 1st night falling off the sofa bed and constantly felt it slipping throughout the night will defo go for a 3 bedroomed caravan next time...The holiday was a break for the kids and us before returning to school all the attractions are fairly local and take max of 15mins by car to get to blackgane chine took about 30 mins what a lovely island... The amusments are a CON!!! you'll never win and if you do win some tickets you need over a 1500 to get a good prize dont bother you could buy the prize cheaper than winning it UNLESS YOU WANT SOME VERY EXPENSIVE BUBBLES... DO NOT EAT OR SHOP ON SITE IS VERY EXPENSIVE especially as lidl is on the left and sommerfield on the right would defo recommed shopping for lunches and dinners cause the park is very basic food and over priced 30/40
quid for dinner every night 2 adults 3 kids and 5 soft drinks... this doesn't seem bad but when your out every day on trips it works out very expensive esspecially when your talking at least another 30 /40 quid for lunches out too £60/80 a day just on food... make your own sandwiches take your own drinks and crisps when you go out on trips you'll save a packet...
I would only say the Kids Clubs WHAT KIDS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!! there was no such thing i even asked at reception and she looked at me with a blank expression i could tell there was none we only found out about kids entertainment by mistake when we went out on thte first night from 8-9 kids sparkys krew club show that was it every night a bit late i thought especially when it was adult bingo on from 7-8pm nothing to do with kids during the day at all got very board hence out everyday on trips iow zoo,amazon zoo park,robin hill,blackgane chine,dinosaur farm,dinosaur isle (museum - wouldn't go back done in an hour)...

“I will try my best to base this review on Lower Hyde...”

written by Heidix on 28/08/2010

I will try my best to base this review on Lower Hyde as a holiday park and not relate it to my own personal experience as I only enjoyed this holiday so much because I met some nice people there.
Before we went on holiday we were so worried because of reading all these reviews. Especially because we had booked to stay in a bronze caravan. We didn't expect luxury because of that reason, we thought we would pull back the bedsheets to find woodlice, spider eggs in the shower, etc (like what has been mentioned on here). But we didn't find any of that. The only problems we had with our caravan was basic cleanliness and hygiene. The curtains were mouldy where the caravan was constantly damp, there was sweets under the beds and used makeup wipes, the bin hadn't been emptied and the caravan hadn't been hoovered. The shower was dangerous, it felt like standing on sponge where underneath it was so damp, we thought we was going to fall through the floor! Also, the shower was complicated to use, and the hot tap would get SO HOT!! I burnt myself several times. Also, as the front of our caravan was facing a main road, we found that all the windows along the back of the caravan were broken (assuming people have tried to break in in the past), so I would definitely recommend taking valuable things with you.
The overall hygiene of the holiday park was actually disgusting! The toilets in the squires entertainment club (the clubhouse) were shocking! One of the cubicles didn't have a door, the rest didn't flush or were constantly blocked!
The worst thing about the holiday park is the road. It's so narrow, there is no footpath so it's dangerous & there are slopes & little hills everywhere!

GOOD POINTS:
The kids entertainment in the clubhouse was really good, the adults was ok, but nothing special. One night there was a madness tribute that was really good.
Most of the staff were really friendly and helpful.
The caravans are spaced out.
It's quite peaceful because it's like being in a forest, surrounded by tree's.

BAD POINTS:
The bar was expensive and always busy, takes about 5 minutes to get served if your lucky, normally longer. A round of 5 drinks was going on £20, 3 of those drinks were non alcoholic. In my opinion, that was expensive.
The outdoor swimming pool is normally shut unless the sun is shining! & the indoor one only has a capacity of about 20.
The overall hygiene.
False information, the holiday park is nothing like what it looks like in the photos.

“Stayed for a week at the beginning of August booked 2...”

written by on 27/08/2010

Stayed for a week at the beginning of August booked 2 x silver 12 ft 8 berth caravans for our families to enjoy. We considered one of the caravans to be a broonze and on querying this we were told that caravans are like cars and you get different models to which my reply is if you bought a Ford mondeo and a Ford KA you would not expect to pay the same money. The caravan was dirty smelly and not worth the moeny we paid (nearly a thousand pounds) the entertainment bar is filthy the bar wasn't wiped at all, all night when questioning staff they said that it would only get dirty again !! not really the responses yo would expect. The hudson bar is more like a cafe than a bar food not hot, chairs dirty.

“Just returned from a 2 week break Aug 2010: ”

written by on 23/08/2010

Just returned from a 2 week break Aug 2010:
I spent a long time reading reviews about Lower Hyde (after I booked) and was really worried. However I must point out that I have been taking Caravan holidays for over 42 years and I believe that most of the people placing reviews here may not have taken holidays in Caravan parks before! Everything was as expected for me. I have stayed many a time at Haven Holidays park in Exmouth it is no different and that's a flag ship park! A holiday is what you make it, my caravan was clean, considering how old it was, yes maybe the carpet was worn, but I didn't intend laying on it all day! I was out at the beach or seeing the lovely sights of IOW. All the staff I came in contact with were polite, but I have to say I didn't need them that much so no complaints.

This park is much like any other caravan park, don't sit in the caravan all day, get out and enjoy the sights!!!!

“overall i would give the park and it's employees 0 out...”

written by on 21/08/2010

overall i would give the park and it's employees 0 out of 10, unhelpfull, souls that they were, when i turned up i was dismayed to find i had no caravan,when i challenged the girl on the desk, she spoke to me like i was a lump of dog s**t.there were around 10 of us complaining at the time, all complaining about the quality of the units, the 700 quid that it cost me, for one week was grossly over charged, damp, bird s**t all over the caravan windows. parking..."250 metres away".a pub stuck alongside the pool which would of been out dated in the 70's, filthy floors in the caravan, grubby to the point of being , a health issue....my dog kennel has a higher standard than this park, and it is considered the jewel of the company. we will not be staying here again.when you consider that ,the island has so much to offer, we will be going back next year, But it will not be to Lower Hyde..it will be in a hotel. they should rename it lowest of the lower hyde park....

“I enjoyed myself so much i even decided to buy a...”

written by on 12/08/2010

I enjoyed myself so much i even decided to buy a caravan and had a full refund on my holiday which meant my caravan only cost me £11500 and i get to use it 10 months of the year
Lower hyde is by far the best park i have stayed on in many years

“Do not go for a Chalet.. Reception say all are silver...”

written by on 23/07/2010

Do not go for a Chalet.. Reception say all are silver although they sell bronze. Support staff will say or infer that they are all bronze or worse. First Chalet stank and we could not stay there so reception said they would put someone else in that one and moved us to one with mould and damp on wall stained carpet rotten door frame badly chipped units rusty cooker and hood. Mattress changed eventually to one barely comfortable. Settee had castor missing so unstable. They could not clean carpet as cleaner broken...Go to B&Q and hire one. Swimming pool indoor very small. Outdoor some concrete slabs around pool move. No doubt they must have some better accommodation but I would not go there again. You go but be aware you may get less than you bargain for.

“paid for upgrade to silver dont bother thers no...”

written by DerColey on 19/07/2010

paid for upgrade to silver dont bother thers no difference except the price . caravan was clean but i think quite old. swimming pool was old 50s type trod on a lot of sand in the pool.prices of a pint bottle or pint of cider scandelousley high at £4 a pint same with larger, go outside to lidi and get a pint bottle for 99 pence or morrisons for £1..69 a bottle.cabaret on the night was only about a hour more cheap and cheerful really then really good cabaret after nine of a night there are no decent shops open on site like butlins your stuck with the old kitchen in the corner of the club
staff were very good hard working and polite and friendly, site was very clean

“Stayed at Lower Hyde 8 years ago and it was really...”

written by on 14/07/2010

Stayed at Lower Hyde 8 years ago and it was really good so we went nearly every year after, went there last year after two years and it was rubbish. We got the wrong caravan and no refund given. The caravans were so close together we could here the rather rude man next to us all the time shouting. The shower didn't work nor did the smoke alarm. And on the last night we had drunken people trying to break into the caravan and urinating up the doors - security did nothing about it. And there were so many more problems.

It was overall a bad holiday there. We stayed somewhere else this year for the first time and enjoyed it a lot better.

“We first visited Lower Hyde 3 years ago and had a...”

written by on 12/07/2010

We first visited Lower Hyde 3 years ago and had a magical holiday, Katie Spatie, Krazy Kieran and the rest of the entertainment team were brilliant.
The park was a little smaller than we were used to but it was a very good holiday.
We revisted last year towards the end of the season, what a dump! Hardly any food available as it was late in season, drinks selling out fast and worst of all a whole new set of team stars. I have holidayed at quite a few haven and park resorts sites but this bunch were awful. All seemed far too young and only interested in having a good time amoungst themselves, I dont know who the manager was as we never saw him, just the rude chavvy girls who turned up now and again, one was so rude to my 10 year old daughter one night I thought she was going to burst into tears. Dirty park with chav team stars, what a way to go in just 2 years or so.

“Lower Hyde was the best holiday park I have ever...”

written by on 10/07/2010

Lower Hyde was the best holiday park I have ever visted. The staff are excellent and the facilities are brill. There are 4 swimming pools to suit everyone, I am so impressed I am 100% confident of purchasing my very own caravn. The food was great and the atmosphere on site is GREAT 5* !

“We have just spent a week at Lower Hyde with our 2...”

written by on 04/07/2010

We have just spent a week at Lower Hyde with our 2 daughters aged 4 and 2 and we had a great time. The silver caravan was fine, the outdoor pool was warm and clean and my older daughter loved playing in the small shallow section for ages with other children. It was a downhill walk to the beach - the landtrain, open-top bus and cliff lift meant we never did the uphill walk home.

The only shame was that the playground area did not have anything for my 2 year old so we had to walk a fair distance into the adjoining site for a more appropriate playground for her - though that was right next to the indoor pool which would be convenient on cloudy days, but we never bothered with it.

There is a small shop on site but there are supermarkets 5 minutes walk from the site so we didn't use it much.

One thing we liked was that the children's beds in the caravan were proper beds - not built into the wall - so you could move them together if you wanted, and there was a big cushion block under one of them that was just the right size to put on the floor in between the beds - this was what we did so that we did not have to worry if they fell out as they would not hurt themselves. I have to say that the double bed, although small, was the most comfortable caravan bed I've had in a long while. The shower was also good, although the toilet made a weird whining sound quite a bit.

I found the staff were very helpful in providing information whenever I asked.

I saw an anti-ant device under our caravan but i did not see any ants and the caravan was clean when we arrived although we found a few items left behind by the previous people so it had obviously not been gone through very thoroughly.

I thought the entrance to the site was fine for pedestrians, we came by train and ferry and did not bring our car - I guess it might be a bit tricky in the early spring or late autumn but while we were there the hours of sunlight were so long it was always light when we were out so although there is a little section where you need to cross the road to get from pavement on one side to pavement on the other it did not seem at all unsafe.

The car parking looked a bit limited so I was pleased we hadn't brought our's - didn't need it as bus links around island brilliant. There was no parking or roads in the section around our caravan so was lovely as girls could play on grass outside.

All in all we had a great holiday and would definitely go back to Shanklin and to this caravan park.

“LOWER HIDE..went here last july 2009. I dont no why we...”

written by WOLLATON MAN on 18/06/2010

LOWER HIDE..went here last july 2009. I dont no why we are going this year, but most of the bad reviews are right except one missing thing.THE WORLDS WORST CAR PARKING. IF you go take a little car, or a old banger becouse it will be dented or knocked to bits.The white line devides each car are 2 foot to small. And so every car door opens onto yours. One morning i had to climb through my window to get to my handbrake, and push it out.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.DO NOT TAKE A NICE CAR. The night time is very poor.Kids disco and bingo.It has potential for a better place as the walk into town will produce some very nice pubs.But this is about one mile away.The beach to the campsight is nine min walk(i do walk fast)ENJOY.

“the pool was so small we didnt use it,we went to next...”

written by on 05/06/2010

the pool was so small we didnt use it,we went to next park to swim and had to get dry in the shower as room so small.beds in caravan tiny my 5 yr old fell out every night.ants love the caravans to so watch what you leave out on the sides.we used the site as b&b as nothing on the site to do.. wouldnt use lower hide again.6 berth silver not big enough for 6 so would recomend that you try to up grade if 6 or you want to stay in 1 c'van...not as great as it looks in broucher so beware.please take on these issue before you book your holiday. best thing is to use the park as b&b then you wouldnt be dissapointed as we were. thanks for reading hope its helped you..

Guest's Comment

Written on: 24/07/2011

we have booked a log cabin cost 1300 pounds should we cancel

“me and my family were really looking forward to this...”

written by on 16/04/2010

me and my family were really looking forward to this hoilday bad mistake,here we go first night the fire was not working the kids and wife was freezing tuesday spoke to reception who said they get maintence out asap to fix fire never turned up no hot water caravan was filthy asked for upgrade none available wednesday went to see reception to speak to site manager was told i was not allowed to.explained fire still not working maintence called again this time came out to get it working thursday fire broken again while cleaning caravan spotted mould on back of sofa and window sill third time visit reception to say no more we are going home a day early the staff are very rude and no help apart from security who were very helpful all reception said was sorry and have safe journey home we paid nearly 200 pound for this rubbish we will never step foot on park resorts again butlins or haven anyday and one other point to mention we all had to sleep on the front room on the put me up bed that is for 2 people and it had to sleep 4 just to keep the children warm

“Not good - Three of us stayed at Hyde park for 7...”

written by on 14/04/2010

Not good - Three of us stayed at Hyde park for 7 nights. The first night we stayed in a silver chalet, the hot water did not work, TV hardly worked, light bulbs missing, general disrepair and the bed was definitely the worst I have ever slept in. Moved to another silver chalet on the second night because of the above problems, but that was just as bad if not worse - mould on windows, general smell, TV didn't work, no shower curtain, beds just as bad, missing light bulbs, woodlice in beds, just generally very poor. Fourth night moved to a brand new silver caravan which was much better. So we moved twice (which takes considerable time) and wasted three days of our holiday!!! I would give the park 6 out of 10 and 1 out of 10 for the accommodation.

“I visited lower hyde park resorts on the isle of wight...”

written by on 23/09/2009

I visited lower hyde park resorts on the isle of wight in september this year 2009 disaster we paid for a three birth caravan and was given a two no refund on that down grade as yet, the beds in the kids room are suitable for youngsters not teenagers, and there was a foot path which ran through the area of park we were staying and one morning a car came speeding down and nearly ran me over when i approached lower hyde they said oh its locals i must point out there are no warning signs telling you the footpath is used by locals in there cars its the fourth time visiting this park and would i go back again sorry park resorts its a big NO NO

“we had one weeks holiday park resort lower hyde silver...”

written by on 04/09/2009

we had one weeks holiday park resort lower hyde silver accomadation the caravan was filthy the outdoor swimming pool wasnt opened until thursday am seagull nesting in laundrette had to chase staff up for keys the roads a round the caravans were unsafe for children to walk staff very unhelpful we conplained on the site staff didnt want to know we have wrote and conplained know we are home offered money off holiday out of season what good is that with kids told dont want to commincate with us again never conplained about a holiday before vote with your money holiday elsewhere as i am sure the man on the telly does.