Yorkshire, Humber Bridge Reviews

Yorkshire, Humber Bridge - Ask a question now

“I have long been amazed at mankind's feats of...”

Written on: 06/01/2007 by Lee2008 (27 reviews written)

I have long been amazed at mankind's feats of engineering and this bridge is a masterpiece of civil engineering. Simply awe-inspiring! The bridge was developed from a design used initially for the Severn bridge in Bristol, the consulting engineers for the project were Freeman, Fox and partners.
I am lucky enough to use this wonder of the modern world every time I go to work. It brightens my day when I think about my return journey home, I don't even mind being stuck in traffic whilst waiting… Read Full Review

252776_Anonymous101's Response to Lee2008's Review

Written on: 10/01/2007

A simply brilliant review, such passion, I know you're not going to believe me but on the very day you scrolled this heartfelt review, I was making my way down the M62 to watch a Football Association Cup Third Round clash between my beloved Middlesbrough FC "Boro" versus Hull City at the K.C Stadium. I caught a view of this "awe inspiring" spectacle for the first time in my life and I have to agree with you at how majestic this construction truly is. If you don't believe me you can ask James Pearce who also remarked upon it's wondrous splendour. What an amazing coincidence!! I am very lucky that I have two good bridges in my home town, the transporter bridge, a very rare type of aerial transfer bridge and also Newport bridge, England's first vertical lifting bridge, although it no longer raised, but is a listed building though.

Read 1 Comment