Cahoot Reviews - www.cahoot.com

Cahoot www.cahoot.com - Ask a question now

“Beware of cahoot bank”

Written on: 07/06/2013 by God1980 (1 review written)

Recently some bright spark at cahoot decided that there was some suspicious activity with my visa debit card therefore they cancelled the card and allegedly ordered a new one. The new one took three weeks to arrive. This is a problem as cahoot is an online bank and therefore you are not allowed to enter a high street bank branch to withdraw money. The only option offered was that they couriered me £1000 ( with a £25 fee) . I would beware of using this bank as your only source of banking. If… Read Full Review

“Was good until Santander got involved. AVOID like the...”

Written on: 05/07/2010

Was good until Santander got involved. AVOID like the plague as you do not have the original products available, you cannot even deposit at Santander! To cap it all the service is diabolical. What a shame as I've been with them for 10 years but now looking to move to ANYONE with decent service… Read Full Review

“Overall I have found using my Cahoot loan very simple. ”

Written on: 02/01/2007 by therach (4 reviews written)

Overall I have found using my Cahoot loan very simple.
I applied online and got an immediate decision. I then got the peperwork to sign and send back and I was all set. The money was sent quite quickly to my designated account.
As the loan is online I can check the balance of it whenever I like. You can pay as much or as little off each month by standing order as long as it's above the minimum of £50. I was a bit disappointed that a direct debit wasn't provided automatically to give you the… Read Full Review

Leila1's Response to therach's Review

Written on: 06/03/2007

Watch out! I took a loan out with Cahoot last year. It was my second loan with them as I like the flexible approach. However, this February they wrote and said that my 'Special deal' had finished and the interest rate shot up from 6.9 to 14.9%. I was not aware that it had been a special rate and as far as I remember, I did not sign any paperwork that highlighted this as a special rate and none of the small print mentions this. I am currently in dispute with them. I would ask them now if it's a special rate and read all the small print. I was luckily in a positon to pay off my loan but had I not been, I'd have suddenly been paying over £6.00 extra interest on top of what I was paying already.

Read 1 Comment