Yamaha TDR 125 Reviews

Yamaha TDR 125 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Yamaha TDR 125

Yamaha TDR 125
Yamaha TDR 125

“One mean ride for the Mature”

Written on: 12/05/2013 by Serpentrium (1 review written)

I got my first TDR 125 in 1996. Although the EXUP valve (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve) which I hear that is banned in most parts of Europe, which is originally built for the 4-stroke engines such as the FZR models, it was modified and fitted on the TDR125 (and the DT125). What it actually does is, it makes the machine "boost" when it reaches to 7100 rpm to 11,000 rpm. Of course this action is very dangerous in low gears 1 and 2, especially in traffic, making the bike extra powerful (torque)… Read Full Review

Adamgeorgejones's Response to Serpentrium's Review

Written on: 13/11/2016

I have a tdr 125 Full Power (2000) and whilst I agree with the majority of this review I have to say that the bike certainly does not lift the front wheel in 1 and 2 in the powerband and it will most certainly not throw you over, the bike does want to lift but unless you drop the clutch you will not get this, I learnt a harsh lesson of the power of this bike when on my first day riding I dropped the clutch in 2nd by wearing winter gloves and the wheel came right up, this is not a bike for the faint hearted and as much as it is a 125 and has the speed of a 125 the old magazine reviews are all true..This is a hooligan bike and if your experienced "popping wheelies" you will love this bike as all you need to do is literally drop the clutch at 6000rpm before the powerband kicks in and up you go

Read 1 Comment

“Yamaha TDR looks bigger than a 125cc and fantasic...”

Written on: 05/09/2009

Yamaha TDR looks bigger than a 125cc and fantasic riding position.. no bad backs with this bike!
great looking bike and very cheap to run £15 a year road tax and round about £10 to fill tank...... and you get about 284 miles per tank… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/11/2016

what are you on pal? 284 miles to a tank? my 15 plate four stroke cbr125 pulled 280 to a full tank and that was 13 litres compared to the tdr's solitary 7, realistically your looking at 90-100 miles to a tank and that's 100 at a push....

and yes I own a full power 2000 plate tdr

Read 2 Comments

“I would agree with most of you that the Yamaha TDR 125...”

Written on: 05/07/2009

I would agree with most of you that the Yamaha TDR 125 bike is large and its comfortable to ride, but for some reason it requires a lot of repairs, my bike spends more time at the mechanics place then under me... For this reason i didnt really like the bike. The biggest problem for my bike is the engine, keeps on breaking. I changed so many pistons, that its impossible to change it next time because the cylinder is too wide… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/11/2016

My head gasket is currently shot at the moment so I do kind of agree with your comments on repair however this is my first tdr aswell as it being a two stroke you cant abuse it as much as a four

Read 1 Comment

“If you want drive anywhere this is your bike. I love...”

Written on: 23/10/2008 by thezami (1 review written)

If you want drive anywhere this is your bike. I love driving this bike because it ' s lovely to drive at sand road. But if you want better top-speed you had to buy tuning exhaust, best of those is arrow All-Road 2T exhaust. If you still want more you can buy new reeds and cylinder an carbs. Best of those cylinders are polini 160cc and Athena 170cc. I bought my tdr in this summer, price was around 1000. It looks great and sounds good… Read Full Review

“Big body in compare with yamaha xt125x which looks...”

Written on: 10/08/2008

Big body in compare with yamaha xt125x which looks like a moscito in compare with tdr, nice kick around 6-7000 rpm which is much more interesting than xtx, not digital speedometer, hate the digital one, simple engine when need repeare, sit can be taken of easy, comfortable wide enough. Generally I agree with many that the tdr Yamaha is one of the best from 125 cc if you are not soo mad about speedy ones but enjoy enduro style more which I do… Read Full Review

“The Yamaha TDR125 used to be sold in the UK but was...”

Written on: 17/11/2006 by nousernamesarefree (7 reviews written)

The Yamaha TDR125 used to be sold in the UK but was discontinued in 1996 as it was too expensive compared to it's rivals at the time. The TDR is a Supermoto/Enduro bike, but unusually for the 125 class, it is fitted with a large front fairing that makes medium to long range commuting possible on the bike (or away from work and more fun, touring at the weekend!). The bike is LARGE! A lot larger than it looks in pictures. It is approximately the same size as Honda's similar offering - the… Read Full Review

Bevedge1's Response to nousernamesarefree's Review

Written on: 18/04/2007

I was looking for a suitable bike after I passed my CBT and I came across your review on the TDR 125cc. My fiance as already got a TDM 850cc and the TDR is just like its baby brother! I must agree that its the best looking 125cc on the market other than the Aprilla. This bike hasn't got the usual skinny tyres and is a big big bike compared to the others around, apart from the varadaro. My bike is being delivered (new) tomorrow and i hope it handles half as good as you say. Thanks for the very detailed and interesting review. Maybe i will get to write one also after I've been riding mine a few weeks.