Wicked Quotes Reviews - www.wickedquotes.com

• Customer service

Wicked Quotes www.wickedquotes.com - Ask a question now

“One of the worst companies I have ever dealt with,...”

Written on: 17/06/2022 by steady2wheels (1 review written)

One of the worst companies I have ever dealt with, whilst skirting the laws as legally possible. Avoid at all costs.

“shocking”

Written on: 13/05/2022 by Allyscott1970 (1 review written)

Terrible service been a loyal customer for years with my own bike. Bought a 125 for my son in march prior to my son turning 17 may. I insured the bike straight away for myself to use whilst awaiting his birthday at a cost of £120 and i informed wicked that it was for my son and would be changing the insurance to him in May. Today, on his birthday I called to take out insurance in his name and cancel my insurance on the bike. I received a quote in the region of £1500 which was ridiculous as I had other quotes in the region of £430. I asked just to cancel the policy and refund my outstanding balance as I had paid in full. The bike was insured for 66 days and I was refunded £18...... Straight away I cancelled my other policy that I held with Wicked, I had been insured on that one for 306 days and obviously didn't receive a refund, and i was not expecting too. Took a multi policy out with Carole Nash.

“Not exactly friendly”

Written on: 17/07/2017 by GregorySerrano99 (1 review written)

Just bad service. Been a customer for 4 years, missed a payment because I was off work (illness) and my policy was cancelled. They wouldn't let me pay it on my next payday (12 hours away) and my policy will remain cancelled until it's brought up together. If I don't pay by 5pm I'll get charged £200+. That's one missed payment after three years of being a customer.

“Go away, never subscribe with them. They are not fair...”

Written on: 04/05/2017 by Clancy61 (1 review written)

Go away, never subscribe with them. They are not fair and correct.All the people need to know how it.

“lesson learned”

Written on: 06/03/2017 by JaydanLarkin (1 review written)

Well, I have read some negative reviews and thought I'll give it a go anyway. My mistake. After I bought the policy they asked for various documents to be sent. They found a small discrepancy and I was forced to cancel policy. Charged me £30 for cancellation. Very arrogant over the phone without any attempt to try to help or offer solution. They make you loose money. Cheaters! I guess if you have an accident it would be a nightmare to make claim etc. Avoid.

“what a rip off!!!!”

Written on: 28/02/2017 by Kevin000 (1 review written)

they tried charging me an extra 70% of the original online quote, I obviously wasnt happy but they were having none of it and wouldnt give me any option other than to cancel which included a massive charge, I was insured for less than 9 hours and they said the cooling off period still has a charge in other words they dont have a cooling off period!! They are shocking, I cant believe they are getting away with this!! I would have given them zero stars but that wasnt an option!

“Avoid!!”

Written on: 09/12/2016 by 202McCaffrey (1 review written)

Shocking service!! Wanted to cancel policy so they charged me £50 on a policy that only cost £170 anyway. So i have paid £180 for 7 months when 12 months costs £170?? Logical i guess?? Would hate to have made a claim with such a company. Was told loads of times that debt collectors will be at my door in 3 days if i didnt pay. Avoid at all costs!!

“Unhelpfully Threatening”

Written on: 25/08/2016

With what seems to be 2 people that work there, it is an absolute nightmare to get through to them. Some of us (clearly unlike them) live busy lives, and to cancel my insurance was a pain. Over 10 minute wait in phonecall queues. This being far to long for me to waste that much time listing to 'hold' music. The quickest way was to simply tell the bank to cancel. Within minutes I suddenly had a phonemail from them. To which I explained I need to cancel my insurance. 4 days later, I receive a letter threatening me with the debt collectors unless I pay a random sum of money they have pulled out of thin air. When I rang them (once again waiting an eternity to get through) they were no help in explaining where this money had been pulled from other than useless, uninformative jargon that, lets face it, not even they understand. They simply put words together and claimed it made a sentence and ended with "thats why you need to pay that much or we'll forward this to the debt collectors". As the title stated. They are threatening bullies. Uninformative, and unsupportive. I few of my friends who are with them are now reconsidering them, unless they get a random out of the air sum of money, forced upon them with the threat of debt collectors waiting if not paid. Do not go with them. They're cheap for a reason, because its a cheap service. Pay that little extra for a professional service. I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place, lesson learned. DO NOT GO WITH!

“Masive Increase”

Written on: 24/03/2016 by fkMiller475 (1 review written)

New quote 140.00 Last year 91.00 This is with a years extra no claims. No explanation given. Got other quote of 79.00 from other company. Now happier

“Great, recomendable”

Written on: 11/01/2016 by Mrschnebly123 (1 review written)

Went with these guys for my first "big" bike (even convinced my friend to go with them), their customer service is out of this world, over 2 years (recently cancelled due to new bike which they unfortunately cannot cover) I spoke to 4 different employees, each and every one of them were fantastic. Speak to you like an actually human being not like a scripted robot. Genuinely sad to be unable to continue with them. Only rated 4/5 as I never had to experience a claim, so cannot comment on that. Cancelled my policy before it ended so it wont renew automatically, No cancellation fee. They advise customers when taking out the policy that the cancellation and refund will not be as low as expected. e.g. if the policy is £250, cancel after 3 months, don't expect £200 back. It's their rules so I didn't complain. Final time, great service, very happy 48 months of cover with them, Hopefully return to them in the near future!

“Warning! A total rip off”

Written on: 19/04/2015

I took out motor bike insurance with Wicked quotes through Ramasis Insurance broker on the 15th November 2014 and made a payment of £297.76. On the 11th March 2015 I sold my motorbike and cancelled my insurance and was shocked to receive a refund of £79.75 which meant I paid 73% of the yearly premium for less than four months. When I asked for an explanation stating that I was never informed that if I cancelled my insurance mid term that the charges would be so high they quoted that the representative read out to me - Insurance often calculate refunds based on short term rates Any cancellation may also be subject to administration charges The combination of these may result in a significant loss of premium if the policy is cancelled mid term - really!!!! as high as 73% what a rip off

“Debt Recovery Threats after changing my card details”

Written on: 29/09/2014

After terminating my policy because I sold my motorcycle, Wicked Quotes contacted me demanding a 'termination' fee. I thought the amount was quite high but none the less was prepared to settle it fair and square. I had changed my debit card recently and didn't have it on me to pay the amount and requested that they email me the amount for me to pay. I received a letter the next day threatening to hand it to their debt recovery agents if it was not paid within 3-days !!!! What a way to win returning business. Be careful here, they may be cheap up front but will get you later down the line. Sorry for this review WQ but I doubt you will get second time around customers returning with this approach.

Philhindle's Comment

Written on: 25/08/2016

They were similar with me. No communication and immediately got the debt collectors involved. so unprofessional.

Read 1 Comment

“Lessons Required in Customer Care”

Written on: 11/09/2014

After having an accident and they have written off my bike, making a claim is impossible. Having to make phone call after phone call, being passed from office to office put on hold every time and being told they have sent my claim to the wrong underwriter, then making an absolute pathetic offer for the bike being told they will ring back and NEVER do. I am now seeking legal advice in connection with loss of transport and dragging out the claim so as I will not have any Policy left in date to refund. Contacting the Insurance Ombudsman is also my next move, these people Wicked Quotes are not fit for purpose. BUYER BEWARE! Think again before you deal with these people. There is something to be said about not taking the cheap and too good to be believed options.

“Wicked Quotes Recommended”

Written on: 13/06/2014

Have been with Wicked quotes for 7 months their price was the best at the time . I have spoken to them on Two further occasions in both cases a quick positive response has been given. On the first query it was about European cover including travel into Switzland. It was explained to me & i was given the page numbers to find the precise cover in my insurance details to confirm it myself. It is always good not to be treated like an idiot. The latest was to advise that i will be going over my estimated yearly milage ( 8K ) due to a few unexpected trips. They have bumped me up to 12k with no hastle or charge. Good to deal & talk with. N.

“Over 50% cancellation fee”

Written on: 17/02/2014 by richnich (1 review written)

Cancelled a policy after being on cover for 16 days and was charged over 50% cancellation fee. Dont go near them!!

“Amazing customer service, worth the £150 extra”

Written on: 02/07/2013

They were roughly £150 more expensive than the cheapest quote but the cheap one was with a bad co. racked up 3 points... no problem sir, i'll make a note of it but it wont affect your policy this year., at this moment in time should you renew, itll be £0.12 more expensive comparatively. done some mods... no problem sir. they arnt performance enhancing so will put it on. No admin charges, but i think it'll increase the value. £13 and we'll add an extra £500 to the value and reduce all your excess to £50. So this year including my £13 admin i have paid £567.32 for a 19 year old, 3 points, braided lines, aftermarket exhaust, 33bhp restricted with 0 NCB on a GS500e fully comp. Oh, had a few mechanical problems sir?, these (8 bikes ranging from 500cc to 750) bikes are very similar to your current one if you dont want another GS500, and are cheaper to insure on the same basis or the same. Wish id known about them when i had a 125cc

“this insurance wicked quotes are unprofessional...”

Written on: 17/09/2012

this insurance wicked quotes are unprofessional cancelled our insurance when they had information posted and faxed to them then refused to reinstate it and offered us another policy 200+ more expensive very wicked if you want cheap and chearful then go with these has anyone else had hassel with these.

“I received excellent customer service from Wicked...”

Written on: 13/12/2006 by Bobcat1 (1 review written)

I received excellent customer service from Wicked Quotes motorcycle insurance. I also received a competitive quotes, efficient delivery of paperwork, and I spoke to a real human who was interested.