Carrera Fury Reviews

Carrera Fury - Ask a question now

“It's NOT a hybrid!”

written by Laverdabru1116 on 23/10/2020

Really don't know why the Fury is in this category - I'd class it as an MTB. As does the manufacturer! The spec at this price point is very good, & I've had few issues with mine. Bought through the Ride to Work scheme I was a bit annoyed when the chain broke after less than a mile! The local Halfords replaced it with a much better than OE item FoC as I should hope. When the original tyres wore out I replaced them with narrower ones to make the road part of my commute less of a chore. Over the years it was used as an off/on road commuter, taken on BMX tracks, offroaded through the Forest of Dean & much of Devon & Cornwall. When the bottom bracket & drive train eventually wore out after years of hard use I shelled out to have it expertly upgraded at Detour Cycles in Malvern. Since then it has not had much use - a Boardman hybrid is my go to pushie nowadays - but I'm hanging onto it. Bought a much more expensive off roader, but prefer my old Fury.

“It's a Awesome bike and the spec is amazing for the...”

written by on 02/11/2009

It's a Awesome bike and the spec is amazing for the price, theres no other bike in this price range that even comes close to the spec of the Carrera Fury.
People need to stop bad mouthing the Carrera bikes just because they're owned by Halfords, as the frames are built in the same factorys as Kona and Merida frames and the Carrera bikes come far better speced, the type of stuff you would see on a £800-£900 bike.
My last bike was a 08 Marin palisades trail and the Carrera Fury is a far better ride, although my Marin was a 19" and my Carrera's a 18" so that could be why my Carrera feels slightly more responsive? =)

“The Carrera Fury is excellent value for money. The...”

written by on 03/03/2009

The Carrera Fury is excellent value for money. The frame cracked after 2 months of cross country (no heavy downhill) but was replaced with no fuss Excellent bike for a novice like myself good aftercare when it broke

“ Carrera Fury. suspension forks gears and brakes well...”

written by on 19/01/2009

Carrera Fury. suspension forks gears and brakes well the whole thing is a complete bargain. ive riden loads of bikes that cost 3 or 4 times this none of them
compete cost wise and comfort wise i give this bike a 10 out of 10 the spec of the bike is excellent

“Brilliant bike! still riding it baught another 2...”

written by on 17/01/2008

Brilliant bike! still riding it baught another 2 frames to start building up : )